Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Thread: Pairs Free Skate

Custom Title
    I think K/S should've gone for the quad... I think they opted to do a triple salchow, but if they were hoping to win a quad would've been a beneficial factor towards achieving that goal. I think Kavaguti's timing was way off for the triple, she overrotated it quite a bit. I think she was prepared for the quad.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Where is 'home' for her now?

Custom Title
    In K/S's case, I admire her courage but nerver like this pair, and definitely don't agree that they belong to the top 3 at all. Very cheesy and superfacial, from the second their names are anounced, and don't even mention the ripping and heart exposure. All I can remember them are her legs and arms everywhere, now plus pop back her shoulder, poor girl. She has very good flexibility, yes for sure, but come on, don't overuse it. Flexibility usually would add beauty to the performance, think about Arakawa's spiral and Iner Beaul (?) , but very often not so in K/S's case. She has good jumps. She really should have done the throw quad sal. That would have been something to remember with. Last minute change of plan proved to be a bad idea. They could have done better, not placement, but performance. They should not be placed 4th here.

I like S/S's Out of Africa a lot. Very beautiful. But have they ever skated it clean? I guess S/S get used to getting huge scores with two or more big mistakes and still win in the past seasons. They still got huge score this time, but thank goodness P/T skated clean and wonderfully. Otherwise I could not imaging what would happen. I read from a source that the medal presenter was switched from a German official to an offical with Chinese heritage after P/T secured the Gold for China. But Savchencho at least came to the sense later that she felt lucky to have got the Bronze, I applaud for her for realising that. S/S will be a great pair if they can improve their consistency. And I wish them good luck in the World.

I think the judges did a great job with S/Z and P/T, P/T won the LP but S/Z skated good enough to win the Gold. I'm happy for both of them. Both very deserved, not by their stories, but by their performances in both SP and LP.

I feel a bit pity for Z/Z. They did very well in the olympics and IMO should have been placed at least before K/S and much closer to S/S if not... But I don't blame the judges for this, Z/Z had not been doing well until four continents. The impression could have been therestill. But I did see the fire is back to the girl and they skated fairly well this time.

D/D, what can I say. They need that 3sal to be there and they didn't deliver. Wish them good luck in the World.
    For L/H, the second Canadian pair, I felt they were a bit robbed in the SP, but come on, go work on a triple twist! It's a shame doing a double twist as a top ten in the olympics. She's so tiny and he's so tall, how come they couldn't work it out, the three revolutions? they must have about 40cm difference in height.

I love the two ameriaca pairs and the french pair! Wish them all good luck in the World!

M/T has beautiful lines and great speed. But I don't think Love story is a good choice and the choreography does not fit the pace of the music. I look forward to seeing them to improve in the next cycle. It was sweet to see M comforting him in the K&C.

Love the young Russian team! They are so beautiful to watch and I'm sure they have great future ahead of them.
    Last edited by hongligl; 02-18-2010 at 03:37 PM.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I think that may have been a bit of a miscalculation on L/H's part , but please,.. lighten up ..

They do a triple twist , but the catch isn't always pretty. Maybe at world's.They've not had a lot of training time this year. With all the mentions of D/D' s terrible accident a couple of years ago, there's been almost no mention of the fact that with the terrible fracture Annabelle had, they missed almost all of last year's training .I don't know how many pieces of hardware are holding her leg together. It was touch and go if she'd even be ready for Canadian championships.She's a champion in my book.

Snarkiness is pretty unwarranted.
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 02-18-2010 at 01:27 PM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Actually US announcers talked a lot about that. They said she had (all? some?) the hardware removed.

Custom Title
    wow, I didn't know that Annabella had that bad an injury. Sorry for that. But she's been around for so many years, and I just wonder how difficult it is to master the 3Tw, so many younger pairs do it beautifully. D/D finally leaned how to do it. It much be a Canadian thing, so many top Canadial pairs settled with 2Tw.

Rinkside
    Agree with hongligl's whole post.

I never liked Yoko Kavaguti's skating, but I kind of feel for her now, poor girl, it looks like they are pointing at her now, saying"Yoko, you have failed Moskvina and the Russia tradition"!!

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Quote Originally Posted by hongligl View Post
    wow, I didn't know that Annabella had that bad an injury. Sorry for that. But she's been around for so many years, and I just wonder how difficult it is to master the 3Tw, so many younger pairs do it beautifully. D/D finally leaned how to do it. It much be a Canadian thing, so many top Canadial pairs settled with 2Tw.
    Anabelle & Cody were doing the triple twist before she got injured so badly and IIRC, she was also doing the triple twist with Patrice Archetto (her former partner) so it's not like she hasn't done it at all. I don't blame Anabelle or Cody for being a little cautious with it once they came back to competing this year. It took them a while to get that twist consistant in the first place and then they couldn't really practice it while she was off the ice so it probably wasn't worth the risk to do it here. They had also been away from competing for a year and needed to get their competitive legs back under them again. I think if they want to, they can probably work on it more this month and have the 3twist ready for at least one of their programs at the World championships. They skated pretty well in Vancouver for being away from competition for so long and I'm very happy for them.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38