Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Pairs Free Skate

I am thrilled with the podium! Pang and Tong were under marked in the SP, and were brilliant in the free skate. Even though Shen & Zhao weren't perfect in the free skate, they were still lovely to watch (and I'm so glad their dream to win gold was realized). I am very glad that Aliona & Robin were on the podium too.

I am so proud of Amanda & Mark & Caydee & Jeremy!

Custom Title
    Congratulations for PANG/TONG
    and i really hope that they have a great life afterwords in their skating career and their PRIVATE LIFE.

On the Ice
    thanks for the links. i hope someone also uploads the fluff on bin yao. was it done by nbc?

Custom Title
    One thing I really loved about P/T's free skate was that right from the start they were putting everything into their performance, skating the whole thing like it was the last 10 seconds after a clean skate (you know how skaters do...) and to me that just made the whole program even more 'wow' and added to the whole effect. So happy for them.

Custom Title
    Just finished watching the Eurosport coverage, it was dissapointing to say the least. At lot of switching back to the speeding (problems with the ice, the ISU chief was not impressed) so I ended missing a lot of the couples - No M/T, D/D/ V/M. E/L, D/B, B/L. But from what I did see it was not the best quality competition, it seems to be the trend in pairs now to have excellent short programmes followed by less than excellent long programmes. Can not believe how high the scores were, never seen so many couples over 100 but so few of them deserving it.

I think P/T were robbed, undermarked in the short by 2/3 points and should have been further ahead of S/Z in the long. Their long was spectacular, passion, emotion, powerfull music that build to a big finish, the crowd reaction at teh end. I am glad they got a medal, seeing as they were robbed in Torino. They are my favourite of Chinese pairs. S/Z had probably their poorest performance of the year (but still much better than most), it was their overstated lead from the short that pulled them home.

S/S after being the dominat pair this last four years come up short in the biggest competition of their careers. I am disappointed for them, but Out of Africa is not their best programme, maybe having to go back and come back with a new programme mid season done them no favours. Very dissapointed for K/S. They looked very nervous before they were announced, even Moskvina seemed edgy but they were not on form and the judges really hammered them on TES. Dissapointed for M/T, was hoping they would come back strong, I wonder if they will stick around till Sochi?

I also seen the first group of skaters, and there was some nice skating admittely not the technichal level of the top teams but enjoyable none the less. I liked the Polish couple

Custom Title
    what a wonderful competition!!

Congrats to all the medalists,,,,

Hope to see P/T and S/S in the worlds next month

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru View Post
    is there somewhere where I can watch the video of the medal ceremony?
    just had the same question. Any links anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by euroskate View Post
    just had the same question. Any links anyone?
    MEDAL CEREMONY:
    http://www.56.com/u81/v_NDk1ODIyNjI.html

It's in Chinese.

The rest of S/Z are on page 34, last post.
    Last edited by aftertherain; 02-16-2010 at 07:37 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    Pang/Tong's FS
    hosted on a chinese website. Oh! the wonders of babelfish :D

the quality isn't brilliant but until IOC stops blocking vids on youtube...*shakes fist*

now all i need to do is find the rest of them!
    Try the torrent sites, I don't want to list them here, but if you can wait a day or so, most of this stuff shows up. UNFORTUNATELY, it is the US coverage so far which I don't want.

Note to the paris next year: Please please pick better music. Lordy, I'm falling asleep. So many programs are sooooo slow. My goodness, these slow piano sonatas...groan.
    Also, in my opinion BOTH American pairs were underscored. No, they are not top five, but I would have had them 6th and 9th.

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Finally saw it!

Though technically P/T were better on the night there is something magic with S/Z. Their presentation, choreography, the feeling they managed to pass on to me was something special. I agree with the ES commentators in the sense that they liked it more as well, regardless of the mistakes.

Great skating for P/T, completely deserving of the highest mark of the night. Was insanely happy to see the two up there!

Very disappointed by the conduct of S/S during the medal ceremony. While I understand disappointment, and they blew it themselves, it was very awkward to see the Chinese waving in the end after the anthem and them standing there very crushed and sullen. Suck it up, you got third and again as the ES guys said, considering everything that is it for them at the moment.

Anyway, loved, loved the LPs, great night.

Custom Title
    Savchenko has been too arrogant lately... She thought they would get a gold, I was sure they were not going to coz at the moment Chinese are way better and consistent... at the Europeans she said in an interview that they were certain to get a gold even in case of falling... Come on! That's a good lesson for her! Such behaviour reminds me of Federer crying, instead of crowd supporting the winner we always get evrb calming Roger... its' like what? SORRY TO WIN?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    MEDAL CEREMONY:
    http://www.56.com/u81/v_NDk1ODIyNjI.html

It's in Chinese.

The rest of S/Z are on page 34, last post.
    thanks, but unfortunately this link isn´t working for me :(

Both American Teams were splendid!!! They skated their best and more. Evora/Ladwiq had a nice 'dance-on-ice' program which I am all for and landed in top 10. Denny/Barrett proved they belong in the mix. As one commentor put it: Shen/Zhou have been a Pairs Team for 18 years, and Denny/Barrett have been a Team for18 months, Depending on who decides to go to Worlds, both American Teams should move up in the Rankings and maybe, just maybe claim 3 US Teams for next season.

Most other teams hit the demons on sxs Triples.

btw, For a brief moment on camera after the event was over, Moscvina looked as though she was laying the law down on poor Kavaguti. Any ideas what was said. He made as many mistakes as she did.
    Last edited by Joesitz; 02-16-2010 at 08:17 AM.

After missing the short programs as it was in the early morning, and finding they showed nothing but S/Z on Finnish tv i decided to get up at least for the last group for the free. Meant to get up in time for D/D but at least i got to watch the final group. Iam so glad i did as its so hard to miss. I think the judging of this group seemed quite fair. The top russian's were quite disappointing, though ive never thought they were as good as the top 3. S/Z are my favourites and were very good though i think P/T had the skate of the night, you know the skate that had the magic. S/S were good too,but placed where they deserved. They should be happy with bronze its quite any achievement. Though somehow they did not look happy to me on the podium.Iam glad S/Z finally got that gold. Cannot wait for the men's short though will have to miss some as unfortunately Plushenko and Lambiel skate early on.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I feel immensely sad for Savchenko/Szolkowy. Their LP is far superior IMO to all the other competitors' LPs, but unfortunately, they didn't skate it to the best of their ability and they needed to in this field. Still, an Olympic bronze is an achievement many great skaters don't have and they should be happy with their effort. Even with flaws, seeing their Out of Africa LP is a huge treat to me . . . their most beautiful program EVER and the most beautiful program of the night to me.

Pang/Tong were seriously "on", more so than I've ever seen them, and they deserved to win the LP. I am so happy for them! Olympic silver medalists! Their LP was my 2nd favorite of the night.

Shen/Zhao overcame the pressure and despite the 1 scary lift, they proved their worth as Olympic champions! Zhao really fought for that 2nd 2Axel! Their SP clinched them the gold! Olympic champions, at last, and a beautiful close to their eligible career! I'm very pleased for them! My 3rd favorite LP of the night.

The medal podium was right I think!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 02-16-2010 at 08:45 AM.

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast