Canada's Speedskating Suits? | Golden Skate

Canada's Speedskating Suits?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Supposedly they're a new design supposed to be more aerodynamic and blah blah blah

but watching the coverage - they don't look any different to the other teams...

am I missing something? :think:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
The thigh looks a little different (though to be fair, your eyes tend to go straight to the thigh of speedskaters)

Tigger

Final Flight
I really don't see much of a difference there either, but maybe that's the point. To look like everyone else, but really, not?

No idea why the fuss after seeing them.

I'm still in awe over the stroking of the Gold Medalist from The Netherlands down those straighaways. So fluid and powerful...Gorgeous!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I apologise if I'm making a big deal about it, just am not seeing it, and thought it must have been a big change for it to warrant as much talk as it got prior to the races this afternoon. Curiousity got the better of me.

Tigger

Final Flight
Don't apologize for that Toni, as I was as curious as you after all the fuss about them up here last night and today. I just don't see what it's all about though.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't either. Aside from the weird pattern up top on their shoulders I don't notice them anymore than any of the others... they don't look any different, what gives? all hype and no substance.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Given that speed skating is measured in thousandths of a second, I think it's plausible that we might not see what the scientists/engineers did in creating the suit. Doesn't mean there's no substance involved.