Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Pairs Free Skate

Custom Title
    P/T were thrilling, S/Z were moving, and I like the top two. And this is why minor variations in scoring hurts - if P/T had been scored closer to K/S like they should've been.... Oh well, they'll have to content themselves with the performance of the night.

SHEN AND ZHAO ARE GOLDEN!!!!! I'm crying happy tears, a dream come true. And Pang and Tong, I'm so so very happy they got to the podium, it was as I dreamed. Despite the little mishap in the lift, I think Shen and Zhao really skated as one, and they fought for it, true olympic spirit. Bin Yao must be very very proud of all his pairs.

Tripping on the Podium
    Hooray for S/Z! Finally! And congrats to P/T and S/S too

Custom Title
    Haha the medals are given by a Chinese guy; how fitting

Oh Aliona is crying.. So heartbreaking...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal View Post
    4 years ago I was glued to Goldenskate to feed me the details of the Olympic competition (including the results) because I'm in San Diego and coverage hadn't even started yet! It drove my ex husband nuts because he knew I already knew the results but he wouldn't let me tell him cuz he wanted to be surprised. I, on the other hand, HAVE to know the results as soon as they are available because then I can relax as I watch the competition and enjoy it.

Flash forward 4 years and I'm STILL glued to Goldenskate to provide me with the results because I'm STILL in San Diego and STILL waiting for the competition to start! The only thing that's changed is that I don't have to listen to my now ex husband complain about it! Now it's my daughter that doesn't understand why I have to know the results in advance!

Thanks everyone! I am ECSTATIC!!!
    No worries, we understanding exactly how you feel!

Aliona is crying.

:(

Yes! Tied for first in fantasy with 63 others! lol.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Shen/Zhao only really made two small mistakes, an awkward set down on the lift, and an iffy landing on Zhao's landing of the second 2axel (did his foot touchdown? I didn't see). They got a negative GOE on the lift, as it should be. I'd have given them a negative GOE on the 2a~2a. The PCS for the team seems about right, it's only slightly higher than P/T, and Shen/Zhao are far superior to P/T in matching each other, a consideration in multiple categories of the PCS. In fact, given the score the judges gave P/T in PCS, S/Z should've gotten an even higher PCS. As it is, S/Z lost in the LP to P/T. But S/Z's SP, which was skated with textbook perfection garnished with uninhibited emotions, deserved the scored it got (could've gotten even higher, if anything), which gave S/Z the ultimate win.

Out for drinks with Miki, Carolina, and Kira!
    Anyone know where I can watch the medal ceremony online live??

Custom Title
    Pang and Tong weren't robbed. They were in 4th going into the free skate. Yes, the skated a clean program but the quality of their overall skating, positions, and flow, wasn't comparable to Shen and Zhao. They don't finish their movements and jumps the way Shen and Zhao do either. But I agree that P and T skated beautifully compared to the rest of the field. If shen and Zhao hadn't competed they would have won gold. Shen and Zhao are the greatest pairs skaters in the history of the sport in my opinion.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Oh well, S&Z won - the gold should have gone to Pang and Tong. They had the skate of the night. They skated better and their program was more exciting to watch. Actually they did win the free skate portion. I was disappointed for the German couple. I loved their program.

Aliona should not be crying! Bronze medal in the Olympics. No shame!!

Tripping on the Podium

Good for the Chinese for breaking the Russian monopoly.

I am happy for the Chinese, I love S/Z, but think that P/T maybe deserved the gold more, their skate was electric.

I think the most beautiful skaters were the 2nd place Russian team.. they had the best lines although they did not seem to be really into the Love Story. They looked like they were performing a ballet and I think they would be better of with some kind of ballet to skate to.

And... I think that the Canadians were overmarked and I am worried what the judges are going to do now in the ice dancing.

Custom Title
    I understand what you mean, RealtorGal. When I have to watch a competition without knowing in advance what happens, I can hardly bear it. Especially with pairs, because the lifts are so dangerous, my heart's in my mouth the whole time. Tonight I almost had to run out of the room when Shen and Zhao were skating, but I knew I'd never forgive myself if I missed their program. So I stayed while the life-force drained out of me. I'm recovering now, but I'm sure Yao Bin is still having palpitations.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Yes! Tied for first in fantasy with 63 others! lol.
    I know. I'm so happy. I'm usually in the 100 to 50 rank.

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast