Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pairs Free Skate

Fourth Place Medal's preview for tonite's LP: http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/van...urn=oly,219789

Is there anywhere that lists the start times of the groups or specific skater's? I want to not miss the last group. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Is there anywhere that lists the start times of the groups or specific skater's? I want to not miss the last group. Thanks
    vancouver2010.com had it for teh SP, not sure if they have it for the long.

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    I know it starts at 8 but nbcolympics have yet to release skate times for everyone. I guess we'll have to wait until 7:30 to get times. Unless I find it on vancouver2010.com

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    My dream podium now:

1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
    2. Shen/Zhao
    3. Kavaguti/Smirnov

I would also love to see Mukhortova/Trankov have the performance of their life tonight and somehow climb into the top 5 and then hopefully they can win a medal at Worlds.

I hope we see great skating tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I don't want Miki anywhere near the podium either.
    Preferably clean the ice a few times first.
    I really don't care who you want or don't want on the podium.

And what do you mean by "Preferably clean the ice a few times first."?

Last edited by MikiAndoFan#1; 02-15-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    My dream podium now:

1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
    2. Shen/Zhao
    3. Kavaguti/Smirnov

I would also love to see Mukhortova/Trankov have the performance of their life tonight and somehow climb into the top 5 and then hopefully they can win a medal at Worlds.

I hope we see great skating tonight!
    I agree. I hope that the judging is fair and that a wonderfully clean Aliona and Robin win the gold and that an also clean Shen and Zhao get silver.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Oh, and I forgot about my fellow countrymen , I want Amanda and Mark to climb into 8th or 9th place if they can skate a blinder! Hopefully, Caydee and Jeremy can somehow climb into 10 place.

My top 10 dream standings would be:
    1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
    2. Shen/Zhao
    3. Kavaguti/Smirnov
    4. Pang/Tong
    5. Mukhortova/Trankov
    6. Langlois/Hay
    7. Zhang/Zhang
    8. Evora/Ladwig
    9. Volosozhar/Morozov
    10. Denney/Barrett
    Last edited by museksk8r; 02-15-2010 at 05:12 PM.

from Caydee & Jeremy on Facebook -
    Finished our last practice and feeling good. Can't wait to hit the ice again for the long in three hours.

What NBC could have done was to show the first 3 groups on Unisport and have the last two groups on NBC. They may have thought of that but it would most likely interfere with their commercial plans.

NBC's only interest is in the Ratings to please their advertisers.

It is quite a jolt watching one Pairs Team and then switch to a speed skate and then a commerical, and return to Pairs, 45 minutes later. During that period, it was not LIVE. I wonder if the entire Pairs was time delayed.

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    All Euros can watch Eurovision, saw the whole thing on last night, through BBC, no interruptions by other sports!

My dream top 3 would be

Shen/Zhao
    Kavaguti/Smirnov
    Savchenko/Szolkowy

because I just don't like S/S but realistically they'll switch with K/S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    um, duh? not sure what else they're supposed to do. NBC is giving fair amount of time to all sports. considering torino was not the best for their ratings I'm not sure I can fault them for cutting back in their coverage at all. how are they supposed to come out even (much less with a profit) if they ignore their contracts with sponsors and the sports organizers just so a very small demographic of their overall viewership will stop whining that we aren't getting enough coverage?

and universal sports is not on everyone's package plan, so chacking the US teams on the main station would not be a good idea. you're lucky you get universal sports, a lot of members on this board don't.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    What NBC could have done was to show the first 3 groups on Unisport and have the last two groups on NBC. They may have thought of that but it would most likely interfere with their commercial plans.

It is quite a jolt watching one Pairs Team and then switch to a speed skate and then a commerical, and return to Pairs, 45 minutes later. During that period, it was not LIVE. I wonder if the entire Pairs was time delayed.
    Depends where you are watching. If you are in central or eastern time, then it should have been live, but out here on the west coast everything is 3 hour delay. Which is silly because if they are going to delay it anyway, they might as well edit the program so we get to see all the skating at once, all the skiing at once etc. The way it was made it very difficult to watch and I could not try to watch something else because I was always "checking" to see if the pairs were back yet.

Custom Title
    Denney and Barrett were on a maybe 1 1/2 minute max time delay because of, I suspect, a commercial or two running over time. But the last 7 skaters were live, as were Shen/Zhao. I don't remember if the group of three (B/L, E/L, L/H) were live or not. If they weren't, it would have again been a VERY slight delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Depends where you are watching. If you are in central or eastern time, then it should have been live, but out here on the west coast everything is 3 hour delay. Which is silly because if they are going to delay it anyway, they might as well edit the program so we get to see all the skating at once, all the skiing at once etc. The way it was made it very difficult to watch and I could not try to watch something else because I was always "checking" to see if the pairs were back yet.
    there's not enough time for the stuff on the East coast to be done and editted before they hit primetime on the west coast, for one.

and it doesn't make it feel as "in the moment" that way, either.. I enjoy watching the other sports in between. It's a tiny bit annoying, but it's still fun (Moguls rule)

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast