Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where would you rank S/Z among the best pair skaters of all time?

Custom Title
    no --but in top 20 -why different requirements for different era's. .

Rinkside
    For me, they are defenitely in the top three. They have superb technique and they skate with passion and heart!

Shoe Diva
    For me, S/Z are the greatest of all time. I've enjoyed watching their development over years - going from tricks r us to true artists on the ice. The personal connection they bring to the ice and being apart of building the China System means that their long-term contribution can't even be determined just yet is awesome for someone imagining the future of the Chinese program.

Other teams, espcially Gordeeva/Grinkov, are great in their own right - but these two are truly special.

Oh, I would defiitely not have them as the best pair ever. I wanted them to win this Olympics, for sure, but they've been 'beatable' at all oLympics, including this one where, if P/T had a stronger SP, Z/S would ahve lost.

My pick is Gordeeva & Grinkov. They changed pairs skating making it more expressive. As parteners they clearly interacted with one another emotionally. For me, G & G were perfection on ice.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama View Post
    Oh, I would defiitely not have them as the best pair ever. I wanted them to win this Olympics, for sure, but they've been 'beatable' at all oLympics, including this one where, if P/T had a stronger SP, Z/S would ahve lost.

My pick is Gordeeva & Grinkov. They changed pairs skating making it more expressive. As parteners they clearly interacted with one another emotionally. For me, G & G were perfection on ice.
    If? I'm sorry

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    For me, S/Z are the greatest of all time. I've enjoyed watching their development over years - going from tricks r us to true artists on the ice. The personal connection they bring to the ice and being apart of building the China System means that their long-term contribution can't even be determined just yet is awesome for someone imagining the future of the Chinese program.

Other teams, espcially Gordeeva/Grinkov, are great in their own right - but these two are truly special.
    agree,here is my rank

1, SZ GG

2 BS

3 MD

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    1. G/G
    2. M/D
    3. B/S
    4. S/S
    5. S/Z
    6. P/T

They're all great skaters!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 02-20-2010 at 10:05 AM.

I'll make my list after 2031 when I am sure all the acrobatic lifts will have been presented and the faux romantic sxs skating is just ordinary acting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2