The Ski Jumping/Nordic Combined/CC Skiing Thread | Golden Skate

The Ski Jumping/Nordic Combined/CC Skiing Thread

ARipp42014

Medalist
Who would've thought the Americans would win a medal in any of these events. Another silver for USA (plus a 4th and 6th place finish) today at the NC! :eek::biggrin::agree:

viv

On the Ice
Today was the first training session of the Ski Jumpers on the Big Hill. Ammann first, Kofler second, with Schlierenzauer and Morgenstern not starting. I'm getting nervous already! :unsure::)

viv

On the Ice
Hehe! I'm Swiss, but I'm a fan of the Austrians. They are cute, all four of them, especially Kofler. BTW, apparently Ammans Skis are put into question as not according to the rules.

Yschntä

Rinkside
But they're ok now, so he can try to win another gold medal tomorrow.
In the qualification he was the best again!
Good Luck....

viv

On the Ice
Yes, they are. We will see. Something about Pointners "It is good that's clear now how those things are handled, for the future" makes me think the Austrians may have some technical whirlagigs in the backhand, but maybe only for after the Olympics. As the rounded binding is officially allowed now, a lot of people will use it, also at the Ski Flying Worlds in a month.

As for tomorrow: may the best man win! (This from someone who thinks Schlierenzauer is the best ski jumper of the world, both technically ans asthetically... :biggrin: ;) )

pohatta

On the Ice
What an embarrassment for Finland. Hautamäki was heading for another medal in his 3rd consecutive Olympics but totally lost it and dropped from 3rd to 26th. Vancouver has brought us only one silver so far.

Ammann is phenomenal. Hard to believe he was an Olympic champion 8 years ago as he still looks like a teenager.

viv

On the Ice
Congrats to Ammann - he was unbeatable here. Malysz and Schlierenzauer also were great. I feel a bit heartbroken for Kofler - loosing a medal for only one point to his roomate must be hard, and he had gone through such hard times the last year. He is such a nice guy, always having a friendly word for his rivals. Schlierenzauer said in an interview that it is hard for himself that he has the medal and Andi not, and that they will fight together for the team gold on tuesday.
Considering that the best Norwegian was placed behind Loitzl, who was as tenth the worst of the Austrians they should achive that. Sorry, pohatta, I don't think that Finland will have much to say about it. :)

Zora

On the Ice
I was hoping Matti Hautamäki could keep the 3rd place! But I almost expected the second jump to be like this. :sheesh:
Ammann was just great and I'm very happy for Adam Malysz!

viv

On the Ice
Yesterdays Team Ski Jumping competition was just so great to watch! :bow: I am a fan of the Austrian eagles for several years now, and I am glad that they finally won gold. And they didn't only win gold, they won every single of the eight jumps every team had, and had over 70 points more than the Germans who won silver. :rock:
Congrats also to them and to the Norwegians who took bronze.
Schlierenzauer had a 146,5m jump in his last effort which is Olympic record. I wonder which of the two - Ammann or Schlierenzauer - will win the World Cup in which they are almost tied and the moment. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Gregor... :p