Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Brian Joubert Good Vibes thread: From the Ashes a Hero Shall Rise

Quote Originally Posted by jennyszy View Post
    This is my firts thread. He said on French TV just after the c&c that the olympics weren't for him, that he may of put too much pressure over the years.
    They were hard in 2002 (even though he had no expactations) worse in 2006 and now...
    He did seem quite composed... probably didn t really realise what had hit him...
    he didin t say anything about the long

I have been following him over the years as am swiss, and everytime he failed to perform a good program, he would say "my sole objective are the olympics"...he sais that comping up to 2006 and the same for 2010....
    too much pressure... think step by step!!!
    Welcome Jenny, I hope to see more posts from you & about happier things, too...

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I m gonna die to sleep again. Greek tv has never done rebroadcast all week, yet there is rebroadcast of men again today. But i cant go through this again!

Custom Title
    Poor Joubert. He probably feels like the games are just not for him. I feel sad for him and I'm not even a fan. I just hope they all skate up to their ability and clean.

I also feel so sad for Tomas, Jeremy and so many others.

Quote Originally Posted by magicalwords View Post
    Tomorrow, I hope Brian performs a program that he won't be disappointed in for the rest of his life. A program he would be proud of skating for the rest of his life. I want him to break away from all the expectations and pressure and just skate and have fun. Brian will rise. He has done it before. He certainly can do it this time.

I'm imagining that he would probably be having a hard time dealing with his crushed expectations. But what's done is done. Short program for 2010 Vancouver Olympics is already over. What's not over is, Long program for 2010 Vancouver Olympics. The overall result for Men's figure skating for 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Anybody can make history.

Allez Brian!

YES! I wish Brian the best. Forget about the short program, forget about skating for medals. He just needs to take a deep breath and skate as good as he (and we) know he can do, so he can be proud as he leaves the rink, so that he doesn't step out with regrets. That's all I want for him: one great program he can be proud of. ALLEZ BRIAN!!

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Brian, just skate this long the way it was meant to be skated. And don't think about it. This from a non-fan who wants to see everyone skate their best at the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Ah Brian, I am so sad for you . I can't say I'm entirely surprised though...I mean he's already the best looking guy out there if he was the best skater out there too he'd be almost TOO perfect . I just hope he goes out there tomorrow and does a great LP, I like his LP much better than his SP and he definitely has a shot at pulling up to make a respectable top 10 finish. I hope Tomas and Jeremy do the same, all three have nothing to lose and everything to gain so I hope they skate up to their potential and show the audience what their skating is REALLY like!

Anyone know if Joubert is planning on retiring after this season? Will he stick around for another Olympics? If he retires I'll miss him SO much.

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    For someone who is fluent in French, I felt all the disappointment and hopelessness in Joubert....Even though I am not a particular fan of his, I cant help but feel bad for him :(

Custom Title
    The "I won't make it, I won't make it" in the K&C was the most heartbreaking thing I've seen so far, he was so dissapointed!

I really hope he does well, he is such a good skater.

practice makes perfect victoria90's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post

Anyone know if Joubert is planning on retiring after this season? Will he stick around for another Olympics? If he retires I'll miss him SO much.
    I recall reading an interview where he said he wasn't ready to stop competing just yet... I hope he doesn't retire :(

Anyway, I wish him the best. I really hope he can skate lights out tomorrow. As a big fan of him I've been waiting this Olympics for so long, waiting for his dream to come true... meh, the SP last night was horrible for all of my favorites (Brian, Tomas and Jeremy)... maybe I'm jinxing them lol

The Boss of French figure skating is talking here.

Such an idiot. Someone else can translate, I won't translate stupid stuff like that.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

Such an idiot. Someone else can translate, I won't translate stupid stuff like that.
    Medusa, that was what I was referring to in the Men's SP thread with Didier being unforgiving and putting severe pressure on his skaters. It looks like he's making an ultimatum with Brian, if you want to continue, train as I do see fit. Is there any other way to see it? I don't know what kinda enforcibility he thinks he has but this is not nice coming from someone who is supposed to support you. No wonder so many fench skaters changed nationality, with the uttermost example being Contesti.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

Please, Speedy, suspend him again.

DG is such a total loss as a person. If he didn't like Brian's choices, why didn't he say something at the time? Three weeks isn't enough to train? You don't say - should they have postponed Olys then? And obviously if things had worked out for Brian, DG would have taken the credit for all the decisions he's trashing. I hope Raymonde Joubert lays down the law to him and that he doesn't get his greedy hands on the adorable Florent. What a loser.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Didn't Didier give Brian this ultimatum before the season started? Just ignore him, Brian.

Custom Title
    I had a dream last night that Joubert nailed his LP, with 2 quads, and then did a backflip and took off his shirt at the end. He won the gold :D and all the other favorites had a splatfest.

Custom Title
    He looked like he gave up after the Quad, and that to me was the most disappointing. Not that I could have done or thought any different or better, but just wished he could have shown more fight all the way through.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast