Thread: Interesting Layman's Concept of Figure Skating from Watching Pairs

Interesting Layman's Concept of Figure Skating from Watching Pairs

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...964423,00.html

It's a good read about a father's view about figure skating. His 3 year old kid seemed to like it, but will the father become an ardent fan? He does give us, the ardent fans allocades for learning that scoring system.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Cute story. We've been preaching to the wrong potential converts. It turns out a little child shall lead them...

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Very cute, I agree...but did you notice the"10 Worst skating Costumes of All Time " feature on the same page ?.. Trouble is, there have been S0-0-0-0 many , some of my favourites were overlooked.Helped ease the tension for tonight , though.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Reminds me of the first time I ever saw Figure Skating. I fell in love right away. It's inconceivable to me how anyone could ever consider it a "sissy sport". I'm both heartened and dismayed that it took the author his 3-year-old son's interest in it to take a closer look and appreciate the skaters. Better now than never, though.

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    It is a very funny article, it does relate to how most people watch it really and it's nice to see a new fan. I think men's tonight will cement that love lol

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Very cute, I agree...but did you notice the"10 Worst skating Costumes of All Time " feature on the same page ?.. Trouble is, there have been S0-0-0-0 many , some of my favourites were overlooked.Helped ease the tension for tonight , though.
    Taxi collides with a cow