Short and Long Track Speed Skating | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Short and Long Track Speed Skating

wonbinfan86

Match Penalty
Congrats Canada on the gold in the 500m and the relay and Congrats to Korea for silver in both races, as usual Apolo Ohno gave ZERO credit to his opponents in the 500m race when he was clearly outclassed start to finish (he was the slowest skater in the race by a LARGE margin), he even went as far as to accuse the referee of showing favoritism toward the Canadian when he was CLEARLY pushing almost to the point of shoving the Canadian racer to the ground. I loved how he was doing a premature victory lap (for just a silver medal) but as you know what goes around comes around, he finally got called out for cheating, what a despicable "athlete" :rock: Ah, Schadenfreude.

Lynn51

Rinkside
Congrats Canada on the gold in the 500m and the relay and Congrats to Korea for silver in both races, as usual Apolo Ohno gave ZERO credit to his opponents in the 500m race when he was clearly outclassed start to finish (he was the slowest skater in the race by a LARGE margin), he even went as far as to accuse the referee of showing favoritism toward the Canadian when he was CLEARLY pushing almost to the point of shoving the Canadian racer to the ground. I loved how he was doing a premature victory lap (for just a silver medal) but as you know what goes around comes around, he finally got called out for cheating, what a despicable "athlete" :rock: Ah, Schadenfreude.

Where can I read or view Ono's "accusing" words? As for Ono clearly pushing/shoving the Canadian, from what I watched on replays, Ono barely touched the skater.

wonbinfan86

Match Penalty
Where can I read or view Ono's "accusing" words? As for Ono clearly pushing/shoving the Canadian, from what I watched on replays, Ono barely touched the skater.

"I ran up on [Tremblay]," Ohno told NBC in the immediate aftermath of the race. "I put my hand up so I wouldn't run into him. There was just no space to move up. ... You know, it's the head Canadian referee out there, and there were two Canadians in the race."

Tigger

Final Flight
During CTV's rundown of the race, they showed Apollo saying what he did and accusing the Cdn refree of home bias.

I thought Elvis was bad when it came to being a sore loser, Apollo could give him a good run for his money.

BigJohn

On the Ice
Korean long track female skaters proudly exhibiting camel toes. The next step in feminism after the burning of the bras.