Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Pairs Free Skate

Tripping on the Podium
    I'm ecstatic on Shen and Zhao's win! Yes! They finally have GOLD. Happy for Pang and Tong too. That was quite a skate! Congrats to Aliona and Robin for getting bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Aliona should not be crying! Bronze medal in the Olympics. No shame!!
    Maybe it's just the release of what must have been unbelievable stress. ???

Well, I'm assuming she is crying because she knew a clean skate would have given them gold tonight.

Custom Title
    How beautiful the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) in red surge hoisting the flags.

Custom Title
    Congrats to all medalists! So happy that Pang and Tong finally had their moment. I hope Aliona and Robin don't retire. I know he is no spring chicken, but I still feel their best is yet to come. Xue and Hongbo are marvelous competitors and people. So pleased for them and Yao Bin. I can finally breathe a little, at least until tomorrow.

As for all the wuzrobbed talk about P/T, they would still have lost even with the timing violation, which they have incurred several times before. As good as P/T were in the SP, S/Z were much cleaner and more precise with all their elements executed bigger and higher and faster. Their margin after the SP was completely justifiable.

P/T's FS score was the highest they've ever gotten by a mile (and well deserved) a truly Olympian effort. Shen and Zhao are not the first and will not be the last to win an Olympics without winning the FS.

This is a wonderful moment for Chinese skating, let's not ruin it.

yay! it finally started for me!

Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    agree agree agree i don't care what happens for the rest of the figure skating in this olympics. Yes yes yes
    rock:
    ITA I exchanged all the other medals for this one, now I can watch the rest of the competition at ease!!!!

Custom Title
    Phew, now I can rewatch Pairs LP relaxed knowing how each pair performed.. totally ready to enjoy these amazing performances once again!! I just couldn't keep my eyes open when S/Z was doing throw sal..

Custom Title
    what a competition...

THIS IS THE OLYPIC

I LOVE YOU ,CHINESE COUPLES!!!!!!

Custom Title
    I'm so happy for S/Z, P/T, S/S, and most of all, Bin Yao (who just cracked a small smile :D).

Congratulations to all!

Still teary eyed from watching the medal ceremony! So much love and pride. I do feel bad for Ali and Robin but tonite shouldn't take away everything they have done in the past couple of years. They (along with Ingo) should be proud of themselves.

Interesting fact: Torino's 3rd, 4th, and 6th place finishers went into Vancouver as one of the highest ranked skaters from the last games. In the end, they went 1, 2, and 3!

Oh and sorry to gloat but... RUSSIAN SHUTOUT!!!!

Now let's hope the happy mojo continues tomorrow. Dreams really do come true!
    Last edited by ARipp42014; 02-16-2010 at 12:19 AM. Reason: forgot to bring up the Zhangs who finished 2nd in Torino

Custom Title
    Double congrats to the Chinese!! And of course to Bin; having the gold and silver medalists must be a total dream. Wonder what his next wave of skaters will be like? Anyone have any info on that?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Well, I'm assuming she is crying because she knew a clean skate would have given them gold tonight.
    Yes, being a gold medal favourite is an extremely difficult situation to be in. I do hope Aliona and Robin stay on, though. If S/Z can win a medal in their 30s, I'm sure Aliona and Robin can.....

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    I am so happy for P/T and S/Z. I am sooo upset that I didn't get to see them though. My feed works fine during speed skating, luge, etc., but will never fail to die on me when it's figure skating. Oh well, at least I got to see the victory ceremony. Finally, P/T have gotten an olympic medal. They deserved bronze four years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by magicalwords View Post
    Phew, now I can rewatch Pairs LP relaxed knowing how each pair performed.. totally ready to enjoy these amazing performances once again!! I just couldn't keep my eyes open when S/Z was doing throw sal..
    Oh my... glad I'm not the only one that does that.

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast