Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Brian Joubert Good Vibes thread: From the Ashes a Hero Shall Rise

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I had a dream last night that Joubert nailed his LP, with 2 quads, and then did a backflip and took off his shirt at the end. He won the gold :D and all the other favorites had a splatfest.
    I had a similar dream that he landed 3 quads, skated brilliantly and came away with the gold!!!! I heard Le Marselle!!! If enough of us believe and have this dream then it should come true!!!

It is my olympic dream that he comes away with this, with a medal!!!!

I keep on fallin' for Kwan
    That is the perfect dream ever.

Custom Title
    Reading some posts here has warmed me. I have been too upset for Brian to post anything about it. I really care about Brian, and I am too afraid of perhaps adding to the pressure on him unintentionally by anything I might write. Of course, I should love to see him come back in the free skate and skate as we know he can, but whatever he does, I support him.

You are one of the few brave enough to take the big risks, Brian. That in itself is glorious, mon brave.

Custom Title
    Love Brian, and we have the same birthday, so I feel connected to him . He broke my heart yesterday, but I guess having Verner and Abbott join him in the dog house might make it a little easier for all of them to swallow; it is the Olympics after all, and the pressure is intense. Wishing all three the best tomorrow. No matter what the outcome, Brian, all your fans will still love you!

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    I found this mea culpa article of Brian this morning. The google translator is doing a terrible job, maybe someone would like to help
    http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/103126...sez-travaille/
    He talks about some personal issue dating back to two years that changed his approach and personality, he admits not training properly and talks about possiblity of not being there in Torino for worlds if I understand it correctly (impossible with the trasnlator.)
    Great start to my morning!

Custom Title
    I like Brian and have agreed with him in the past that skaters have been under-rewarded for the quad and that some skaters, including Buttle and Chan, have harmed men's skating by not doing it.

I wanted him to do well here, but his swearing about the Olympics in the K&C was a bit unprofessional, and detracts from the Spirit of the Games.

I hope he will be more positive from this point on.

I hope Joubert skates the LP of his life if nothing just to prove himself that he can do it. I was so sad about the SP but hope that he can put that behind him. I'll be cheering for him tomorrow.

I listened and read both interviews, and here's what I think.

I don't agree with Didier about Brian generally not working for this medal. Brian hit the nail on the head when he said that he should have worked as from July. The truth is, straigt after Turin Brian started working towards his objective. He has matured a lot, he has tried to adapt to the system (maybe a bit too much), he has worked on his weaknesses. My opinion is that the problems really came when he split from JCS. Firstly the main problem seemed to be that JCS wasn't good at strategic thinking during competitions. But Brian said that there were other training problems too - I'm surprised, but I'm not going to contradict him. The split was quite ugly because the first person to mention was Didier, and Didier can be quite harsh. And as usual, Brian followed-up. Then there was the issue of finding a new coach. Brian Orser seemed an obvious choice - his personnality his perfect for Babou. The problem was he didn't want to leave his home town, and I can understand that. If a skater doesn't feel well in their personnal life, then they can't be good on the ice. Maybe he should have tried to have some arrangement with Orser like Mao has with TaT. But we don't know what exaclty was said during the negociations so it's impossible to know upon what basis Brian made his decision. The real problem was, I believe and maybe I am wrong, chosing Laurent Depouilly. The two have worked together before and it didn't work - mainly because of the immaturity of both at the time. Brian has definitly matured since then and Laurent probably has too. However Brian needs somebody whose personnal strength makes them more imposing than Brian - he needs that kind of presence. And Laurent just doesn't fit that description. I'm not sureeither that he's the kind of coach for a world champ.
    Didier has been a huge rock for Brian over the years, but sometimes I feel as if he can be a drawback. His strong personnality and his honesty are good things, but I really don't think that more or less giving Brian an ultimatum or making certain issues public are very good ideas.
    I agree that Brian should stay with D/S, at least for next season. What's interesting is that Didier mentioned that there was talk of getting Brian to work with Kurt again. I think it's useless to speculate on the whole Brian/Kurt thing as there are loads of rumours, but if iwhat Didier said is true then's it's a real shame that it didn't happen as Kurt would have been that mental strength that Brian needed.
    I'm not surprised that Brian has had personnal issues, I suspected as much. I don't know what they are and I'm certainly not going to speculate on his private life, but maybe going abroad a bit would have been a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    I agree that Brian should stay with D/S, at least for next season. What's interesting is that Didier mentioned that there was talk of getting Brian to work with Kurt again. I think it's useless to speculate on the whole Brian/Kurt thing as there are loads of rumours, but if iwhat Didier said is true then's it's a real shame that it didn't happen as Kurt would have been that mental strength that Brian needed.
    Natacha, I mostly agree with you although I am not going to speculate on the coaching part cos I don't know what the training environment was like with either coaches. I very much agree with your comments about Browning. If, after this point, things can be patched up with him, I feel he really can provide Brian the wisdom and stability he needs right now after such an epic fail at his golden dream.

Hey, this was supposed to be a thread to cheer up those of us who like Brian, and it's become decidedly non-cheerful! I am therefore going to go with some nostalgia and cuteness in the hopes of putting us back on track and restoring the cosmic balance in Brian favor.

So, to get to the point: an old fluff I found on Youtube - isn't that adorable?

Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    I found this mea culpa article of Brian this morning. The google translator is doing a terrible job, maybe someone would like to help
    http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/103126...sez-travaille/
    He talks about some personal issue dating back to two years that changed his approach and personality, he admits not training properly and talks about possiblity of not being there in Torino for worlds if I understand it correctly (impossible with the trasnlator.)
    Great start to my morning!
    Yikes. He sounds as if he needs some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Yikes. He sounds as if he needs some help.
    Unfortunately the public crucifixion by DG and the media makes it really hard for someone who is showing signs of self doubt. i agree with some of the solutions suggested like I already said but the approach is downright shameful. I read some new statements, which I dont wanna share here, it just gets more and more depressing. Instead I wanna move on along the lines B suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Hey, this was supposed to be a thread to cheer up those of us who like Brian, and it's become decidedly non-cheerful! I am therefore going to go with some nostalgia and cuteness in the hopes of putting us back on track and restoring the cosmic balance in Brian favor.

So, to get to the point: an old fluff I found on Youtube - isn't that adorable?
    B, I remember this fluff. Isnt it the cutest thing ever? It just goes to show that despite the contrary potrayal by some of the media, he is a simple and sweet guy! Ahh, good times.
    Brian pls ignore all the public bashing and terrorising and just skate for yourself tonight!

Rinkside
    Joubert has been one of the skaters I've most enjoyed watching over the years. I feel that when he's on, and prepared, he's one of the few best in the world. I hope that perhaps this slip in the short program will free him up to give the performance of his life in the free skate.

Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    It just goes to show that despite the contrary potrayal by some of the media, he is a simple and sweet guy!
    I don't think he is simple. I think he is actually rather complicated, and maybe he has a hard time admitting that to himself. /swtichingoffarmchairpsychologist

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I don't think he is simple. I think he is actually rather complicated, and maybe he has a hard time admitting that to himself. /swtichingoffarmchairpsychologist
    Hahaha, Medusa the Supershrink, I didnt mean that in his personal life, I meant competitively. He does not play any big games..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast