Pairs Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skate

I don't mind them skating last apart from the fact that I don't know how I'll stay awake! It's already 1.30 am here!

Wow. I think I would skip the beginning and take a nap if I were you. You can watch it later on tape, can't you? But if you're up for it, good luck!

Go, Xue and Hongbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
I will seriously cry if S&Z don't win tonight. I'm so nervous I don't know if I can take them skating last. Anyone got some tums? lol

You will not be alone in your crying. I will be crying right along with you. Hell, I was crying during their short program. Lol my boyfriend handed me a box of tissues when they went onto the ice. He knows me so well:laugh:

I just love Shen & Zhao:love:

Alatariel

On the Ice
Wow. I think I would skip the beginning and take a nap if I were you. You can watch it later on tape, can't you? But if you're up for it, good luck!

Go, Xue and Hongbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would except that I have a horrible feeling that I'd just roll over and continue when the time to get up comes! If I do fall asleep then there's always the tape true but there's just something about watching this live you know? The excitement, the heart attacks!

BigJohn

On the Ice
Why don't we watch the competition first before making comments like that.

What you don't know these teams? Apart from S&Z who are right up there with the greatest teams of all time, nobody comes close to T&M. And T&M are pretty much the class donkeys when it comes to recent Olympics champs. S&S would be sadder than their clown costumes last night, and none of the russian teams have it, it being OGM charisma and stature. Only P&T would be worthy of gold only if S&Z completely self destruct.

Last edited:

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
I will seriously cry if S&Z don't win tonight. I'm so nervous I don't know if I can take them skating last. Anyone got some tums? lol

I will too....I really want them to win...and I don't know how to stay awake...it's 2am here, how can I stay awake 'til about 5?!? and at 9am I have to be to the uni!!!

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
You will not be alone in your crying. I will be crying right along with you. Hell, I was crying during their short program. Lol my boyfriend handed me a box of tissues when they went onto the ice. He knows me so well:laugh:

I was tearing up just seeing that they are skating last! Oy I'm gonna be a mess either way.

ARipp42014

Medalist
I hate the fact that I might miss the final flight because of work (darn graveyard shift) but hopefully we'll get a winner by 11pm EST!

I just want everyone to skate their best. If Aliona & Robin skate their best just like Shen & Zhao, then I'll be happy for whoever the judges decide to give the gold. But I want to see a happy ending. We didn't get that for Sasha, we might not get that with Isa & Oli, and only the Plushy lovers will get it if he wins, but the majority here wants them to win that long awaited gold. Plus, I just want Masha & Max to rebound and Pang & Tong to bump Yuko & Sasha off.

Let the party begin! :biggrin:

Hikaru

Final Flight

I know what you mean, I want them to win so bad!!! I want them to perform as good as we know they can do it. Yesterday I was so nervous but then I felt so emotional I had tears in my eyes. Four years ago I couldn't get any feed to see them so I found out through a forum that they got the bronze, and I cried of happiness because I knew how tough it was for them to go to Torino. And now, this could be the time for them finally. They are so good athletes but also they create emotion in their performances. God, I should stop now.

GO SHEN AND ZHAO, WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

Alex

On the Ice
Fact 1: If Shen and Zhao go clean, they will win, no matter how spectacular S&S will be.
Fact 2: If K&T go clean, they will medal, no matter how spectacular P&T will be.

Good luck to all the pairs, this is one of the deepest fields ever in pair skating, and I hope we will see some great performances tonight.

Frenchdude

Rinkside
Fact 1: If Shen and Zhao go clean, they will win, no matter how spectacular S&S will be.
Fact 2: If K&T go clean, they will medal, no matter how spectacular P&T will be.

Good luck to all the pairs, this is one of the deepest fields ever in pair skating, and I hope we will see some great performances tonight.

I am not so sure. Both their TES and PCS will be very close, could swing either way if they both deliver clean performances.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
is it even possible to have a pairs podium at the olympics without a Russian team? are the judges going to go against tradition? (why start now?)

BlackAxel

Final Flight

Haha, i think my boydriend would have to do the same thing after their free skate tonight! **crossing fingers** that Shen/Zhou give a memorable performance :)

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
is it even possible to have a pairs podium at the olympics without a Russian team? are the judges going to go against tradition? (why start now?)

There will be a Russian on the podium. It's the Russian Dynasty :laugh:

Good Luck Z/S:love:

stella8h8chang

Rinkside
What the?!?!?! Channel 9 in Australia isn't even going to bother showing any of the Pairs skating today. No, they've stopped their Olympic broadcast and are showing the Ellen Degeneres show...

Can anyone help me, please? Is there a live stream that's viewable from Oz? I'd be so grateful if there was!!!

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
I think I'd be more okay, but I'm having MK flashbacks and its making me extra nervous. I don't know if I could take both MK and S/Z without the OGM. It just woudn't be right.

Ximena

Final Flight
German pair H&W. Such a shame about her fall on 3t, especially after that great throw jump...both throws were great. I like when I can see skaters that I will probably never see again perform well.

Arena is not full yet, but I guess it's still early.