Thread: The Ski Jumping/Nordic Combined/CC Skiing Thread

Hybrid View

The Ski Jumping/Nordic Combined/CC Skiing Thread

Who would've thought the Americans would win a medal in any of these events. Another silver for USA (plus a 4th and 6th place finish) today at the NC!

Custom Title
    Today was the first training session of the Ski Jumpers on the Big Hill. Ammann first, Kofler second, with Schlierenzauer and Morgenstern not starting. I'm getting nervous already!

Simon Potter FTW!!!

Custom Title
    Hehe! I'm Swiss, but I'm a fan of the Austrians. They are cute, all four of them, especially Kofler. BTW, apparently Ammans Skis are put into question as not according to the rules.

But they're ok now, so he can try to win another gold medal tomorrow.
    In the qualification he was the best again!
    Good Luck....

Custom Title
    Yes, they are. We will see. Something about Pointners "It is good that's clear now how those things are handled, for the future" makes me think the Austrians may have some technical whirlagigs in the backhand, but maybe only for after the Olympics. As the rounded binding is officially allowed now, a lot of people will use it, also at the Ski Flying Worlds in a month.

As for tomorrow: may the best man win! (This from someone who thinks Schlierenzauer is the best ski jumper of the world, both technically ans asthetically... )