Men's Free Skate - Thurs, 18th 8pm EST | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate - Thurs, 18th 8pm EST

JuliusFelix

Rinkside
I wonder if Evan's skating appeal to those not COP-versed is underrated here. I can't tell you the number of people I've coaxed into watching the men's SP after repeated nagging who are now overwhelming me with their comments on the awesomeness of Evan's skate, and how they can't believe they haven't been watching him all along, and where they can find more links to his stuff.

I don't know. He's not so mechanical and ungainly as he often gets portrayed on skate boards.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I wonder if Evan's skating appeal to those not COP-versed is underrated here. I can't tell you the number of people I've coaxed into watching the men's SP after repeated nagging who are now overwhelming me with their comments on the awesomeness of Evan's skate, and how they can't believe they haven't been watching him all along, and where they can find more links to his stuff.

I don't know. He's not so mechanical and ungainly as he often gets portrayed on skate boards.

You are correct. I've had the same experience with people who I've introduced Evan to. Evan is fun for many people who know jack about CoP because he's intense and passionate and his programs are not boring.

But I can certainly understand the criticism of his skating and why some people don't like his style. I feel that way about a number of skaters. Well, not any of the men for some reason. There are no men whose skating I really dislike. There are some I like better but I'm capable of enjoying all them... the women ...:no:

figuristka

Medalist
Bum-mer!! But if it makes you feel better I can't have wine either. I'll have to sneak watch it from work. :mad:

I should sleep soon, iam just so afraid i don't wake up in time lol I better set 2 alarms. Good luck seeing the skating.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Now that is a much healthier attitude. :yes:
Geez, all this talk makes it sound like Evan is the anti-Christ :laugh:

Tell you what - to anyone ready for the grave if Evan manages to win - just pm me your address and I will FedEx shovels to you. ;) :biggrin:

Check your PM box as often as possible after tonight, OK?:laugh: Geez, will you change your career?

schiele

Final Flight
You are correct. I've had the same experience with people who I've introduced Evan to. Evan is fun for many people who know jack about CoP because he's intense and passionate and his programs are not boring.

But I can certainly understand the criticism of his skating and why some people don't like his style. I feel that way about a number of skaters. Well, not any of the men for some reason. There are no men whose skating I really dislike. There are some I like better but I'm capable of enjoying all them... the women ...:no:

Layfan, I think the problem is when you see Evan for the first couple of times. he's very impressive. He's so fast, aggressive, attacking everything in that programme. But when, as a FS fan, you follow Evan for a while during the competitions and see how he 'progressed', it's a whole different story..

Cinch that busier tighter and tighter!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good Luck Girlfriend!!!!

Spun, thanks for turning me onto Florent, what a cutie and such passion!!!

It's probably a good thing you, me & KW don't live in the same city watching the Olympics. I got a bottle of tequilla, and a whole batch of chocolate brownies with cherries on top of chocolate frosting.
:rofl: What, am I not invited to your party? That's OK, it's Lent now, no tequila for me!

Someday we'll all have to meet in a hotel room to celebrate... or argue... or hash over all the Greatest Evers. :agree:

Go, Florent!

Medusa

Record Breaker
I wanted to distract myself, went to the Opera, watched Pelléas and Mélisande - and of course I am thoroughly depressed now. It was a really great production, so everybody was clapping and shouting after the performance, but I was sitting there and trying to hold the tears back. It was so sad! I can't clap and cheer after that...

So I am distracted, but depressed now. Can skating start?

schiele

Final Flight
I wanted to distract myself, went to the Opera, watched Pelléas and Mélisande - and of course I am thoroughly depressed now. It was a really great production, so everybody was clapping and shouting after the performance, but I was sitting there and trying to hold the tears back. It was so sad! I can't clap and cheer after that...

U sure its gonna make you feel any better? :laugh:

Tenorguy

On the Ice

Good grief Medusa, Pelleas is even more depressing than Dialogues des Carmelites! Snap out of it, skating coming soon. How will Stephane do in your opinion?

Medusa

Record Breaker
Isn't it bedtime? Try a nap!

