Pairs Free Skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skate

jcoates

Medalist
David Peletier announced that he (Morosov) was retiring so that she (Volosozhar) could find another partner to medal (presumably because she can't with him, which I think is a fair assessment. He's extremely strong, though).

That's got to be tough considering the fact that they are a couple.

Incidentally, E/L got huge scores for their lifts. That made up the difference for the jump errors. They also got good PCS marks.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
That's what I first thought too. Im very happy for E/L they've outdone themselves, but if that kind of long program is getting 114 points. The final flight teams will be getting 140+ at worst.

Agreed. But we knew they were gonna post huge scores at the Olympics - the GP season had been hinting in that direction.

gold12345

Medalist
Bazarova/Larionov really struggled. And still scored 106 pts. Yup, we'll see some 140+ scores tonight.

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Interviewing the 1960 Olympic Gold Medalists on TSN ... they look amazing, it's almost inconceivable to think how long ago that was - the clip they showed should have been longer.

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Two foots the throw 3F, a fall on the s/s 3S - otherwise, very pretty, very nice flow. She is very tiny in comparison to Cody, which helps with the effortless way he can lift and carry her.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Warm-up group 4 on the ice! My feed is not cooperating, so my apologies if I've missed some elements here or there....

Langlois/Hay
"Sunrise" from Grand Canyon suite
Annabelle Langlois is so pretty.

2twist - ok
SBS 3S - fall by Annabelle
Throw 3S - ok
SBS3T-2T(?) - fought for it, but landed
Throw 3F - 2 footed

Awww, they are so adorable.

ARipp42014

Medalist
And here come the Zhangs!:sheesh:

This is my last commentary until the final flight because I gotta get ready to drive over to work. Watching the Zhangs and Masha & Max on NBC. BBL!

Tenorguy

On the Ice
When did the trend of the woman holding onto her free leg in a death spiral begin? I'm not a fan... Would you call that a catch death spiral entrance?

gold12345

Medalist
Ehhhh. L/H have some pretty moments, but they seem slow to me. Huge score for what they did, but that's been the trend all night.