18. Brezina Michal (Cze) 9

Warm-up Group 4
    19. Lysacek Evan (USA) 2
    20. Oda Nobunari (Jpn) 4
    21. Lambiel Stephane (Sui) 5
    22. Takahashi Daisuke (Jpn) 3
    23. Weir Johnny (USA) 6
    24. Plushenko Evgeni (Rus) 1

My prediction: the three tied at the top now all make mistakes, with Takahashi melting down the most. Plushenko hangs onto gold, Oda or Lambiel slip in for silver, and Evan gets bronze.

Custom Title
    My hopes for the FS:
    - KVDP skates his best and ends up top 10
    - One of Oda, Weir or Lambiel pushes either Lysacek or Plushenko off the podium
    - Jeremy, Brian and Tomas redeem themselves and set the groundwork for kicking *** in Turin

Custom Title
    i guess Group 3 will be the last group of the next olympic.

Quote Originally Posted by yangjie View Post
    i guess Group 3 will be the last group of the next olympic.
    Almost! Switch KVDP with Rippon (or Fernandez as a dark horse) and you got Sochi's final flight. Can't wait for that group (except for Robin van der Hood)

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    My dream podium now is:

1. Lambiel
    2. Takahashi
    3. Oda

My realistic podium is:

1. Plushenko
    2. Lambiel
    3. Lysacek

Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    My hopes for the FS:
    - One of Oda, Weir or Lambiel pushes either Lysacek or Plushenko off the podium
    - Jeremy, Brian and Tomas redeem themselves and set the groundwork for kicking *** in Turin
    Absolutely agree with you!

Oh, I forgot to add that I'm mad that NBC didn't show us Javier Fernandez's SP.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 02-17-2010 at 08:12 AM.

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Are we starting already? But I can't break out the liquor now!

Anyway, I say...

Plushenko
    Lysacek
    Lambiel

though I would prefer

Plushenko
    Lambiel
    Lysacek ... if it has to be him...

Custom Title
    Dream:
    1. Verner
    2. Chan
    3. Oda

Realistic
    1. Lysacek (I think he's going to skate lights out like he did at Worlds last year)
    2. Plushenko (I think he'll be clean but cautious)
    3. Dai (good but not perfect, 5th in the LP but 3rd overall)

Chan and Nobu will be 4th and 5th but I don't know what order - I think they'll be 3rd and 4th in the LP in some order and finish just off the podium)

Custom Title
    Wow, Plushenko skating last. Which means that if some of the other skate clean, he will have the opportunity to try a second quad etc. He is not in the shape he was 4 years ago, and I don't think that he can win just on reputation. He has to really struggle for it, but of course, he is still the favourite. My money is on Lysacek for a clean skate, and on Lambiel on being the most possible medalist coming from behind.. Which means that Takahashi is going off the podium, but then again, if someone can beat a relatively clean Plushenko, it is Takahashi, not Lysacek. Wow, so complex. I can't wait.

*Plushenko skating last. Not in the best shape of his career. Some injury problems I heard. A really lame long program. I suspect a Slutskaya in 2006 Olympics case, so many similarities....
    Last edited by Alex; 02-17-2010 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    My dream podium now is:

1. Lambiel
    2. Takahashi
    3. Oda

My realistic podium is:

1. Plushenko
    2. Lambiel
    3. Lysacek

Absolutely agree with you!

Oh, I forgot to add that I'm mad that NBC didn't show us Javier Fernandez's SP.
    I can't sleep but Javi's performance is now on nbcolympics.com.

Anyway, dream (now that the SP is done):
    1) Daisuke
    2) Stephane
    3) Evan

Reality
    1) Plushy
    2) Evan
    3) Stephane

However, if Evan wins, I'll be okay with it.

Custom Title
    realistic podium
    Plushenko
    Lysacek
    Lambiel

dream podium
    PLushenko
    Lambiel
    Takahashi/Weir

I hope takahashi doesn't feel the pressure! I have this main fear!

And I really don't get Evan (7.95 in transitions....c'mon! he isn't better than plushenko, + give some - Goe on those telegraphed jumps!), among the american my favourite was Abbott, and now for the podium I'll support Weir

Anyone who rules out Stephane Lambiel for a medal is IMO delusional. Stephane is not a strong SP skater, because the lack of a 3A really hurts him, but he can rack up some points in the LP. The judges love him because he's interesting and musical; they were pretty generous with him yesterday, all things considered. And a six point difference is nothing, it's easy to make that up with a good LP.

My dream podium is not going to happen. My more realistic, current dream podium includes Dai, Johnny, and Plushenko - I never thought I'd pick the latter, but he's been trashed in the NA media so much it's almost like cheering on an underdog. I'd be okay with Lambiel, too, and I hope Jeremy and Brian will skate better than all of them and leave with at least some good memories.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I think Lambiel can hop on top of podium without even his best skate. Six marks gap is nothing. He had much bigger gap in Euros from the rest and he almost reached Plush's Lp score there who had just one doubled jump. The rest I dont know. I m afraid of Dai, how he will do. And it didnt look to me like the judges want to give the gold to Plushy with joy,Goe was low, so he has to be perfect and more than that in Lp. He maybe lose even only by pcs scores. But I dont care anymore. The thing is he went out and did what he can do. I lm fine with that. It was a dream cometrue. I hope he medals. But I have Lambiel almost sure thing on podium. And he skates in good position.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Almost! Switch KVDP with Rippon (or Fernandez as a dark horse) and you got Sochi's final flight. Can't wait for that group (except for Robin van der Hood)
    Same here! Sochi will be absolutely stunning. Can't wait to see how Ten, Rippon and Florent, in particular, will amaze us in 2014

On the Ice
    What I am hoping for:

1. E. Plushenko (and a dumbfounded NBC alongside all the trashtalkers... even if only for a moment)
    2. S. Lambiel
    3. M. Brezina

What I am afraid of will happen:

1. E. Lysacek
    2. D. Takahashi
    3. E. Plushenko

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Anyone who rules out Stephane Lambiel for a medal is IMO delusional. Stephane is not a strong SP skater, because the lack of a 3A really hurts him, but he can rack up some points in the LP. The judges love him because he's interesting and musical; they were pretty generous with him yesterday, all things considered. And a six point difference is nothing, it's easy to make that up with a good LP.
    Definitely, I have a gut feeling that Lambiel's going to move up to a medal spot, especially since Takahashi may very well implode based on his inconsistency. That being said, I'd rather have Plush or Lysacek implode, but realistically, that's much less likely to happen. My dream podium (Lambiel-Abbott-Takahashi) is obviously blown out of the water barring a complete splatfest and, I don't know, a cholera epidemic hitting the top 10 or something. I have a feeling it's going to be a Plushenko-Lysacek-Lambiel podium on Thursday.

I so totally need some stiff liquor tomorrow night.

And preferably a sedative too.

Page 1 of 105 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast