Pairs Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skate

Tigger

Final Flight
I actually thought Max and Maria's costumes were far better than what they had on at SC. I liked them.

GO JESS AND BRYCE!!!!

beep_beep

Medalist
M/T: ah, cr*p... other than the jumps, their skating is beautiful... (and they don't even have the look of murder on their faces on the KnC, they must have softened up...)

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
D/D landed side by side jumps ... so far so good (Okay, I'm Canadian!)

Edited to add... but, fell on the s/s 3S, and now spins are out of unison. Sigh.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Dube/Davison
The way we were
I wish they'd change their costumes

3twist - ok
SBS 2A - 3T - landed!
SBS 3S - Jessica falls
SBS spins - holy off unison! Jump probably rattled them
Throw 3S - 2 footed, barely hung on
Throw 3Lo - landed

D/D look extremely disappointed :(

They have definitely skated this better, they looked a bit slow and lifeless tonight. Should place around 3rd if scores are fair.

I think I have to go back and watch Sale and Pelletier's Love Story. The music was so much better arranged than the cuts chosen by this Russian team: it told a story; it built to the ending. And of course Jamie inhabited the character of the girl. Add to that Lori Nichol's poetic choreography, and it's hard to beat. Even the costumes were superior.

Watching D and D is painful. It must be so difficult to be not at your best on home ice in the Olympics.

Edit: I just went back and watched Sale and Pelletier skating at the 2001 Grand Prix. Oh, man...it was pure lightning, even more beautiful than I remembered it. I hope at least one or two of the upcoming pairs are able to create such magic tonight.

Last edited: