Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: The Brian Joubert Good Vibes thread: From the Ashes a Hero Shall Rise

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    He is too sensitive for this sport.
    Male figure skaters are in general more sensitive than the guys in other sports. I think sensitivity is an essential character for a good figure skater. And that in turn is actually the source of their charming.

I just think that Brian didn't have a strong team around him. He needs unconditional love, care, and nurture, like Tarasova to Yagudin. Now he trusts nobody except his mother.

Well, if my good wishes could help him tonight, I will send him tens of thousands of times good wishes. Be strong, Brian! It's not the end of the world. You have your youth, your good health, your love of the sport, your fans all around the world. Tomorrow is another day. Nothing to lose. Go for it tonight!!!!!

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    Male figure skaters are in general more sensitive than the guys in other sports. I think sensitivity is an essential character for a good figure skater. And that in turn is actually the source of their charming.

I just think that Brian didn't have a strong team around him. He needs unconditional love, care, and nurture, like Tarasova to Yagudin. Now he trusts nobody except his mother.

Well, if my good wishes could help him tonight, I will send him tens of thousands of times good wishes. Be strong, Brian! It's not the end of the world. You have your youth, your good health, your love of the sport, your fans all around the world. Tomorrow is another day. Nothing to lose. Go for it tonight!!!!!
    Wow, this thread started to really live up it to its title and the deserved appreciation for Brian..
    Im so afraid to jinx further, I cannot properly cheer so Ill continue to keep a low profile..

Rinkside
    ALLEZ BRIAN!
    It's gonna be your day today. No matter what other people think, I believe you're going to get a medal. Maybe I'm crazy but I will believe till the very end.

I refuse to believe all of this bad news, or that Brian is considering withdrawing or even giving up worlds (I have got my money on him winning the world title next month to redeem himself-I am calling it right now. Besides the French Federation has three spots already so everyone INCLUDING Brian will be accomedated. So there is no need for him to do that.) I have never known Brian to give up, in the face of bad times. So why would he give up now? He can only go up, and he wil he just needs TO BELIEVE IN HIMSELF!!! and he will succeed. I truly believe that he will rise to the occasion and get a medal tonight, the signs all point to it, the draw for the long program, others have had this dream, it WILL happen!!!! I have been playing Le Marselle all day long!!!!!

Brian is not the type of person to give up, so I have no idea where those articles are coming from that he would even consider withdrawing or not going to worlds, that is probably just French media BS.

VIVE LE BRIAN JOUBERT BELIEVE!!!!!

I dont think its about giving up, I think he feels ashamed he didnt live up to the expectations of his country and now if he is sent to worlds, ppl will think he is being given gifts despite his failure. WHich is total BS considering how consistent the other French guys are.
    Btw, I just read Joubert didnt have a good practice today, his success rate with axels and quads were about half n half. I hope this does not confirm my suspicion that he is langiushing in self doubt and bringing himself down.. I want ot be proven right that I am indeed a pessimist..

^
    Yes, exactly. Even with his performance on Tuesday, he is still much more consistent than all the other guys he's thinking of ceding his spot to at Worlds.
    I still can't get over how Didier publicly slammed him like that, esp. right before the LP.

Custom Title
    GO BRIAN WE LOVE YOU!! KICK SOME A** TONIGHT AND SHOW PLUSHENKO WHO'S BOSS!

No matter what the outcome, we still love you and everything you have done for this sport . Don't let things get you down, try again

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    ^
    Yes, exactly. Even with his performance on Tuesday, he is still much more consistent than all the other guys he's thinking of ceding his spot to at Worlds.
    I still can't get over how Didier publicly slammed him like that, esp. right before the LP.
    hE DID NOT! he did???? what did he say?????

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Oh my Lord. I just looked it up and read the comments. Unbelievable. I've never found myself rooting harder for Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Oh my Lord. I just looked it up and read the comments. Unbelievable. I've never found myself rooting harder for Brian.
    He did some damage control recently but still doesnt make up for the crap he put out..
    http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/depec...dat_brian.html

On the Ice
    i'm sad that my first post on gs would have to be about brian joubert's disastrous short program. he's my sentimental favorite and i hope he goes all out (and possibly medal - unlikely though).

at this point, though, he has nothing to lose and no more pressure. hell probably go all out ad perform the show of his life. i'm looking forward to it~

Custom Title
    Brian, why?? First Verner, which I kind of expected, then Jeremy who did ok but def not great, and now Brian is underwhelming again. What is wrong? I'm crying and just threw up, I hope the rest of the men do well! Olympic ice definitely is slippery. Please don't quit Brian

Well, Im gonna use the disgusting I said so phrase.. I think this is a burn outm nothing less. Cried myself as well..

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    NBC failed to show Brian Joubert's LP in the USA. I have not yet seen it, but I'm very sad to see from the scores and protocol sheet that he didn't do well. I hope some day he will be able to make peace with his Olympic experiences.

Custom Title
    I'm not the biggest fan of Joubert and never was, but I have to say it broke my heart to see him in this competition. And how on earth can the federation accuse hime of not working hard enough?
    http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic..._284348Dl.html
    I would think to make it to this level you'd have to put down so much time and effort, it's really hard to believe someone would say he hasn't worked hard enough...

All my respect to all the skaters who made it to this level.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6