Men's moguls | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's moguls

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Begg-Smith NOT happy at the ceremony. What a sour face and no waves.

They're saying, apparently, that's how he always is, even when he wins. I'm watching CTV replay the entire event right now and they talked about him at the start. Also, yes, the CTV commentator said Colas did not grab his ski on the final jump which is considered an error.

Last edited:

Lilli

Rinkside
Now CTV has reported that Australia is protesting - saying that Bilodeau was overscored. They feel that Begg-Smith should have won.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Now CTV has reported that Australia is protesting - saying that Bilodeau was overscored. They feel that Begg-Smith should have won.

Haha, now it reminds me of figure skating. Why do I love watching these sports :rofl:

Tigger

Final Flight
During hiis second air manuever, Colas didn't grab the ski like he was supposed to in that position, so he got a deduction. I didn't catch it but the announcer on TSN/CTV did right away - she was probably biased for the Canadian, but she knew what the judges would say and they did.

Oh For God's Sake, will you knock off the "Canadian bias" crap!! Veronica Brenner's one of the least biased of the Freestyle commentators out there. I saw it too and mentioned it to my parents and *before* Veronica saw it. Also there were a couple of times during the middle part of the run where you could see space between his legs. They're supposed to be glued together. Combine all of that and the placement's not that big a mystery.

I wonder if the Aussie will manage a smile for the Ceremony tonight. Last night, he needed to take a page out of Jenn Heil's book on how to handle winnng a Silver Medal. Even though you're disapponted, you suck it up and show some class. You don't pout and look like a brat.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Oh For God's Sake, will you knock off the "Canadian bias" crap!! Veronica Brenner's one of the least biased of the Freestyle commentators out there. I saw it too and mentioned it to my parents and *before* Veronica saw it. Also there were a couple of times during the middle part of the run where you could see space between his legs. They're supposed to be glued together. Combine all of that and the placement's not that big a mystery.

I wonder if the Aussie will manage a smile for the Ceremony tonight. Last night, he needed to take a page out of Jenn Heil's book on how to handle winnng a Silver Medal. Even though you're disapponted, you suck it up and show some class. You don't pout and look like a brat.

WHOA!!!!!! Firstly, I'm Canadian, so I'm probably being hypersensitive to any accusations of bias in general. Secondly, I hoped my comment basically functioned as a pre-emptive strike, ie: you can believe the Canadian commentator were biased for the Canadian, but she called a deduction and the international panel of judges followed suit. So even if you do think she was biased, she made the correct call. Thirdly, calm down - I cannot believe my comment elicted that level of anger in a response. It was such a minor thing.

I look forward to seeing where that protest goes, cloudkicker09. You seem to think that if your favourites don't win, there's some foul play all the time.

Tigger

Final Flight
WHOA!!!!!! Firstly, I'm Canadian, so I'm probably being hypersensitive to any accusations of bias in general. Secondly, I hoped my comment basically functioned as a pre-emptive strike, ie: you can believe the Canadian commentator were biased for the Canadian, but she called a deduction and the international panel of judges followed suit. So even if you do think she was biased, she made the correct call. Thirdly, calm down - I cannot believe my comment elicted that level of anger in a response. It was such a minor thing.

I look forward to seeing where that protest goes, cloudkicker09. You seem to think that if your favourites don't win, there's some foul play all the time.

Sorry about that. I'd just come from checking my LiveJournal and one of my "friends" over there started her reply to my happy posting about Alex last night w/"I don't mean to come off bitchy, but..." and then proceeded to complain about my use of "w/".

I get she's blind and I get her software doesn't react well to that shortform, but of all the posts for her to pull that crap in, that wasn't the time or place for it and I'd just let her have it. I'm still steamed too.

So I'm sorry I over reacted. :(

Oh and what you told cloudkicker? Ignore is a lovely feature here at GS...

I'm just sayin...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

I didn't notice his reaction - but I did notice the reaction of one of the Lugers who was bumped from first place by another luger. He was TICKED. At least you know their reactions aren't fake :laugh: (though it is poor sportsmanship)