Yeah, I did that on Tuesday and woke up 5 hours laters, having missed Plushenko, Amodio, most of Lambiel etc.

Good grief Medusa, Pelleas is even more depressing than Dialogues des Carmelites! Snap out of it, skating coming soon. How will Stephane do in your opinion?

Stéphane will do several mistakes on his jumps, that will keep him off the podium, but will still bring the house down and overall be content with his performance (as will I, just seeing him skate on competitive ice - priceless, and he gave us two new beautiful programs with Wilhelm Tell and La Traviata).

And it really was depressing. Will go watch Falstaff next week, should be better. ;)

Pelleas and Melisande is the only opera I slept through, Still hoping they show it on TV so I can get another look.

and enjoy Stefane tonight - win would be uplifting but if no win, he will remain the best for me for another number of years.

Eevun

Final Flight
Yeah, I did that on Tuesday and woke up 5 hours laters, having missed Plushenko, Amodio, most of Lambiel etc.

Nightmare! :eek: I hope I will wake up in time...

found the trick list
It's great to have it printed out and making own notes at :)
EDIT: it's preliminary, so all the jumps aren't right. Check with offical page as well (not pdf though..)

PASS THE VODKA!! Or not. I have to go to work 1 or 2 hrs after it's finished, if I hadn't to I would taken a shot each time I needed to cool my nerves (probably I would have been passed out when Plushy entered the ice, and that's when I need it most :lol: ). So I brought Ben&Jerry's instead. So when you scream VODKA I take a spoon of Half Baked.

My realistic dreampodium (based on the 3 now-leading):
1. Dai
2. Evan
3. Evgeni
(everything with Plushy out of the podium or at least the first spot is good.)

or if I dream a little more:
1.Dai
2. Stephane
3. Johnny

OR if I pass out in delirium:
1. Johnny
2. Stefan
3. Adrian

Are going to bed for an hour or 2 now, getting up 30 min before it starts. See ya later!

Last edited:

Alatariel

On the Ice

Dear me. Please let this not be a herald for tonight. I took a nap of some hour and a half and feel much better now. I was actually becoming optimistic ... until now :laugh:

Tenorguy

On the Ice

Stéphane will do several mistakes on his jumps, that will keep him off the podium, but will still bring the house down and overall be content with his performance (as will I, just seeing him skate on competitive ice - priceless, and he gave us two new beautiful programs with Wilhelm Tell and La Traviata).

And it really was depressing. Will go watch Falstaff next week, should be better. ;)

Pelleas and Melisande is the only opera I slept through, Still hoping they show it on TV so I can get another look.

and enjoy Stefane tonight - win would be uplifting but if no win, he will remain the best for me for another number of years.

Stephane is such a special athelete. His skating is special - I think he is one who transcends his sport to some degree, as in there is more going on than technique. I can appreciate the hard-core jumpers and the great technicians, but Lambiel moves me. Like Takahashi, the joy of Lambiel's movement over the ice is infectious. I am with you Joesitz, I will want to see him skate for many more years, regardless of the medal count.

1. Thank you for the trick list, Eevun!

2. If Adrian makes the podium, I will send you a bottle of champagne!!!

Last edited:

Eevun

Final Flight
1. Thank you for the trick list, Eevun!

2. If Adrian makes the podium, I will send you a bottle of champagne!!!

See my edit about the trick list!!

Thank you xD (his goal is actually to take gold in 4 years in Russia. Even I laugh at that, sorry Adrian!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:rofl: What, am I not invited to your party? That's OK, it's Lent now, no tequila for me!

Someday we'll all have to meet in a hotel room to celebrate... or argue... or hash over all the Greatest Evers. :agree:

Go, Florent!

Spun, I think you just overlooked your name, which is you....I think you were probably dreaming about Johnny's bustier.

Wouldn't that be a riot if we all met....question though...could we handle KW????? BTW, where is she??? :biggrin: :biggrin:

It's probably a good thing you, me & KW don't live in the same city watching the Olympics.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Only 2 hours to go before Verner takes the ice! *spazz* I'm praying to be home in time for the final flight.

Where's Senorita's popcorn?!