Pairs Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skate

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
Interesting...the guy on the Russian feed I was watching just referred to Yuka as Yuka Kawaguchi not Kavaguti

If he pronounced it that way, yes, that's exactly why Yuko changed the spelling of her name, that is, to have her name pronounced in Russian as it would be in Japanese (or as you pronounce "Kawaguchi" in English... In Russian, you pronounce Vs as you do Ws in English, and Ts as you would CHs).

jcoates

Medalist
Very proud of our US pairs. We'll definitely have at least one in the top ten. Good showing. Hopefully we can build on this for the future.

Moxie

On the Ice
WTG E&L!

Also, I am such a dork. I just realized D&B have the exact same short and free music as Evan Lysacek.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
If he pronounced it that way, yes, that's exactly why Yuko changed the spelling of her name, that is, to have her name pronounced in Russian as it would be in Japanese (or as you pronounce "Kawaguchi" in English... In Russian, you pronounce Vs as you do Ws in English, and Ts as you would CHs).

Interesting. I didn't know that. I just assumed it was the Russian spelling and not pronounciation. Thanks!

ARipp42014

Medalist
WTG E&L!

Also, I am such a dork. I just realized D&B have the exact same short and free music as Evan Lysacek.

Intersting fun fact! But at least they didn't wear black for both the SP and LP!

OT: At least while I wait to get the feed back for Tatz and Stans, I get to watch the medal ceremony for the Men's Moguls!

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
ugh. live feeds keep on switching to other sports.

anyone have a good link to watch this in the US (preferably in english, but any will do)?

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Next pair ... thankfully they don't look like short track speedskaters tonight ... but, he's really having problems with the jumps, he seems very heavy on his feet.