The Curling Thread | Golden Skate

The Curling Thread

Tigger

Final Flight
Okay...For starters, Norway needs to have some sort of a penalty given to them for those pants!! Yi yi yi!!! I'm amazed anyone can hear anything in that arena, they're that loud.

GO KEVIN AND THE BOYS!!!!

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Oh my, the pants. Not even gonna go there. LOL

I hope the Canadians will do great but I just can't watch curling because it seems to go on forever. If each match was only 3 ends or even 5 ends, I think I could enjoy it.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I just can't watch curling because it seems to go on forever. If each match was only 3 ends or even 5 ends, I think I could enjoy it.

That's my problem with curling too. Too many matches (10 teams meat each other) and a match has no stop if it is even. Like tennis and snooker, it could go on foreveeeeer. (often biting figure skating :mad: )

futureidol

On the Ice
LOL so it was Norway wearing those hideous pants!!! USA plays them later today, they lost their first match against Germany. There's one guy on the German team who is a total fox... oh his name is Andreas Lang. Sorry but it's rare to see hotties in curling.

Tigger

Final Flight
Oh no it's not. I've seen several over the last couple of years. There's one team here in Canada that made the Trials, but didn't do that well during them, that has some very cute guys on it. :)

They're not that common, but they're there.

Who's repsesenting USA in Men's? I've likely heard, but have forgotten.

beep_beep

Medalist
I think the major upset today came with the brits losing to Sweden. The british team is very experienced and one of the favourites, while the swedish are 24 year olds and an 18 year old...

Tigger

Final Flight
I think the major upset today came with the brits losing to Sweden. The british team is very experienced and one of the favourites, while the swedish are 24 year olds and an 18 year old...

WHAT!?!

Now that I'd hadn't heard and w/David Murdoch being the defending World Champion and also ripping up the Grand Prix circuit this Fall...Wow!! That is a stunner!!

beep_beep

Medalist
So we have our semi-finalists:

Women: Sweden, China, Canada and Switzerland
Men: Canada, Norway, Switzerland, with Sweden and Great Britain having a rematch for the last spot. Booyaahh!!!

BigJohn

On the Ice
I'm really impressed by Bernard, I hope she wins it all. The same for Martin. Both deserve this since they already won the most difficult competition: the Canadian Olympics trial. You win that, you are King or Queen of the world.

BigJohn

On the Ice
Oh no it's not. I've seen several over the last couple of years. There's one team here in Canada that made the Trials, but didn't do that well during them, that has some very cute guys on it. :)

They're not that common, but they're there.

The Swedes are hot, so is Murdoch from GB.

John Morris is also an eye candy AND he's a fireman.

The Brier is filled with nice looking guys, but not in a Johny Weir kind of way.

Tigger

Final Flight
Well, both me and my Dad are stunned that David Murdoch and the boys from Scotland are not going to be playing for a medal!!

That is just so...so....so...HUGE!!! I mean, this is the Defending World Champion we're talking about here.

Still can't believe the young guns from Sweden pulled it off!!

BigJohn

On the Ice
It looks like it will be at least 2 silvers for Canada. Sweden in the finals for the ladies, Martin just stole 2 back to back 2 points 6-1 in the 7th end. Canada needs those gold medals.

seniorita

Record Breaker
the thing I m watching now Nor vs Sui, this is the curling??
and why they have uniforms like pyjamas?

BigJohn

On the Ice
the thing I m watching now Nor vs Sui, this is the curling??
and why they have uniforms like pyjamas?

That's curling indeed, if you take time to figure out the game, you'll see it's great.

Most teams are not as flamboyant as Norway. They wanted to stick out, they succeeded. I like the all black outfit of the Canadian women. So Lysacek.

beep_beep

Medalist
Wow. The women's final between Canada and Sweden was fantastic!!! Both teams making awsome plays, a really even match throughout.
Both capitains had one really bad mistake, but Canada's timing was worse: it happened on the 10th end, and allowed Sweden to score 2 points and take it to an 11th end.

And Sweden won!! :agree:
How do I join the Anette Norberg fanclub? :biggrin:

OT: Norway's choice of pants is questionable, at best, but their capitain is some eye candy...

beep_beep

Medalist
Curling absolutelly rocks.

but this loss hurts.

Altough I was cheering for Sweden, that last stone on the 10th end made my heart stop. Cheryl Bernard of all people... they had the gold in their hands, and to let it go like that. Heartbreaking.