Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Men's moguls

  1. #1
    Custom Title snowflake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,413

    Men's moguls

    I love watching moguls, though I don't understand the judging system (well, then people could love figure skating too, if not understanding COP)

    Aren't they just amazing athletes/showmen? Love the slow motion pictures.

    I am rooting for Jesper Björnlund, who grew up in my small village But GO ALL

  2. #2
    Comeback Queen! ARipp42014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,492
    Men's Final starts at 8:30 EST! It's almost a 4-way tied for first.

    1 COLAS Guilbaut (France) 25.93
    2 BILODEAU Alexandre (Canada) 25.48
    3 WILSON Bryon (USA) 25.06
    4 BEGG-SMITH Dale (Australia) 25.03
    5 BJOERNLUND Jesper (Sweden) 24.53

  3. #3
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    I love watching moguls, though I don't understand the judging system (well, then people could love figure skating too, if not understanding COP)

    Aren't they just amazing athletes/showmen? Love the slow motion pictures.
    Me too! LOVE the beauty! Love it!!!! The speed, dynamic jumps, and beautiful twists and back flip! In particular, I am really loving men's! I tend to enjoy ladies in FS better, but moguls, definitely men!! The dynamic, big jumps and the speed are just simply incredible! I just watched the qualification this morning. Oh, I wish if I could watch the final on time! But I am now at work (why am I on this site? hehe, just warming up).

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Canada's gold medal drought is over.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,062
    Congrats to Canada! Enjoy the rest of the Games with less pressure.

  6. #6
    Always Believed! Sk8n Mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    520
    First Gold!!! I had tears. So proud to be Canadian right now.

  7. #7
    Quad Queen cloudkicker09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    735
    TICKED!!! As an Australian, I am ticked that Beggs-Smith, did not win!!!! I thought that he had the better run, and it says alot about a guy who started and runs his own company to pay for his sport. Winter medals are hard for Aussies to come by so gold from him would have meant alot, and he is born in Canada, so it would have been the same thing anyway. EXCEPT I would have been able to sing ADVANCE AUSTRALIAN FAIR!!!!!

  8. #8
    Comeback Queen! ARipp42014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,492
    Finally a gold for Canada! 3 cheers of Molson!

    Everyone at the plaza better sing it like it was a hockey game!

    Now back to the pairs!

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    205
    Congrats to Canada! My hubby is from BC so we got a loud cheer out of him down here in Texas.

  10. #10
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker
    TICKED!!! As an Australian, I am ticked that Beggs-Smith, did not win!!!! I thought that he had the better run, and it says alot about a guy who started and runs his own company to pay for his sport. Winter medals are hard for Aussies to come by so gold from him would have meant alot, and he is born in Canada, so it would have been the same thing anyway. EXCEPT I would have been able to sing ADVANCE AUSTRALIAN FAIR!!!!!

    He was so impressive! It's so cool that he's a self-made millionnaire as well as an Olympic champion. I thought he had the best form overall but the Canadian guy's win didn't shock me since he was so fast. He was great too. Not that I know the tiniest bit about skiing.

  11. #11
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,654
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post
    and he is born in Canada, so it would have been the same thing anyway.
    except Austrailia would get to claim Gold, not Canada.

  12. #12
    Custom Title Tigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    100 Acre Wood
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    Congrats to Canada! Enjoy the rest of the Games with less pressure.
    I know the Party Line so far has been, "Oh that Gold Medal is coming and etc, etc, etc...", but they aren't fooling this fan. A HUGE monkey got dropkicked off of Cypress Mountain and into the Pacific Ocean earlier tonight and you can't tell me every single Canadian Favourite didn't take a deep sigh of relief after hearing the news.

    What a performance, Valentine's Day Present to Canada and Belated Birthday Present to his older brother who suffers from Cererbal Palsy.

    I was choked up several times tonight, but it wasn't until Alex's entire family joined him and Brian Williams and they surprised him w/Darren Dutchysen bringing in a bottle of Bubbly and those little plastic wine glasses. Dutchie opened up the bottle and then did the honours of fillling the little glasses, w/Alex passing them off to his Family. Now Fredrick normally doesn't drink Alchcol, but after having his first sip of the Champange, Fredrick went, "Mmmmmm!!!!"

    Brian then told Alex to tell Fredirick in French, that it's tradition for the first person given a glass to make a toast w/, is the person who makes the toast. His voice is a bit garbled due to his Cerebral Palsy being so severe, even I was able to hear him say in French to his brother, "Congratulations Olympic Champion!!"

    Now that finished me off and the emotion really hit me and I started to bawl!!!

    Congratulations Alexandre!! Thank you for the wonderful Valentine's Present you gave to all of us tonight!!!
    Last edited by Tigger; 02-15-2010 at 01:27 AM.

  13. #13
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Congrat Canada! I am still at work but I am so excited to watch and cannot wait to go home!

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I know the Party Line so far has been, "Oh that Gold Medal is coming and etc, etc, etc...", but they aren't fooling this fan. A HUGE monkey got dropkicked off of Cypress Mountain and into the Pacific Ocean earlier tonight and you can't tell me every single Canadian Favourite didn't take a deep sigh of relief after hearing the news.
    Couldn't it have been both? We've won gold medals at every single games since Calgary (whereas before that our record was spotty - yes in Sarejevo and Innsbruck, no in Lake Placid and Sapporo), and I don't think there's anyone who thought we wouldn't here. But knowing that it's been done, yeah - that monkey certainly got drop kicked into the ocean. I'm more interested now in seeing if "Own the Podium" continues in other guises for the next four years (and onwards).

  15. #15
    Always Believed! Sk8n Mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    520
    I missed the Brian Williams interview! I hope they replay it today. Maybe CTV will carry it online.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •