The Brian Joubert Good Vibes thread: From the Ashes a Hero Shall Rise | Golden Skate

The Brian Joubert Good Vibes thread: From the Ashes a Hero Shall Rise

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Calling all Brian Joubert fans and supporters, things look kind of bad right now YET I do not see a reason to shed a tear, and or resolve our hero to a fate of gloom or tragedy. I see a glimmer of hope, and a sign that Brian WILL rise to the occasion and triumph. I am so confident, I am going to call it: Brian will stand on the podium here in Vancouver. There I said it. Shema Yisrael Hear Thee O'Israel and let it be true.

The signs, that hint that Brian WILL rise to the occasion, first when he ended his program, he swore NOT cried swore. That tells me that he is angry and do guys do when they are angry: fight back!!!! He does not feel sorry for himself, all he wants to do is make this right, and come back out on top. No tears, no regret, just a look of sheer determination as he walked out of the Kiss and Cry, that he will fix this and make it right. I am not kidding rewind the NBC footage watch as they follow him out of the K&C, the look in his eyes. He has not given up the fight.

The draw for the LP: VERY MUCH IN BRIAN'S FAVOR!!! Despite placing....low......He is going to skate in the in the last groups of the night, this is a very favorable draw. If he goes out there and skates the long program of his life, which I think he is totally capable and BELIEVE in him doing, then by skating later in the evening, the judges, are more likely to not hold back with his score and reward it justly, and favorably.

Also, I have seen skaters come back from greater deficits to win events and stand on the podium, if they can do it, then Brian can have the mother of all comebacks and win it!!!

If I am to be granted one wish for these Winter Games, then I want a miracle, I want Brian Joubert to stand on the Olympic Podium with a medal around his neck.

Lotta

On the Ice
I don't understand French but I caught him saying "putain" which means the F word in English or something other swear word. He's mad. He saw the scores but I'm also hoping he does well in the free even though he's not in medal contention.

If I have one wish, it's to rewind time and have Brian have the short and free skates of his life beating Plushy and Lysacek. :)

schiele

Final Flight
What did he exactly say in K&C? Does anyone know?
Nice sentiments C, but I don't think it's a question of fighting or not, cos I never thought he didn't or wouldn't fight. Brian's problem, as has always been, is dealing with and managing his own expectations if not just pressure. Now he must feel he needs to prove himself to the world hence I doubt the pressure is off, it's actually still on, very much so. I really hope I am proven wrong but I just can't see it.. :cry::cry:
Sorry for putting bad vibes in your well-meant thread. Just expressing my frustration..

magicalwords

On the Ice
Tomorrow, I hope Brian performs a program that he won't be disappointed in for the rest of his life. A program he would be proud of skating for the rest of his life. I want him to break away from all the expectations and pressure and just skate and have fun. Brian will rise. He has done it before. He certainly can do it this time.

I'm imagining that he would probably be having a hard time dealing with his crushed expectations. But what's done is done. Short program for 2010 Vancouver Olympics is already over. What's not over is, Long program for 2010 Vancouver Olympics. The overall result for Men's figure skating for 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Anybody can make history.

Allez Brian!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I hope that with the pressure off, he'll skate an amazing LP Thursday night - that will be a huge moral victory for him. At least he's not in the first group.

I found this bit (google translated) reassuring:
Q: Can you address this failure?
A: ...it is the free program to do. And there is no question that I end my career on a down note like that.

Allez Brian!!!!

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I agree. i doubt he can win a medal, but as he has nothing to loose he can do the most quady, crazy performance, the one he's been dreaming of all of his life!

Dyan

On the Ice
Even before his injury Brian had been having a bit of an off season, problems with inconsistency. It's a shame because despite the fact that he isn't considered one of the great artistic skaters (who I usually favor) I've always enjoyed his skating.

They may not end up on the medal podium but my wish is that Brian, Stephane and Johnny all have the skates of their lives Thursday night. No matter where these three end up I want them to feel happy with how they end the games and happy with their freeskates.

