Men's Short Program.. Tuesday 16th, 7:15PM EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program.. Tuesday 16th, 7:15PM EST

Eevun

Final Flight
If there are any Johnny Weir and LOST fans on these boards, will you become my new best friend? I can't manage to find anyone who loves both as much as I do. I don't know why but hearing both Stephen Colbert and Damon Lindelof mention Johnny makes my nerves for tonight so much calmer.

New York and New Jersey love you Johnny, heck the whole world loves you Johnny!!! :love:

GO JOHNNY GO!!! :clap:

Is Johnny and Heroes OK? ;)

I've given up on trying to take a nap, way too nervous! I'm just mucking about the net, waiting for the time to pass!
Same here. Just finished work. Came home to a Olympic home. Watching ladies boardercross right now. American Jackobellies is out from the semi final! O_O She was supposed to win! Darn! Go Norway then!
An hour left... Time to prepare. Watch some programs at YouTube, boil some coffe, taking out the chocolate and the candy. This will be a long and thrilling night!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks a lot guys, I was all calm and now I'm nervous too. Last night I was nervous after Pang & Tong's skate and I thought why do I do this to myself????

Alatariel

On the Ice
Is Johnny and Heroes OK? ;)

An hour left... Time to prepare. Watch some programs at YouTube, boil some coffe, taking out the chocolate and the candy. This will be a long and thrilling night!

You are channelling me! I've got my chocs already laid out next to me, as well as my coffee :laugh:

Thanks a lot guys, I was all calm and now I'm nervous too. Last night I was nervous after Pang & Tong's skate and I thought why do I do this to myself????

@Dee - because we are all secretly masochists? Welcome to the nervous club!

Eevun

Final Flight
You are channelling me! I've got my chocs already laid out next to me, as well as my coffee :laugh:

@Dee - because we are all secretly masochists? Welcome to the nervous club!
Yes! I've got big birds in my stomage, not butterflies. Dad's watcing curling, but I can't sit still. I just want it to start!! 52 min left... Mum went to bed but I promised to wake her up when Plushy and Adrian are skating. Her comment om Plashy skating in group 2 was: "So he is to take out the thrill in this competion so early?" LOL

Alatariel

On the Ice
Yes! I've got big birds in my stomage, not butterflies. Dad's watcing curling, but I can't sit still. I just want it to start!! 52 min left... Mum went to bed but I promised to wake her up when Plushy and Adrian are skating. Her comment om Plashy skating in group 2 was: "So he is to take out the thrill in this competion so early?" LOL

LOL so has mine, though she told me not to wake her up for it as she simply can't watch :laugh: so I'm to wake her up after it's all finished and inform her of the results!

I've given up on watching anything else. Luge is on ES, I have a feeling they'll miss quite a bit of men's SP for it, good thing I can watch online!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Less than one hour now. Wish all men to skate well :thumbsup: I am mostly nervous for the skaters being nervous and stumble, fall or don't do their best. It is so EXCITING! How can people be excited about curling???

Until IT starts, watch this adorable image of Jeremy and his coach. Go JEREMY!

ARipp42014

Medalist
Just finished watching the first half, with special guests Jamie and David. Just some quick highlights:
-Jamie is not taking back what she said about Plushenko
-David hopes the judges mark him fair but also shouldn't be afraid to give him a 4 on transitions
-both hopes that Stephane keeps it together mentally because they see he's too hard on himself during practices
-compared Jeremy to Patrick and loves his SP (which we all know is choreographed by Shae Lynn Bourne, who's Canadian)
-thinks that the only way Johnny will be in the final flight if everyone makes a mistake, David also adds that Johnny needs to focus on his skating and not on off the ice drama
-both likes Evan's work ethic

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Plushenko would've still won every competition he was in this year if the judges gave his transitions the low marks they deserve. So, even fair judging shouldn't keep Plushenko from winning gold.

katymay

Medalist
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but can anyone direct me to a link for complete live viewing in the USA?

Much as I love to watch skiing, speed-skating, and snowboarding (well, sort of) I would rather see the skaters not deemed significant by NBC - Florent, Javier, Adrian, et al.

We are geoblocked from all the good coverage. Now, go back to the Men's short thread, and lots of wonderful posters have posted links. Some work, most don't. (for those of us unlucky enough to be in the USA). Last night I was able to use Russia channel 2 for a while, but then it switched to hockey. But I appreciate everyone who has posted links-thank you!
Tonight ought to be a barn burner...and i hope to see my personal undervalued fav-Contesti.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Plushenko would've still won every competition he was in this year if the judges gave his transitions the low marks they deserve. So, even fair judging shouldn't keep Plushenko from winning gold.

Well every competition he was in this year he did not have this level of competition. Cup of Russia there was 1 maybe two guys who could even come close to challanging him, he did not do the GPF, Nationals was a Lovefest and besides the other guys did not skate that great. Maybe one or two did, but here there are like 5 guys who could outskate him IMO if everything is fair. The judges keep reminding Joubert that quads are not everything, why don't they send that same reminder to Plushy?

Alatariel

On the Ice
Could we please, pretty please, at least see their, all of theirs, programs first and then talk about the scores?! :disapp:

futureidol

On the Ice
Just finished watching the first half, with special guests Jamie and David. Just some quick highlights:
-Jamie is not taking back what she said about Plushenko
-David hopes the judges mark him fair but also shouldn't be afraid to give him a 4 on transitions
-both hopes that Stephane keeps it together mentally because they see he's too hard on himself during practices
-compared Jeremy to Patrick and loves his SP (which we all know is choreographed by Shae Lynn Bourne, who's Canadian)
-thinks that the only way Johnny will be in the final flight if everyone makes a mistake, David also adds that Johnny needs to focus on his skating and not on off the ice drama
-both likes Evan's work ethic

Jamie and David are being really unprofessional. Any mention of Johnny was followed by a pregnant pause and laugher. Screw them.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Last minute predictions:

Plushenko
Verner-10
Dai-11
Abbott-13
Lambiel-13
Evan-15
Joubert-16
Wier-17

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
All I have to say is I'm glad I can give my full attention to watching whatever NBC decideds to show tonight. Trying to watch the Pairs Short while studying for Quantum Chem and the Free Skate while studying for Organic Chem 2 resulted in me getting distracted. So, yay for no tests tomorrow and being able to watch. Here's to hoping everyone has a amazing and clean skate and gets scored accordingly!

Edit: I'm sort of surprised I'm so excited for the men. Remembering to 4 years ago when I knew practically nothing about skating and was bored by them. Now I find it all so exciting.

Last edited:

ARipp42014

Medalist
Final picks from US Crew...
Terry: Plushy
Kristi: Evan
Peter: Plushy

Btw Evan's #1 fan Nastia was also guest on the show!

My Final Flight picks will be:
1) Plushy
2) Evan
3) Baboo
4) Jeremy
5) Stephane
6) Daisuke

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Jamie and David are being really unprofessional. Any mention of Johnny was followed by a pregnant pause and laugher. Screw them.

Right ON!! I've got my daughter's fur boa thingy, some Dove Dark Chocolate, a pot of coffee going, sending some esp love and luck to Johnny! GO USA!