Hockey | Golden Skate

Hockey

ARipp42014

Medalist
Yay the Hockey thread! I've stopped watching it after the 5th goal.

I can't wait for the Men's. Still wondering if Getzlaf is good to go after the sprain ankle.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I was watching the Olympics on four channels, switching in between events, and whenever I went back to Hockey (literally, every single time), the score was higher.

ARipp42014

Medalist
I was watching the Olympics on four channels, switching in between events, and whenever I went back to Hockey (literally, every single time), the score was higher.

Watching 2 NBC feeds (the Philly and NYC feed), MSNBC, CNBC, and the Eurosport one online (British). Shame atdhe.net doesn't have the CTV/TSN feed.

Tigger

Final Flight
Even though it was a rout, you've got to give it to their Goalie. Sure, the puck ended up in the net behind an awful lot, but not from lack of trying. She made some awfully pretty saves during the game. Too bad the rest of the team wasn't the same level.

Oh well...Slovakia's Womens Hockey Team's first ever Olympic Games. Just making it is their Gold Medal. :)

ARipp42014

Medalist
Even though it was a rout, you've got to give it to their Goalie. Sure, the puck ended up in the net behind an awful lot, but not from lack of trying. She made some awfully pretty saves during the game. Too bad the rest of the team wasn't the same level.

Oh well...Slovakia's Womens Hockey Team's first ever Olympic Games. Just making it is their Gold Medal. :)

Then again the Slovaks had something similar happened to them, but on the winning side. Didn't they beat Bulgaria 82-0 at one game couple of years ago?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah I caught the last half hour, and didn't watch after about the first two minutes (by then it was already a run away game). Hockey isn't my cup of tea, the only time the end of a game catches my attention is if it's something truly nailbiting.

oh well, on with the rest of the games. the medal rounds are when it gets exciting.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Watching USA vs. China! This is like deja vu from last night. It's now 7-0 USA!

Correction: 9-0 USA is the final.

Finland vs. Russia is on at around 7pm tonite. Watching the Pairs instead.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Shouldn't there be different threads for men and women. Well, I am not that interested until the final rounds.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
A
Yay the Hockey thread! I've stopped watching it after the 5th goal.

I can't wait for the Men's. Still wondering if Getzlaf is good to go after the sprain ankle.

As of yesterday, I believe he was. I'm glad he's doing better, even if I really wished Jeff Carter would get to play. Wouldn't wish an injury on anyone no matter how much I wanted a player I like to play. At least Mike Richards and Chris Pronger are on Team Canada, I believe. And Kimmo Timmonen and Oskars Bartulis for Finland and Latvia respectively. (Hmm, what my favorite NHL team could possibly be? *inconspicuous shifty eyes*)

:biggrin: Yay for me finally stopping my lurking and actually registering!

Tigger

Final Flight
LOL!!! That's how I felt when I heard which Calgary Flames would be on their respective Olympic Teams too. :biggrin:

ARipp42014

Medalist
A

As of yesterday, I believe he was. I'm glad he's doing better, even if I really wished Jeff Carter would get to play. Wouldn't wish an injury on anyone no matter how much I wanted a player I like to play. At least Mike Richards and Chris Pronger are on Team Canada, I believe. And Kimmo Timmonen and Oskars Bartulis for Finland and Latvia respectively. (Hmm, what my favorite NHL team could possibly be? *inconspicuous shifty eyes*)

:biggrin: Yay for me finally stopping my lurking and actually registering!

Don't worry it's okay to be a Flyers fan! :agree:

I'm kinda glad Carts didn't get a chance to go as he'll be needed for the playoff push. A well rested Carter is better than a tired one. He's also the team's ironman (I don't think he sat out a game for anything in the last 3 years). Besides Getzlaf + Corey Dbag (not a fan of Perry at all) works best since they've been linemates since their World Juniors days.

LOL!!! That's how I felt when I heard which Calgary Flames would be on their respective Olympic Teams too. :biggrin:

Go Iggy!

Shouldn't there be different threads for men and women. Well, I am not that interested until the final rounds.

I do love all the Hailey/Angie/Sidney/Ovy/Kane love!

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
OMG we almost flippin' lost to the Swiss! Thank God for Sid the kid. Next game, they need a lot less passbacks and a lot more driving to the net.

ARipp42014

Medalist
OMG we almost flippin' lost to the Swiss! Thank God for Sid the kid. Next game, they need a lot less passbacks and a lot more driving to the net.

Hey it's not as bad as the Russians losing to Slovakia. Wow what a bad night for Russia. First Plushy, now Ovy and his boys.

Wow don't know what to choose... USA vs. Canada or the OD?!

ARipp42014

Medalist
BUMP! We've got USA winning today, Russia vs. Canada tonite, and USA vs. Canada (for gold, the ladies edition) tomorrow....

who's excited?

MissIzzy

Final Flight
And I think the Russians will have to go strangle the Americans for sending a bunch of angry Canadians into their quarterfinal. :laugh: That's a pity but there it goes.

Tigger

Final Flight
OH CANADA!!!!

Congratulations Girls!!! You did it!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

About last night...I saw the Pre Game Show and they were talking about how in Russia they were saying many of the same things about their Team that we were saying here in Canada about ours. So I wasn't as shocked by last night after hearing about that, but...7-3!?! Who woulda thunk it!?!

You know...I wouldn't want to be the Head of the Russian Sports Federation right now. No Gold Medals in Figure Skating and then their Mens Team gets knocked out in the QuarterFinals? There's going to be some very hard questions flung that person's way in Russia me thinks.