NBC wins at jinxing | Page 2 | Golden Skate

NBC wins at jinxing

janetfan

Match Penalty
I make a correction to my last post - 14 is more than 9 :biggrin:

ETA:
The States had a great performance here and it really is too bad you can't seem to say the same about the Canadians.

Congratulations to Canada for hosting a wonderful Olympic festival.
The hockey tournament was particularly good and if Team USA came up short I am still proud of their effort.

Hockey is not nearly as big in USA as it is in Canada so I feel happy for Canada that they won and can celebrate their national sport with a Gold medal.

A nice reward for the host country and well earned and very well deserved.
I am sure the closing ceremonies will be great and can't wait for them to get started.

i love to skate

Medalist
Congratulations to Canada for hosting a wonderful Olympic festival.
The hockey tournament was particularly good and if Team USA came up short I am still proud of their effort.

Hockey is not nearly as big in USA as it is in Canada so I feel happy for Canada that they won and can celebrate their national sport with a Gold medal.

A nice reward for the host country and well earned and very well deserved.
I am sure the closing ceremonies will be great and can't wait for them to get started.

Thanks for your kind words Janetfan!! That game was so nervewracking and when Parise scored he gave all of Canada a heart attack!

I can't wait for the Closing Ceremonies - but I am so sad the Olympics are over :cry:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Thanks for your kind words Janetfan!! That game was so nervewracking and when Parise scored he gave all of Canada a heart attack!

I can't wait for the Closing Ceremonies - but I am so sad the Olympics are over :cry:

Ha,ha - I know what you mean. I wish the Olympics would run for another week.
I remember how much I enjoyed the Calgary games and thought Vancouver was even more impressive.
Boitano won in '88 and now Evan in 2010. Seems Canadian ice brings our guys good luck!

mishieru07

On the Ice
Not that I know of. It's always been the number of MEDALS, not the number of gold medals. "Common knowledge" in Canada, maybe.

Totally disagree. In my country it is ALWAYS number of gold medals. If I'm not wrong, that's the way most Asian countries see it as well. Gold > Silver > Bronze.

Wasn't there a huge fuss about it at the Beijing Olympics? NBC was one of the few to rank by total medals ie America in first while the rest ranked by gold medals ie China first.

Anyway, GREAT JOB CANADA! It's been a wonderful Games!

IndieBoi

On the Ice
Totally disagree. In my country it is ALWAYS number of gold medals. If I'm not wrong, that's the way most Asian countries see it as well. Gold > Silver > Bronze.

Yup, rangkings at the Asian Games are always by gold first, then silver and bronze.