Pairs Free Skate | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skate

Kinga

Medalist
Well, if only P/T were marked accordingly in the SP...
I would place them 1st by a small marigin..
But I like the podium any way!! :clap:

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Oh thank God that's over! So happy...... now I can relax and watch the rest of the skating in relative calm. Shen and Zhao, even with mistakes, are magnificent skaters.

kyla2

Final Flight
Pairs

The American pairs teams should be proud of how they skated. The Germans, S/Z, have some lovely qualities despite their mistakes. Graceful, flowing and elegant. Pang and Tong were wonderful and thoroughly deserved their silver medal.

Shen and Zhao are poetry in motion, just exquisite. When you realize how old they are (36 and 31) and that this is their 4th Olympics, it makes it even more amazing. Inspite of their mistakes they thoroughly deserved to be the Gold Medalists. Their flow, positions, and the way they finish each move is unparalleled. I couldn't be happier for them and their coach, Yao Bin.

Last edited:

Buzzz

Final Flight
Congratulations to China and especially to Shen & Zhao on it's first FS gold medal very well done. :thumbsup: I'm crushed for K/S. Oh well better luck next time.

christinaskater

Medalist
Congratulations Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao! The fulfillment of a dream, not just for them, but for all of us!

So well-deserved, the short program definitely helped! New world record for overall score!

Their whole body of work in terms of their career also makes them deserve this

They are simply one of the best pairs of all time if not the best in my opinion!

XUE SHEN AND HONGBO ZHAO! OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST! Whohooooooooooooooooooooooo

aurora100

Final Flight
oh thank god that's over! So happy...... Now i can relax and watch the rest of the skating in relative calm. Shen and zhao, even with mistakes, are magnificent skaters.

agree agree agree i don't care what happens for the rest of the figure skating in this olympics. Yes yes yes
rock::rock::rock::bow::bow:

BlackAxel

Final Flight
A perfect ending to a perfect couple. While there were some mistakes, overall Shen/Zhou deserved that gold medal....... **sigh** now back to schoolwork, lol.

christinaskater

Medalist
Pang and Tong deserved higher scores for their SP, i also can't understand the timing violation

But all in all! Shen and Zhao DEFINITELY deserved it