Men's Short Program.. Tuesday 16th, 7:15PM EST | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program.. Tuesday 16th, 7:15PM EST

SamuraiKike

Medalist
OHh the most nail biting day of the olympics is almost here!!! Almost anyone in the last 3 flights could end up winning the event or out of the top 10!!:eek:

Here's the Starting Order :

Warm-Up Group 1
1 RI Song Chol PRK

2 KOVALEVSKI Anton UKR

3 URBAS Gregor SLO

4 AMODIO Florent FRA

5 PFEIFER Viktor AUT

Warm-Up Group 2
6 RAKIMGALIEV Abzal KAZ

7 DOMANSKI Przemyslaw POL

8 NURMENKARI Ari-Pekka FIN

9 CHIPEUR Vaughn CAN

10 PLUSHENKO Evgeni RUS

Warm-Up Group 3
11 BACCHINI Paolo ITA

12 KELEMEN Zoltan ROU

13 BORODULIN Artem RUS

14 LINDEMANN Stefan GER

15 FERNANDEZ Javier ESP

Warm-Up Group 4
16 TEN Denis KAZ

17 TAKAHASHI Daisuke JPN

18 SCHULTHEISS Adrian SWE

19 LAMBIEL Stephane SUI

20 ODA Nobunari JPN

Warm-Up Group 5
21 JOUBERT Brian FRA

22 KOZUKA Takahiko JPN

23 CONTESTI Samuel ITA

24 CHAN Patrick CAN

25 WEIR Johnny USA

Warm-Up Group 6
26 van der PERREN Kevin BEL

27 VERNER Tomas CZE

28 LYSACEK Evan USA

29 ABBOTT Jeremy USA

30 BREZINA Michal CZE

GO Nobu, Go Brian, Go Stephane.... I think that's my dream podium, but Ill be happy with whover three that skates the best..

Eevun

Final Flight
Less than 9 hrs left, can't wait!! I'll be up all night watching this (starts 1.15AM GMT+1), but it's so worth it!

Go STEFAN, go ADRIAN, go BRIAN, go JOHNNY!!

Last edited:

Alatariel

On the Ice
Me too, I shudder to think what time it'll be when it ends, not to mention I fell asleep half way through last night but I don't care if I have to use toothpicks to keep my eyes open, I am so watching all of it!

schiele

Final Flight
Start time for halfway

By any chance, any kind soul here knows and would want to tell me at what time Group 4 or 5 starts??I simply cannot find out so I have no clue when to wake up (and start another cruel work day oh so inapprorpiately early..) :cry::cry:

Eevun

Final Flight
Me too, I shudder to think what time it'll be when it ends, not to mention I fell asleep half way through last night but I don't care if I have to use toothpicks to keep my eyes open, I am so watching all of it!

I thought of the same thing before LOL Maybe we should help eachother to be awake ;)

Alatariel

On the Ice
I thought of the same thing before LOL Maybe we should help eachother to be awake ;)

I am going to need help that's for sure so it's not a bad idea at all! :biggrin: Chatting at least makes me focus! I think the board may crash again like last night lol

@schiele - take a look at Eurosport schedules - they had an approximate time for the last group last night so maybe they'll have one again later today?

Eevun

Final Flight
By any chance, any kind soul here knows and would want to tell me at what time Group 4 or 5 starts??I simply cannot find out so I have no clue when to wake up (and start another cruel work day oh so inapprorpiately early..) :cry::cry:

Maybe around 4 o'clock? (you're GMT +1 as well, right?) It's just a rough guess :/ I can call and wake you up :D

seniorita

Record Breaker
all i ve got (it is vancouver time)
Group 2
#6-8
17:22 Chipeur CAN #9
17:28 Plushenko RUS #10

Resurface
Group 3 #11-15

Group 4
18:37 Ten KAZ #16 (9:37 pm Eastern time)
18:44 Takahashi JPN #17
18:50 Schultheiss SWE #18
18:57 Lambiel SUI #19
19:03 Oda JPN #20

Resurface
19:25 Group 5 Warm-up start time (10:25 pm Eastern time)
19:32 Joubert FRA #21
19:39 Kozuka JPN #22
19:45 Contesti ITA #23
19:52 Chan CAN #24
19:58 Weir USA #25

20:05 Group 6 Warm-up start time (11:05 pm Eastern time)
20:12 van der Perren BEL #26
20:19 Verner CZE #27
20:25 Lysacek USA #28
20:32 Abbott USA #29
20:38 Brezina CZE #30

Eevun

Final Flight
Finish around 6 in morning here in Europe then. Wednesday will be a lovely day :biggrin: thanks seniorita

schiele

Final Flight
Thanks all.. By the looks of it, another dreadful day awaits me then. Hope it'll be worth it. But I won't cheer in order not to jinx anything..

TCAngel18

Medalist
are you sure Johnny pulled a good spot Tonichelle? he skates after superchan!!...im not so sure...then again, he can feed off a crowd, especially with that sexy program, so maybe having the crowds energy at its max is the best thing for him....i just hope he doesnt feel pressure...i so want him to get a bronze...im not gonna lie, my favorite skater is Jeremy Abbott, and i want him to get gold sooooooo badddddd, so he can come to mass and sweep me off my feet, lol...but Johnny can pull it off when needed, i mean he was predicted not to make the GPF and did, and was predicted to finish last and won Bronze, so anything is possible when it comes to him, especially if he hits a quad in the LP, because apparently his practices have been going brilliantly...so we'll see!!

Dream Podium:
Gold:Jeremy Abbott
Silver:Stephane Lambiel
Bronze:Johnny Weir

ARipp42014

Medalist
I'll probably start watching when Florent skates. Then a break before watching Vaughn and Plushy. Then will go non-stop from Javi on (even though I'll be heading to work during the final flight).

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but can anyone direct me to a link for complete live viewing in the USA?

Much as I love to watch skiing, speed-skating, and snowboarding (well, sort of) I would rather see the skaters not deemed significant by NBC - Florent, Javier, Adrian, et al.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but can anyone direct me to a link for complete live viewing in the USA?

Much as I love to watch skiing, speed-skating, and snowboarding (well, sort of) I would rather see the skaters not deemed significant by NBC - Florent, Javier, Adrian, et al.

I'm sure atdhe.net will have a link or 2 that will have the Men's Short. I was watching the BBC and Eurosport feed last nite for the Pairs Free.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Let's go guys!!! I want to see lots of strong short programs like in the pairs. Expecting Plushy to come out fierce.

Wicked

Final Flight
ARipp42014, what an adorable picture of Johnny and Tanith! (Johnith?) I'm so nervous for him already!