OMG I love Yukina Ota | Golden Skate

OMG I love Yukina Ota

shine

Record Breaker
I love Yukina Ota. Saw both her LP and SP for this year. OMG. Every single move. OMG. I love her soooooooooooo much.

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
shine said:
I love Yukina Ota. Saw both her LP and SP for this year. OMG. Every single move. OMG. I love her soooooooooooo much.

Oh, c'mon, Shine. Tell us how you REALLY feel! :D

shine said:

Shine - I have been saying that since last year's Junior Worlds and the only one who spoke up about her was Nancy Kerrigan. Miss Ota, in my opinion, will be special with or without gold.

Joe

shine

Record Breaker
Well Joe, I've been saying that since last year's Jpn Nationals. But now having seen her from SC, the love is deeper than ever. :love:

Lavender, there are many Yukina Ota clips floating around on Rinkside. It's a file sharing program and you can download it from here: http://www.rinkside.org

Last edited:

Taan

On the Ice
i'm not quite on the yukina ota bandwagon yet....i love her spirals, extension, artisrty and style but i dont like her low weak cheated jumps ....if she gets some more "power" in her skating she will be fab

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
shine said:
Geez am I not allowed to have a moment occasionally? :mad:

OF COURSE! You can have MANY moments! Actually, I thought your gushing was sweet! (That's why I had the GRINNING icon!):love:

qoo

Rinkside
Another Yukina thread... I can't help posting!
I love her too. She's such a beautiful skater.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Now I have to see this girl! I've heard such praise for her. How old is she? If she is young, perhaps she'll have plenty of time to work on her jump technique. After all, Tara's jumps were so tiny in the beginning. Some may say they were still small even in Nagano, but the improvement from 95 to 98 was extremely impressive. Is her jumping technique reminiscent of Tara? Flutz and all? Or are they just small?

shine

Record Breaker
I wouldn't call her jumps "small". In fact, sometimes they are high and beautifully rotated in the air. But yes, she does have slow landings most of the time, the kind of landing that makes a second triple jump in combination impossible. The only jump I see her regurlarly underrotate is the loop. She doesn't really flutz, but neither is it the truest lutz. The strange thing is...she looks like she's lipping and fluzting at the same time...

Last edited:
Ota has one of the most beautiful long neck, open sloping shoulders on a strong back and those kind of naturally flowing ballet arms you have to be born with I've ever seen on a skater or dancer. I only saw her LP at Jr. Worlds last year and since I have dial-up, downloading video clips is just too frustrating. BUT I'm going to keep the link in case SC doesn't show her. I wasn't ready to fall head-over-heels in love with Yukina based on that one skate, but she sure is a beautiful mover and just plain beauty. If she can put it all or even most of it together, WOWEE!

And Shine, I'm with Rgal on this (surprise, sometimes we do disagree, lol). It's just so darn sweet when you fall in love with a skater. It's like we can feel your heart bursting through cyberspace. There's a commercial where the guy is with his girlfriend in Venice and in the middle of the Piazza San Marco he yells out, "I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!" That's what your "OMG! I LOVE THIS SKATER!" posts remind me of--well, the one other one I remember for Susanna Poykio. It's such unabashed emotion. Love it!
Rgirl

rGirl - A famous actor before she became famous fell in love with John Foster Dulles. Do you remember? (I was 10 when I fell in love with Linda Darnell.):love:

Joe

Joe,
Great question. I remember Linda Darnell but only as a major beauty. Don't remember much about her films. I'm afraid you're a few years ahead of me. All I know about Dulles is that he was Secretary of State, has the DC airport named after him, was "Time's" Man of the Year in 1954 (two years before I was born), and that his birthday is the day after mine, lol. I could take a wild guess and say Liz Taylor was in love with Dulles only because she's been in love with everybody, except you said it was before she was famous. Besides, Dulles seemed to be hot during Liz's years with Mike Todd, which tragically went straight into Eddie Fisher, and then slam-bam into Richard Burton. So don't know. But I bet 4DogKnight knows:)
Rgirl