Pairs Short Program, Sunday 14th, 7:30PM EST | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program, Sunday 14th, 7:30PM EST

SamuraiKike

Medalist
The streaming was failing and I only managed towatch ShenZhao but without audio :cry: same for the estonianas. but still even without the music you could see they were nailing everything... so great for them. Ouch for the polish, they were a mess. and i quiet enjoyed all the piars in the secound group and believe they were a bit underscored, Id have denney & barret above 55 points.

PatC

Rinkside
I dont' know, Shen and Zhao were pretty good. Sale & Pelletier were doing the calling and said that they laid it down. The music was great for them - Who Wants to Live Forever by Queen. They did everything well, might be a little inflation.........but not much. They are so fast and fly so high. :)

mishieru07

On the Ice
I've given up caring about inflation. As long as the final placements are correct, I'm good. I thought their score was within range; high but not so high that it's totally ridiculous (think Nationals)

If the other top couples nail all their elements like S/Z did, I do think they can overtake S/Z.

Point being "must nail". Olympics are notorious for splats/ choking and we've seen quite a few already.

daisies

Rinkside
Do we think CCTV is gonna go back to skating? I got S/Z and the next two pairs, then they replayed S/Z, then they went to a ski event, and now it's ... basketball. Random! I need me some skating! I'm dyin' here on the west coast of the U.S.!

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
Sigh...I can't see anything...streaming isn't working and tv is broadcasting something else...

in the end, pairs is only my favourite discipline, and s/z are only my favourite pair :((((((((

anyway is 2.45 am, goodnight to everybody (at least in europe!) I just hope I'll catch some video later...

pengdequan

Rinkside
I do see a possibility for S/S to overtake S/Z.It seems like S/P dislike S/Z?I do remember they are S/Z's friends....

PatC

Rinkside
No, Sale and Pelletier think Shen and Zhao are hard to beat, great skaters. :) But they think that Sav & Szol are the ones to beat if they skate clean.

Scout

Final Flight
The fairness of S/Z marks will be determined by how they are in relation to other top pairs who nail their programs.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
NBC has just said they will go back to figure skating after the commercials now running. Go for it!

hauteor

On the Ice
The hall looks really nice- the chairs especially look really comfy and soft, not like the plastic in Tallinn, although if my photographic memory doesn't fail me (which it can), in Torino there were no chairs, just long strips of what looked like concrete...

jcoates

Medalist
These STUPID Dreamworks commercials really need to stop. I know NBC is hurting for cash, but there has got to be a better way to rake it in.