Plushenko's agent didn't like it in Canada | Golden Skate

Plushenko's agent didn't like it in Canada

I'm pretty sure Mr. Zakarian will get over it. Incidents like that are bound to happen, with the increased emphasis on security world-wide these days. Some of the Russian contingent were hassled by U.S. security people at Worlds last year, too (I hope inadvertently.)

The thing about playing Plushenko's music at too low a volume was a worse gaffe, in my opinion. This happens a lot, at professional shows especially (only then it is usually too loud). It would seem like the professional sound people employed by the arenas would have that down by now.

Mathman

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
That's strange. Most skaters love competing here especially in Skate Canada. It's too bad, their experience was not the greatest. Usually Canadian skating competitions are top notch. Who knows? Let's hope they give us another chance!

bleuchick

On the Ice
Now that AY is gone pro, Canada must now turn to EP. :D

Ari - one day it will happen. One day....

SkateNow

Match Penalty
windspirit said:
He's going to have a surgery for his knee next summer...

But WHEN OH WHEN is he going to have surgery for his NOSE and HAIR???

Somebody call an ambulence becuase the boy needs an emergency makeover STAT!!

Z

Zhenya's Girl

Re: Re: Plushenko's agent didn't like it in Canada

SkateNow said:

How on Earth can you pick on Evgeni about such trivial things at a time like this???!!! :mad:

Cynthia Marie

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
SkateNow-
Instead of commenting on skaters looks why don't you try commenting on their skating:rolleye:

FrozenHeart

Rinkside
Re: Re: Plushenko's agent didn't like it in Canada

SkateNow said:

Oh boy, why do so many of you refer to Evgeni only by stating his big nose? Maybe it´s something in his skating, or something missing in his skating, which makes his looks such a point of discussion? Yags isn´t a natural beauty as well, but I never heard any complaints about that. :laugh:

Evgeny's aristocratic, aquiline nose is his most distinguished feature. Together with his hair style, he looks like an eagle soaring above the ice. Let's hear it for noses!

Mathman

euterpe

Medalist
I have grown to like his nose. It seemed a lot bigger when he was younger, but his face has caught up with it. The hair is OK, too--it suits him.

Timshenko, on the other hand, looks like his mother puts a bowl on his head, then cuts the hair that hangs out from under it.

windspirit

On the Ice
SkateNow said:
Why? A nose like that is a great device for smelling out shallow people, isn't it? It can also be used in many different ways, trust me. ;) :laugh: Anyway, I'm glad there are still some people who haven't sucumbed to an average person's ideal of beauty. Go Evgeni!

Last edited:

Kasey

Medalist
The surgery on his nose and hair...not really a kind statement! I personally think he's got nice features, and is a very decent looking young man, although I'm not a huge fan of the pseudo-mullet. But I am hoping that the surgery he DOES get (the knee) works out well for him.

Kasey