Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Czisny Parts With Coach

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan

Czisny Parts With Coach

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Who would've thought? At least we know now she's not retiring.

I love Alissa but I definitely felt that she should have made this coaching change a couple years ago...but happy to hear that she is going to continue.

Would love to see her work with Yuka Sato full time.

But along with the change she needs to address the issues that affect her skating...more in the 'mental toughness' area IMO.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I'm with you, reynycpr. This change should have happened a long time ago. It would be interesting to see what Yuka could do with Alissa as a full time coach.

I know this must have been hard for her. I wonder if Boitano or Leaver would coach her full time...It will be interesting to see who she ends up with.

Custom Title
    Best of luck to her! I too am wondering if it is so much the need for a new coach or rather maybe just a better sports psychologist though.
    Never the less, she has amazing ability and it would be really interesting to see what someone like Yuka could do with her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BravesSkateFan View Post
    I know this must have been hard for her. I wonder if Boitano or Leaver would coach her full time...It will be interesting to see who she ends up with.
    Czisny was inconsolable after the short program at Nationals. Leaver did her best backstage but I think Sato might be the best choice for her if Czisny continues to compete. Sato presents a very calming presence, nothing seems to ruffle her feathers.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Talk about to little to late. First, I am stunned that is is coming back for another season, but I understand why she would not want to leave to sport with such a bad memory.

Honestly, she should have changed coaches long ago, especially after her poor 2007-8 season. I understand that she wanted to stay in near her college, but there must be other coaches in that area. I can't imagine that she can stay competitive until Sochi, and she already won nationals and was on two world teams.

I wish her the best and do think either Linda Leaver or Sati would be good choices.

Down With It
    I don't see Yuka Sato mentioned anywhere in the article? Where are people getting her name from?

Anyway, this is interesting as I could have sworn she'd retire after this year. Then again, she's also younger than I thought (22) so she probably has a couple more years to go. I don't think Czisny would have made it onto the Oly team anyway given how Nagasu and Flatt performed. The only person that had a legit shot was Wagner, and she gave a strong effort but the fall in the SP proved to be very costly.

Czisny was inconsolable after the short program at Nationals. Leaver did her best backstage but I think Sato might be the best choice for her...
    Really? Didn't hear anything about this.

For those who say that this should have happened earlier...well, she WAS the National champ last year after all. Maybe it could have happened after her disastrous Worlds, but I think- once a headcase, always a headcase.
    Last edited by R.D.; 02-08-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    I don't see Yuka Sato mentioned anywhere in the article? Where are people getting her name from?
    Well from what I understand Sato and Biotano have worked with Czisny here and there for the past couple of years... I was just mentioning Sato as my wish for her full time coach.. not that there have been any rumors or anything.

Custom Title
    This move is far too late. Czisny should have gotten a new coach after her 15th place at 2007 Worlds.

IMO, Czisny's problem is poor technique exacerbated by competition nerves. She's been trying to work on her technique for the past few years without success. IMO, at 22, Czisny is too old to make any real changes in her jump technique, and her nerves will continue to keep her from success internationally.

It's too bad, because she is a lovely skater--just not a strong competitor.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    This move is far too late.
    But better "late" than never, right?

When I read about Alissa leaving her coach the first person that came to mind is Yuka Sato. Yuka seems to have been a good influence on Jeremy Abbott and perhaps she would help Alissa with her competition nerves. I know Alissa has worked on her technique - maybe there won't be anymore improvement in that department. I can understand that she might want a better final season than this one to remember her competition days.

Banned
    The article seems a bit odd. It does not include the usual boiler plate comment from athlete thank coach, etc. The lack of a replacement certainly seems to leave a fair amount up in the air, though the timing could be a part of that. Yuka Sato, also being at the Detroit Skating Club, seems everyone's pick for a logical choice. Given her need to further strength both jumps and competitive abilities, I wonder if Brian Orser would be out of the question.

Custom Title

Needs To Retire

Alissa needs to move on with her life. You can't unlearn bad technique at 22 years of age. She is an exquisite skater in every other respect but she cannot jump consistently. It isn't just about nerves but about relearning how to jump all over again. It gives me no pleasure to make these comments because I think she is a lovely person and one of the most beautiful skaters to ever hit the ice.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    She can still have a decent career as a show skater.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast