Go marry the quad if you love it so much
Men's Free Skate - Thurs, 18th 8pm EST
Warm-up Group 1
1. Verner Tomas (Cze) 19
2. Bacchini Paolo (Ita) 20
3. Pfeifer Viktor (Aut) 23
4. Chipeur Vaughn (Can) 24
5. Kovalevski Anton (Ukr) 21
6. Schultheiss Adrian (Swe) 22
Warm-up Group 2
7. Lindemann Stefan (Ger) 17
8. Borodulin Artem (Rus) 13
9. Abbott Jeremy (USA) 15
10. Contesti Samuel (Ita) 14
11. Fernandez Javier (Esp) 16
12. Joubert Brian (Fra) 18
Warm-up Group 3
13. Kozuka Takahiko (Jpn) 8
14. Ten Denis (Kaz) 10
15. Van Der Perren Kevin (Bel) 12
16. Amodio Florent (Fra) 11
17. Chan Patrick (Can) 7
18. Brezina Michal (Cze) 9
Warm-up Group 4
19. Lysacek Evan (USA) 2
20. Oda Nobunari (Jpn) 4
21. Lambiel Stephane (Sui) 5
22. Takahashi Daisuke (Jpn) 3
23. Weir Johnny (USA) 6
24. Plushenko Evgeni (Rus) 1
My prediction: the three tied at the top now all make mistakes, with Takahashi melting down the most. Plushenko hangs onto gold, Oda or Lambiel slip in for silver, and Evan gets bronze.
My hopes for the FS:
- KVDP skates his best and ends up top 10
- One of Oda, Weir or Lambiel pushes either Lysacek or Plushenko off the podium
- Jeremy, Brian and Tomas redeem themselves and set the groundwork for kicking *** in Turin
i guess Group 3 will be the last group of the next olympic.
Almost! Switch KVDP with Rippon (or Fernandez as a dark horse) and you got Sochi's final flight. Can't wait for that group (except for Robin van der Hood)
Originally Posted by yangjie
"Hold an edge and look sexy!"
Last edited by museksk8r; 02-17-2010 at 08:12 AM.
I can't sleep but Javi's performance is now on nbcolympics.com.
Originally Posted by museksk8r
Anyway, dream (now that the SP is done):
However, if Evan wins, I'll be okay with it.
Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape
Are we starting already? But I can't break out the liquor now!
Anyway, I say...
though I would prefer
Lysacek ... if it has to be him...
1. Lysacek (I think he's going to skate lights out like he did at Worlds last year)
2. Plushenko (I think he'll be clean but cautious)
3. Dai (good but not perfect, 5th in the LP but 3rd overall)
Chan and Nobu will be 4th and 5th but I don't know what order - I think they'll be 3rd and 4th in the LP in some order and finish just off the podium)
Waiting for on-ice perfection.
Same here! Sochi will be absolutely stunning. Can't wait to see how Ten, Rippon and Florent, in particular, will amaze us in 2014
Originally Posted by ARipp42014
What I am hoping for:
1. E. Plushenko (and a dumbfounded NBC alongside all the trashtalkers... even if only for a moment)
2. S. Lambiel
3. M. Brezina
What I am afraid of will happen:
1. E. Lysacek
2. D. Takahashi
3. E. Plushenko
Wouldn't he need to rotate his lutz opposite from the rest for it to remain a true combination since you need to take off from the leg you just landed on. If he changed feet to take off on his normal lutz foot I would think that's really a sequence.
Originally Posted by Tenorguy
Last edited by Ptichka; 02-18-2010 at 09:08 PM.