I had to edit as I forgot about poor Jeremy Abbott. He looked as if he needed a hug after his SP. I hope he does well in the LP also.

Last edited:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
"The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well."
--The Olympic Creed

Forget about the medal, Brian. Just blow us all away with your free skate tomorrow because if this turns out to be your last competition, we'll have something (else) great and grand to remember you by. :)

Just give it your best and no one will say you gave up trying.

And this is coming from a non-fan. ;)

Medusa

Record Breaker
"C'est très dur. Ce qui est dur, c'est de savoir que j'étais prêt pour cette compétition. Je ne fais pas une seule erreur aux entraînements. Et j'arrive dans le programme, j'en fais deux. Ce qui est dur, c'est de savoir que j'ai tout perdu",

Oh Brian.... From here.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Go Jouby!!! I really think he will skate for his fun, for his fans and will blow the roof with Lp, as I had said in Euros the music is too powerful, if he sells it I see a standing ovation. I see standing ovation anyway for him, I know fs fans know what to do for a champion like this and the crowd there has been amazing!!!
and (((girls)))

jennyszy

Rinkside
This is my firts thread. He said on French TV just after the c&c that the olympics weren't for him, that he may of put too much pressure over the years.
They were hard in 2002 (even though he had no expactations) worse in 2006 and now...
He did seem quite composed... probably didn t really realise what had hit him...
he didin t say anything about the long

I have been following him over the years as am swiss, and everytime he failed to perform a good program, he would say "my sole objective are the olympics"...he sais that comping up to 2006 and the same for 2010....
too much pressure... think step by step!!!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel really bad for Brian, Jeremy, Tomas, and Samuel! They were all capable of so much better than they performed. Here's hoping they skate brilliantly in the LP and have a performance to smile about at these Games. They're all still wonderful skaters! :):love:

Kikigirl

Rinkside
I've been a fan of Brian's for years. While I am heartbroken over what happened last night, I hope he will fight and have a great LP on Thursday. Allez Brian!!!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
This is my firts thread. He said on French TV just after the c&c that the olympics weren't for him, that he may of put too much pressure over the years.
They were hard in 2002 (even though he had no expactations) worse in 2006 and now...
He did seem quite composed... probably didn t really realise what had hit him...
he didin t say anything about the long

I have been following him over the years as am swiss, and everytime he failed to perform a good program, he would say "my sole objective are the olympics"...he sais that comping up to 2006 and the same for 2010....
too much pressure... think step by step!!!
Welcome Jenny, I hope to see more posts from you & about happier things, too... :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
I m gonna die to sleep again. Greek tv has never done rebroadcast all week, yet there is rebroadcast of men again today. But i cant go through this again!

lavender

Record Breaker
Poor Joubert. He probably feels like the games are just not for him. I feel sad for him and I'm not even a fan. I just hope they all skate up to their ability and clean.

I also feel so sad for Tomas, Jeremy and so many others.

Hikaru

Final Flight
Tomorrow, I hope Brian performs a program that he won't be disappointed in for the rest of his life. A program he would be proud of skating for the rest of his life. I want him to break away from all the expectations and pressure and just skate and have fun. Brian will rise. He has done it before. He certainly can do it this time.

I'm imagining that he would probably be having a hard time dealing with his crushed expectations. But what's done is done. Short program for 2010 Vancouver Olympics is already over. What's not over is, Long program for 2010 Vancouver Olympics. The overall result for Men's figure skating for 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Anybody can make history.

Allez Brian!

YES! I wish Brian the best. Forget about the short program, forget about skating for medals. He just needs to take a deep breath and skate as good as he (and we) know he can do, so he can be proud as he leaves the rink, so that he doesn't step out with regrets. That's all I want for him: one great program he can be proud of. ALLEZ BRIAN!!

Wicked

Final Flight
Brian, just skate this long the way it was meant to be skated. And don't think about it. This from a non-fan who wants to see everyone skate their best at the Olympics.