Is there an "Olympic Ice" program this time? | Golden Skate

Is there an "Olympic Ice" program this time?

76olympics

On the Ice
I still have the videos saved from 2006! Is there going to be a similar program? If it could be viewed online, I would be one happy figure skating fan....

jcoates

Medalist
There is a program on Universal Sports at 2PM EST every day hosted by Terry Gannon. I started a thread about this yesterday, but I think it got buried. :)

It's not designed to be as comedic as Olympic Ice. It's more along the lines of Meet the Press/The Sports Reporters and treats the sport fairly seriously. There is some humor, but more importantly there is a pretty healthy respect for the sport. There's also been some practice video included as well. It started Friday as part of the three hour news program and the same happened today. Tomorrow and for the rest of the Games it gets it own time slot at the aforementioned time for (I believe) an hour each day.

He's hosted roundtables with former skating champs (Yamaguchi, Wylie, Carruthers, and Hamilton). It's REALLY in depth. The amount of detail they're going into is NEVER on TV. We only get this on skating forums and blogs.

Every discipline is getting equal attention. Very nice to see. You can tell the skaters all respect him and appreciate the fact that there is such a program at all.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
wish it were on a main station

we haven't got half the coverage going on this time around as we did four years ago for any part of the olympics. annoying.

jcoates

Medalist
Yeah, looks like it's only NBC and UniSports this weekend, with the other cable networks joining in on Monday.