Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Curling Thread

The Curling Thread

Okay...For starters, Norway needs to have some sort of a penalty given to them for those pants!! Yi yi yi!!! I'm amazed anyone can hear anything in that arena, they're that loud.

GO KEVIN AND THE BOYS!!!!

Oh my, the pants. Not even gonna go there. LOL

I hope the Canadians will do great but I just can't watch curling because it seems to go on forever. If each match was only 3 ends or even 5 ends, I think I could enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Okay...For starters, Norway needs to have some sort of a penalty given to them for those pants!!
    If you are not a medal contender......do whatever to be noticed Very golfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama View Post
    I just can't watch curling because it seems to go on forever. If each match was only 3 ends or even 5 ends, I think I could enjoy it.
    That's my problem with curling too. Too many matches (10 teams meat each other) and a match has no stop if it is even. Like tennis and snooker, it could go on foreveeeeer. (often biting figure skating )

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    LOL so it was Norway wearing those hideous pants!!! USA plays them later today, they lost their first match against Germany. There's one guy on the German team who is a total fox... oh his name is Andreas Lang. Sorry but it's rare to see hotties in curling.

Oh no it's not. I've seen several over the last couple of years. There's one team here in Canada that made the Trials, but didn't do that well during them, that has some very cute guys on it.

They're not that common, but they're there.

Who's repsesenting USA in Men's? I've likely heard, but have forgotten.

I think the major upset today came with the brits losing to Sweden. The british team is very experienced and one of the favourites, while the swedish are 24 year olds and an 18 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    I think the major upset today came with the brits losing to Sweden. The british team is very experienced and one of the favourites, while the swedish are 24 year olds and an 18 year old...
    WHAT!?!

Now that I'd hadn't heard and w/David Murdoch being the defending World Champion and also ripping up the Grand Prix circuit this Fall...Wow!! That is a stunner!!

So we have our semi-finalists:

Women: Sweden, China, Canada and Switzerland
    Men: Canada, Norway, Switzerland, with Sweden and Great Britain having a rematch for the last spot. Booyaahh!!!

Custom Title
    I'm really impressed by Bernard, I hope she wins it all. The same for Martin. Both deserve this since they already won the most difficult competition: the Canadian Olympics trial. You win that, you are King or Queen of the world.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Oh no it's not. I've seen several over the last couple of years. There's one team here in Canada that made the Trials, but didn't do that well during them, that has some very cute guys on it.

They're not that common, but they're there.
    The Swedes are hot, so is Murdoch from GB.

John Morris is also an eye candy AND he's a fireman.

The Brier is filled with nice looking guys, but not in a Johny Weir kind of way.

Well, both me and my Dad are stunned that David Murdoch and the boys from Scotland are not going to be playing for a medal!!

That is just so...so....so...HUGE!!! I mean, this is the Defending World Champion we're talking about here.

Still can't believe the young guns from Sweden pulled it off!!

Custom Title
    That was an almost choke for Sweden.

Medalist
    we are screwed if we play China for gold lol

Custom Title
    It looks like it will be at least 2 silvers for Canada. Sweden in the finals for the ladies, Martin just stole 2 back to back 2 points 6-1 in the 7th end. Canada needs those gold medals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast