Hockey | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Hockey

i love to skate

Medalist
YAYYY CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is going to be a fantastic closing ceremonies with a jubilant mood!!! Canada now owns the record for most gold won in a Winter Olympics!!

I find it funny that Crosby scored the winner....after all the abuse he takes from fans. Player of the game in my view was Jonathan Toews....love him!

Jhar55

Medalist
1st off I know nothing about hockey, but Congrate Canada.
US players hold your head high you played a GREAT game....

aurora100

Final Flight
1st off I know nothing about hockey, but Congrate Canada.
US players hold your head high you played a GREAT game....

totally, they played well the tournament, unbeaten until this Game, Canada had to take a longer way home

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
YEAH BABY! Best Olympics EVAH!!!! Between all the gold, the hockey GOLD, Scott and Tessa GOLD-it rocked!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

figuristka

Medalist
wow what a hockey game, i don't usually watch it but that was exciting. GO Canada yay ! i miss home. Crosby is great.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Still a little bummed out but I'm happy for my team to make it this far. People were hoping for a Canada-Russia final and the Americans to go home early. I'm very proud of them!

Congrats Canada on your 15th gold medal at these games! :)

figuristka

Medalist
Ladies and mens hockey, Ice dance title, ladies singles medal and lots of speed skating medals, could this mean Canada is the best on ice? :)

aurora100

Final Flight
Sorry, Sorry aurora. I was so excited with Canada winning the Gold , I misread your post . Sorry again

No worries. I'm sorry the Olympics is coming to an end. Love watching the life time work of all these amazing athletes... in sports I don't normally watch....I'm going to have a major withdrawal. LOL

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:love: What a game! I was glued the whole time. The streets in my neighbourhood were deserted during the entire game , except for a few hardy souls between periods either driving around a few blocks with flags waving , or dashing to the store for more nibblies and Mix...downtown Vancouver was glorious bedlam..

Tigger

Final Flight
Still a little bummed out but I'm happy for my team to make it this far. People were hoping for a Canada-Russia final and the Americans to go home early. I'm very proud of them!

As you should be!! That game wouldn't even have been close to being the Classic it turned into if Team USA hadn't rose to the occasion as they did. Ryan Miller was OUTSTANDING!!! In fact, afterwards when Dad and I played who would be on our First and Second Team All Star selections, we both picked him as our First Team All Star Goalie. Luongo was Second Team All Star simply due to the fact he wasn't the Canadian Goalie until Babcock had no choice and had to yank Brodeur after that mess of a last game in the Round Robin.

Marty, while I honour his talent and what he's done for Canada in the past, just so obviously didn't have it here in Vancouver. I still think Babcock should have yanked him in the First Period of that final Round Robin Game and put LOOOOOOO in then. JMO of course, but there it is.

Congrats Canada on your 15th gold medal at these games! :)

And Congratulations to the US on a well deserved Silver Medal and for helping to create what's going to go down in History as one of of, if not *the*, Greatest Olympic Mens Gold Medal Hockey Game EVER!!! :biggrin:

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
And Congratulations to the US on a well deserved Silver Medal and for helping to create what's going to go down in History as one of of, if not *the*, Greatest Olympic Mens Gold Medal Hockey Game EVER!!!

Here, here. As you said, ARipp, the sports callers didn't even factor Team USA in but Team USA almost won the whole thing. Ryan Kessler & Ryan Miller were otustanding. (Was I the only Canadian screaming from the couch,"Cover Kessler! Cover Kessler!" LOL Maybe I'd had too much poutine at that point. LOL O rmaybe it was the Moosehead ;))

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
It sure seems like it. Congrats to Canada for a well executed game.