The Alpine Skiing Thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The Alpine Skiing Thread

ARipp42014

Medalist
Usually, when an athlete gets all that hype, I lose interest, but in this case, very delighted her and for Julie, too.

Now the big decision: Who is the most beautiful American Athlete, Lindsey or Tanith?

Well Lindsey's married so I guess we'll settle with Tanith!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Congrats Lindsey you did it!! Wow Julie with the Silver. Great skiing from the US ladies.

I agree and what a thrill to see our girls win Gold and Silver in the Downhill. :rock:

I think I held my breath until Lindsey crossed the finish line. :yes:
Congratulations Lindsey and Julie. :love:

Gosh I love the Downhill!

ARipp42014

Medalist
Super Combined is on and Lindsey is leading with only a few skiiers left. Slalom is on later today!

1) Lindsey
2) Maria Reisch
3) Julie the Princess

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Super Combined is on and Lindsey is leading with only a few skiiers left. Slalom is on later today!

1) Lindsey
2) Maria Reisch
3) Julie the Princess

She's leading by just 0.33 seconds. Lindsey said her shins are really hurting her badly and doesn't think she can hold off Reisch who is propbably the best female slalom skier in the world. Slalom will take it's toll on Lindsey's shin. I hope her shin will get better for the Supre G and Giant Slalom.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Well Lindsey didn't finish in slalom. :( Princess Julie got another silver while Maria Reisch won the gold. Guess it's Lindsey 1, Maria 1 with a few races to go.

viv

On the Ice
Congrats to Andrea Fischbach for winning the Super-G!

:clap:

Austrian Alpine Gold Medal - finally. I am in Austria at the moment, and you can't imagine what a drama the media here made about the "failure" of the Austrian Alpine Skiers up to now. The Alpine Skiers as well as the Ski Jumpers do get so much pressure here - it must be very, very hard to deliver under these circumstances.

Wicked

Final Flight
I really want to see Lindsey Vonn and Maria Reisch on the same Olympic podium. I think they'd enjoy it so much and it would be fun to watch.

viv

On the Ice
Yesterday Eurosport had an interview with Julia Mancuso, and - as I normally don't care much for Alpine Skiing - it was the first time I realized what a nice woman she is. I always thought the "princess"-thing a bit cheesy, but in the interview she explained that the little crown was given to her by her coach who wanted to express to her that "she can be a princess any time". She said she wears it whenever she is on a podium because her coach should be there with her, and the crown is a symbol he is. I thought this is so sweet... :)