Pairs Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skate

bekalc

Record Breaker
Wow S/Z on the perfect spot to skate... last! If they skate the way they did today, we'll get our fairy tale ending! I do hope to see a repeat of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaYFO2AXp-E

And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQRfNDX3kI

I do see this becoming a very close race since I also want Ali and Robin to do well as well. However, this better not be a repeat of Euros, since we're getting Yuko (and that gosh awful costume) and Sasha skating before them.

Tomorrow nite will be amazing! Best of luck to everyone!

What fairy tale ending. S/S have harder choregraphy, transitiosn than S/Z. But were the rewarded for it nope. Hardly a fairy tale ending for the German team.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Go Qing and Jian!

:love:

I don't want Yuko and Alexander anywhere near the podium!

:scowl:

*evil Stare*

Last edited by a moderator:

Trewyn

Medalist
Anyone know what time MUKHORTOVA/ TRANKOV will be on? I want to wake up so I can watch the last skaters (where the medals are at :)).

ARipp42014

Medalist
What fairy tale ending. S/S have harder choregraphy, transitiosn than S/Z. But were the rewarded for it nope. Hardly a fairy tale ending for the German team.

I was talking about Shen and Zhao having a fairy tale ending!

magicalwords

On the Ice
I can't wait for LP.. even though it's only a few hours away from now..
I really hope the most deserving team wins, the one that not only goes clean but the one that truly skate with their hearts and soul.

figuristka

Medalist
Anyone know what time MUKHORTOVA/ TRANKOV will be on? I want to wake up so I can watch the last skaters (where the medals are at :)).

Trewyn i feel your pain LOL I want to watch some too and it starts at 3am for me, iam thinking i will only manage that last group , which according to the Eurovisionsport site ends at Finnish time 6:55, I could try to get up about 6am or earlier before work at 8am. Iam not a morning person but have found the coverage of any skating in Finland poor so far and no chance to watch it delayed or taped.

figuristka

Medalist
Is there anywhere that lists the start times of the groups or specific skater's? I want to not miss the last group. Thanks

ARipp42014

Medalist
Is there anywhere that lists the start times of the groups or specific skater's? I want to not miss the last group. Thanks

I know it starts at 8 but nbcolympics have yet to release skate times for everyone. I guess we'll have to wait until 7:30 to get times. Unless I find it on vancouver2010.com

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My dream podium now:

1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Shen/Zhao
3. Kavaguti/Smirnov

I would also love to see Mukhortova/Trankov have the performance of their life tonight and somehow climb into the top 5 and then hopefully they can win a medal at Worlds.

I hope we see great skating tonight! :)

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
I don't want Miki anywhere near the podium either. :laugh:
Preferably clean the ice a few times first.

I really don't care who you want or don't want on the podium.

:laugh:

And what do you mean by "Preferably clean the ice a few times first."?

:think:

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
My dream podium now:

1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Shen/Zhao
3. Kavaguti/Smirnov

I would also love to see Mukhortova/Trankov have the performance of their life tonight and somehow climb into the top 5 and then hopefully they can win a medal at Worlds.

I hope we see great skating tonight! :)

I agree. I hope that the judging is fair and that a wonderfully clean Aliona and Robin win the gold and that an also clean Shen and Zhao get silver.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, and I forgot about my fellow countrymen :p, I want Amanda and Mark to climb into 8th or 9th place if they can skate a blinder! Hopefully, Caydee and Jeremy can somehow climb into 10 place.

My top 10 dream standings would be:
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Shen/Zhao
3. Kavaguti/Smirnov
4. Pang/Tong
5. Mukhortova/Trankov
6. Langlois/Hay
7. Zhang/Zhang
8. Evora/Ladwig
9. Volosozhar/Morozov
10. Denney/Barrett

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
from Caydee & Jeremy on Facebook -
Finished our last practice and feeling good. Can't wait to hit the ice again for the long in three hours.

What NBC could have done was to show the first 3 groups on Unisport and have the last two groups on NBC. They may have thought of that but it would most likely interfere with their commercial plans.

NBC's only interest is in the Ratings to please their advertisers.

It is quite a jolt watching one Pairs Team and then switch to a speed skate and then a commerical, and return to Pairs, 45 minutes later. During that period, it was not LIVE. I wonder if the entire Pairs was time delayed.