Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Pairs Free Skate

It's been perhaps four years since I watched the pairs last time!

I liked the German pair very much. They were most polished and their jumps and spins looked very good. I also liked the overall chores and the program. It was beautiful and had a very nice story.

I am sorry that the Russian pairs had mistakes. The music started nicely and towards the end a bit questionable. The performance was joyful except for the falls. Did Yuko get injured a bit when she fell?
    There was one part where the man almost stopped on the ice while doing the lift. There also was one spin that was slow. But other than these and the missed jumps, their performance looked very nice. The dancing part and arms and stretch were nice, but not as polished as the German's. I think that they have a lot of growth potential and will medal at the next time!

Re the Chinese pair that came in 5th, the speed and spins were not so good. The choreos and presentation did not seem very polished.

Congrats to all the meadlists!

Custom Title
    Just saw the free of S/Z!! Yes, they did sort of a botched lift...but covered it well... It didn't disrupt the flow...and they were clearly ahead of the other Chinese in terms of choreography, interpretation, and musicality. Even with those slight mistakes, they deserved to win. I liked P/T but there's something about Pang that's a bit robotic and stiff... Tong is much more of a musical skater... I have no problem with their winning the long, but am glad that S/Z kept their first position in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by gracefulswan View Post
    Just saw the free of S/Z!! Yes, they did sort of a botched lift...but covered it well... It didn't disrupt the flow...and they were clearly ahead of the other Chinese in terms of choreography, interpretation, and musicality. Even with those slight mistakes, they deserved to win. I liked P/T but there's something about Pang that's a bit robotic and stiff... Tong is much more of a musical skater... I have no problem with their winning the long, but am glad that S/Z kept their first position in the end.
    That's an opinion which I do not agree with.

Pang and Tong were not robotic but fully dancing the Impossible Dream. I think you missed the essence of that program.

Custom Title
    I agree. Pang and Tong, unlike Shen & Zhao, were not reserved! They put everything into that program with joy and did not hold back anything. Even with their short program deficit I thought they should have been marked 4 or more points higher in the freeskate. Also, as much as I'm moved by S/Z's story, its about what you put on the ice not the background story...and its not like they need the gold medals, they're already rock stars. Pang and Tong finally came out of their compatriots shadows in a big way but I don't think they were done justice in the scores/podium. (And they were undermarked in the SP, even with the time deduction).

Custom Title
    Sorry about that.... but I watched them perform, and I was not as impressed as you were Joe, apparently. But they did skate the best they ever did overall. Again, speaking from someone who "got" the essence of many performances, I must have missed it somehow....but maybe after a few more reruns... or not.

I just learned that Yuko is 28! OMG, she looks like 15 perhaps because of her baby face and the skinny body (38kg, 157cm). I hope that she could continue and remain competitive until 32. Would it be possible? I see ice dancers in their 30s, but not many ladies, men, or pairs in their 30s. But there are numerous olympians in their 30s in other sports that may be physically even more demanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I just learned that Yuko is 28! OMG, she looks like 15 perhaps because of her baby face and the skinny body (38kg, 157cm). I hope that she could continue and remain competitive until 32. Would it be possible? I see ice dancers in their 30s, but not many ladies, men, or pairs in their 30s. But there are numerous olympians in their 30s in other sports that may be physically even more demanding.
    Well look at the ages of Shen and Zhao

piano18 thanks for the link to the russian tv, i just clicked on it when reading and it just so happened that they must have been repeating pairs and i got to see D/D before the final group after all.

my DVD player ate my recording of the event! ACK! I didn't get to watch the final flight! anyone wanna burn me a copy of theirs and send it to me? please? *begs*

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Well look at the ages of Shen and Zhao
    Sorry may I ask how old they are? Really unfamiliar with pairs lately.

Custom Title
    I hope she stays in until 2014 as well. I love this pairs team and think there is a lot more skating in them. This was a learning experience and hopefully next time she will not be so tentative. I hope S/S stays in as well because I believe they too has more to contribute to this sport.

Sorry may I ask how old they are? Really unfamiliar with pairs lately.
    She's 31 and he's 36.

Custom Title
    I believe Shen is 31 and Zhao is 36.

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    my DVD player ate my recording of the event! ACK! I didn't get to watch the final flight! anyone wanna burn me a copy of theirs and send it to me? please? *begs*
    Just download the thing from a torrent. I got an entire SP event that way. LPs are not up yet but they will be soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru View Post
    She's 31 and he's 36.
    Wow! Thanks!

could you PM where to download the torrent? thanks!!!

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast