Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hockey

Custom Title

Hockey

Canada vs Slovakia was an uninteresting rout (18-0).

Yay the Hockey thread! I've stopped watching it after the 5th goal.

I can't wait for the Men's. Still wondering if Getzlaf is good to go after the sprain ankle.

Custom Title
    I was watching the Olympics on four channels, switching in between events, and whenever I went back to Hockey (literally, every single time), the score was higher.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I was watching the Olympics on four channels, switching in between events, and whenever I went back to Hockey (literally, every single time), the score was higher.
    Watching 2 NBC feeds (the Philly and NYC feed), MSNBC, CNBC, and the Eurosport one online (British). Shame atdhe.net doesn't have the CTV/TSN feed.

Even though it was a rout, you've got to give it to their Goalie. Sure, the puck ended up in the net behind an awful lot, but not from lack of trying. She made some awfully pretty saves during the game. Too bad the rest of the team wasn't the same level.

Oh well...Slovakia's Womens Hockey Team's first ever Olympic Games. Just making it is their Gold Medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Even though it was a rout, you've got to give it to their Goalie. Sure, the puck ended up in the net behind an awful lot, but not from lack of trying. She made some awfully pretty saves during the game. Too bad the rest of the team wasn't the same level.

Oh well...Slovakia's Womens Hockey Team's first ever Olympic Games. Just making it is their Gold Medal.
    Then again the Slovaks had something similar happened to them, but on the winning side. Didn't they beat Bulgaria 82-0 at one game couple of years ago?

yeah I caught the last half hour, and didn't watch after about the first two minutes (by then it was already a run away game). Hockey isn't my cup of tea, the only time the end of a game catches my attention is if it's something truly nailbiting.

oh well, on with the rest of the games. the medal rounds are when it gets exciting.

Watching USA vs. China! This is like deja vu from last night. It's now 7-0 USA!

Correction: 9-0 USA is the final.

Finland vs. Russia is on at around 7pm tonite. Watching the Pairs instead.

No love for Team USA? :( They're leading 3-0 against the Swiss!

Shouldn't there be different threads for men and women. Well, I am not that interested until the final rounds.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Yay the Hockey thread! I've stopped watching it after the 5th goal.

I can't wait for the Men's. Still wondering if Getzlaf is good to go after the sprain ankle.
    As of yesterday, I believe he was. I'm glad he's doing better, even if I really wished Jeff Carter would get to play. Wouldn't wish an injury on anyone no matter how much I wanted a player I like to play. At least Mike Richards and Chris Pronger are on Team Canada, I believe. And Kimmo Timmonen and Oskars Bartulis for Finland and Latvia respectively. (Hmm, what my favorite NHL team could possibly be? *inconspicuous shifty eyes*)

Yay for me finally stopping my lurking and actually registering!

LOL!!! That's how I felt when I heard which Calgary Flames would be on their respective Olympic Teams too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    A

As of yesterday, I believe he was. I'm glad he's doing better, even if I really wished Jeff Carter would get to play. Wouldn't wish an injury on anyone no matter how much I wanted a player I like to play. At least Mike Richards and Chris Pronger are on Team Canada, I believe. And Kimmo Timmonen and Oskars Bartulis for Finland and Latvia respectively. (Hmm, what my favorite NHL team could possibly be? *inconspicuous shifty eyes*)

Yay for me finally stopping my lurking and actually registering!
    Don't worry it's okay to be a Flyers fan!

I'm kinda glad Carts didn't get a chance to go as he'll be needed for the playoff push. A well rested Carter is better than a tired one. He's also the team's ironman (I don't think he sat out a game for anything in the last 3 years). Besides Getzlaf + Corey Dbag (not a fan of Perry at all) works best since they've been linemates since their World Juniors days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    LOL!!! That's how I felt when I heard which Calgary Flames would be on their respective Olympic Teams too.
    Go Iggy!

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Shouldn't there be different threads for men and women. Well, I am not that interested until the final rounds.
    I do love all the Hailey/Angie/Sidney/Ovy/Kane love!

OMG we almost flippin' lost to the Swiss! Thank God for Sid the kid. Next game, they need a lot less passbacks and a lot more driving to the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama View Post
    OMG we almost flippin' lost to the Swiss! Thank God for Sid the kid. Next game, they need a lot less passbacks and a lot more driving to the net.
    Hey it's not as bad as the Russians losing to Slovakia. Wow what a bad night for Russia. First Plushy, now Ovy and his boys.

Wow don't know what to choose... USA vs. Canada or the OD?!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast