Hockey | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Hockey

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Yay Girls!!! They rocked it. Did you see how nervous the guys looked when the girls won. It was like, "uh oh, now we really have to win." Hoping they can do it but a lot more nervous for them than I was for our girls.

Tigger, I think the difference was that Team Canada analyzed the strengths and weaknesses of their opponents and made sure they picked the players adn set up the lines to match. That's how we shut Ovechkin down. The Russians didn't. They had some awesome forwards aand counte don nthe fact that Malkin, Semin and Ovechkin would be able to get by anybody. I'm a little worried that Team Canada underestimated Team USA, though, and the Czechs have one hot goalie. Hoping our guys can put it in the net. The other teams are really covering Crosby and Iginla so I wouldn't be surprised to see all the goals come from guys like Perry, Heatley, Stahl, etc.

Tigger

Final Flight
Well...The so called "Dream Gold Medal Game" is going to end up happening on Sunday. May the best team win and...

GO CANADA GO!!!

One last thing about last night...Was so impressed w/the crowd at Canada Hockey Place last night during the US Team getting their Silver Medals. The US fans started doing the "USA...USA...USA..." chant, but w/in a couple of minutes, the entire crowd was doing it and then gave the US Ladies a well deserved Standing Ovation.

Gave me a case of the chills, but good ones, last night. :biggrin:

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
It's going to be insane in that arena on Sunday!!!! Sorry American friends. I like talking to you about skating but I have to root for Team Canada big time here (I think they kick us out of Canada otherwise! LOL)

ARipp42014

Medalist
BUMP! Good luck to both USA and Canada! May the best team win (even though Americans don't like Crosby just like Canadians don't like Kane)!

aurora100

Final Flight
Crosby scores the winner.

Thank you God. I am not a hocky fan but it would have been awful to live with my fellow Canadians if we lost it. And Sydney had to make up for missing his break away that would have put the game away and not send us to over time.