Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1592

Thread: Men's Short Program.. Tuesday 16th, 7:15PM EST

  1. #46
    Go Team Abbott snowflake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,550
    Less than one hour now. Wish all men to skate well I am mostly nervous for the skaters being nervous and stumble, fall or don't do their best. It is so EXCITING! How can people be excited about curling???

    Until IT starts, watch this adorable image of Jeremy and his coach. Go JEREMY!

  2. #47
    Comeback Queen! ARipp42014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,492
    Just finished watching the first half, with special guests Jamie and David. Just some quick highlights:
    -Jamie is not taking back what she said about Plushenko
    -David hopes the judges mark him fair but also shouldn't be afraid to give him a 4 on transitions
    -both hopes that Stephane keeps it together mentally because they see he's too hard on himself during practices
    -compared Jeremy to Patrick and loves his SP (which we all know is choreographed by Shae Lynn Bourne, who's Canadian)
    -thinks that the only way Johnny will be in the final flight if everyone makes a mistake, David also adds that Johnny needs to focus on his skating and not on off the ice drama
    -both likes Evan's work ethic

  3. #48
    Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    646
    Plushenko would've still won every competition he was in this year if the judges gave his transitions the low marks they deserve. So, even fair judging shouldn't keep Plushenko from winning gold.

  4. #49
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but can anyone direct me to a link for complete live viewing in the USA?

    Much as I love to watch skiing, speed-skating, and snowboarding (well, sort of) I would rather see the skaters not deemed significant by NBC - Florent, Javier, Adrian, et al.
    We are geoblocked from all the good coverage. Now, go back to the Men's short thread, and lots of wonderful posters have posted links. Some work, most don't. (for those of us unlucky enough to be in the USA). Last night I was able to use Russia channel 2 for a while, but then it switched to hockey. But I appreciate everyone who has posted links-thank you!
    Tonight ought to be a barn burner...and i hope to see my personal undervalued fav-Contesti.

  5. #50
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,990
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    Plushenko would've still won every competition he was in this year if the judges gave his transitions the low marks they deserve. So, even fair judging shouldn't keep Plushenko from winning gold.
    Well every competition he was in this year he did not have this level of competition. Cup of Russia there was 1 maybe two guys who could even come close to challanging him, he did not do the GPF, Nationals was a Lovefest and besides the other guys did not skate that great. Maybe one or two did, but here there are like 5 guys who could outskate him IMO if everything is fair. The judges keep reminding Joubert that quads are not everything, why don't they send that same reminder to Plushy?

  6. #51
    Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    392
    Could we please, pretty please, at least see their, all of theirs, programs first and then talk about the scores?!

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    253
    How long would the Men's SP take? 3 hours? More?

  8. #53
    Obviously obsessed Eevun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tibro, Sweden
    Posts
    592
    Let's hope Brian doesn't look like this the day after tomorrow...

  9. #54
    I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Just finished watching the first half, with special guests Jamie and David. Just some quick highlights:
    -Jamie is not taking back what she said about Plushenko
    -David hopes the judges mark him fair but also shouldn't be afraid to give him a 4 on transitions
    -both hopes that Stephane keeps it together mentally because they see he's too hard on himself during practices
    -compared Jeremy to Patrick and loves his SP (which we all know is choreographed by Shae Lynn Bourne, who's Canadian)
    -thinks that the only way Johnny will be in the final flight if everyone makes a mistake, David also adds that Johnny needs to focus on his skating and not on off the ice drama
    -both likes Evan's work ethic
    Jamie and David are being really unprofessional. Any mention of Johnny was followed by a pregnant pause and laugher. Screw them.

  10. #55
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,990
    Last minute predictions:

    Plushenko
    Verner-10
    Dai-11
    Abbott-13
    Lambiel-13
    Evan-15
    Joubert-16
    Wier-17

  11. #56
    Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Chemistry Building
    Posts
    1,495
    All I have to say is I'm glad I can give my full attention to watching whatever NBC decideds to show tonight. Trying to watch the Pairs Short while studying for Quantum Chem and the Free Skate while studying for Organic Chem 2 resulted in me getting distracted. So, yay for no tests tomorrow and being able to watch. Here's to hoping everyone has a amazing and clean skate and gets scored accordingly!

    Edit: I'm sort of surprised I'm so excited for the men. Remembering to 4 years ago when I knew practically nothing about skating and was bored by them. Now I find it all so exciting.
    Last edited by Chemistry66; 02-16-2010 at 06:55 PM.

  12. #57
    Obviously obsessed Eevun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tibro, Sweden
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    How long would the Men's SP take? 3 hours? More?
    almost 4. 3 h 45 min I think.

  13. #58
    Comeback Queen! ARipp42014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,492
    Final picks from US Crew...
    Terry: Plushy
    Kristi: Evan
    Peter: Plushy

    Btw Evan's #1 fan Nastia was also guest on the show!

    My Final Flight picks will be:
    1) Plushy
    2) Evan
    3) Baboo
    4) Jeremy
    5) Stephane
    6) Daisuke

  14. #59
    Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by futureidol View Post
    Jamie and David are being really unprofessional. Any mention of Johnny was followed by a pregnant pause and laugher. Screw them.
    Right ON!! I've got my daughter's fur boa thingy, some Dove Dark Chocolate, a pot of coffee going, sending some esp love and luck to Johnny! GO USA!

  15. #60
    Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by futureidol View Post
    Jamie and David are being really unprofessional. Any mention of Johnny was followed by a pregnant pause and laugher. Screw them.
    Here's Johnny's response to that:

    http://whatimg.com/images/00963267499831028505.gif

Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •