Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Free Skate - Thurs, 18th 8pm EST

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuusik View Post

What I am afraid of will happen:

1. E. Lysacek
    2. D. Takahashi
    3. E. Plushenko
    I think this is exactly what will happen. Well, sort of. LOL. I think Lysacek is going to take gold. Plushy will win the silver and Lambiel will slip in for the bronze. There's no way Lambiel won't be on the podium. Takahashi will slip between 4th and 6th.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Enero View Post
    I think this is exactly what will happen. Well, sort of. LOL. I think Lysacek is going to take gold. Plushy will win the silver and Lambiel will slip in for the bronze. There's no way Lambiel won't be on the podium. Takahashi will slip between 4th and 6th.
    I am a huge Lambiel fan, and I have a gut feeling that he's going to make the podium....BUT I think this may be tempting the skategods a bit too much. It really depends on which Lambiel will show up at the LP--Lambiel at 2006 Worlds (yay!) or Lambiel, 2008 worlds-version. Lambiel, as beautiful a skater he is, is not exactly the paragon of consistency. And he's 6 points back of 2 skaters who are, on the other hand, well-known for their consistency.

Custom Title
    I have been following Plushy's career ever since I saw him win the world juniors in South Korea. I remember they showed a short clip of him during the last junior worlds where he was 6th. I have been a fan ever since.

So here is my dream podium finish:

1. Plushy
    2) Takahashi
    3) Lysacek/Weir

Rinkside
    Love how this is turning into a dream podium thread - at least in the opener!

I really cannot decide if I want it to go Plush - Lysacek - Lambiel/Takahashi, or Lysacek - Lambiel/Takahashi - Plush.

I will be very happy so long as the podium is made up of those 4, though.

Custom Title
    I think it will be Plushenko, Lysacek and Takahashi/Oda/ maybe Lambiel. If this were 2007, I'd say Takahashi would probably win, but he has not regained the form he once had. Plushenko and Lysacek perform fairly well under pressure and I feel less nervous watching Evan's 3A now; I'd be surprised if one of them had a meltdown. I think for the top three to change, one of them would really have to implode and some other skater have the skate of their lives; I really only see that happening with Takahashi losing it and Oda or Lambiel really bringing their A game.

Or Brian Joubert pulling +3 GOEs on everything and pulling into 3rd...poor guy...

Custom Title
    I'm a fan of Oda but my really being realistic here. I think that the top three need to stay on there feet or it is over. Oda is going to put the quad. I'm positive he is. The program he can hit can easily score over 170. Weir and Lambiel are also there if the top three falter.
    BTW, NBC only mentions the top three there are other skater that can challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyascii View Post

Or Brian Joubert pulling +3 GOEs on everything and pulling into 3rd...poor guy...
    That is my dream for what will happen, that Brian will pull himself up and bring home a medal

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Anyone who rules out Stephane Lambiel for a medal is IMO delusional. Stephane is not a strong SP skater, because the lack of a 3A really hurts him, but he can rack up some points in the LP. The judges love him because he's interesting and musical; they were pretty generous with him yesterday, all things considered. And a six point difference is nothing, it's easy to make that up with a good LP.

My dream podium is not going to happen. My more realistic, current dream podium includes Dai, Johnny, and Plushenko - I never thought I'd pick the latter, but he's been trashed in the NA media so much it's almost like cheering on an underdog. I'd be okay with Lambiel, too, and I hope Jeremy and Brian will skate better than all of them and leave with at least some good memories.

Well, I'm certainly not ruling Lambiel out! I think you're right that that he'll be in his element in the LP. I'm not with anyone else around here wishing for any of the top three to be "knocked off" ... but I'd also love to see Lambiel on the podium. Honestly, I think what hurts him most isn't the triple axle but his perennial struggle to put out a perfect program. If he's perfect, it may not matter so much that he doesn't have 3a. I'll enjoy his skating no matter what and I'm so happy he's back.

My dream podium already isn't going to happen either ... but you are all much braver than me in listing your revised dream podiums. I'm too superstitious.

I have a feeling that Daisuke will have a bad LP, just like GPF. I hope I'm wrong.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    If we're going with dream podiums, well I'm torn between these two:

Daisuke wins! He is one of my favorite skaters and his LP is my favorite men's LP this year. Plus, a win by a Japanese man would improve the discipline's visibility in Japan, where it's been a bit neglected compared to ladies.

Or, Johnny Weir wins! This would offend and confound so many people, especially those who don't usually pay attention to this sport except at the Olympics. They deserve to suffer under Weir's sequined boots.

Neither scenario has a good chance of happening, though.

Custom Title
    Yeah I think Dai will bomb like he did at the GPF and Evan will have axel trouble, I'm going to predict the podium will be:

1.) Plushy
    2.) Oda
    3.) Chan

Followed by Lysacek and Lambiel, in whatever order.

Chan will get monstrous PCS plus hometown advantage and if he's clean he can make up those 8 points easily. Oda is a good LP skater and will be slightly ahead of Chan due to TES. Plushenko will hit everything but be uninspiring with lots of arm flapping. Brezina and Khozaka will be great but underscored. Abbott, Joubert, and Verner will either redeem themselves and make the top ten or be too depressed after the SP to make a convincing comeback.

Anyone have the times for groups and skater's again?. Have to watch final 2 groups at least. Thanks

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Thanks Your a big help

Custom Title
    Wow, Tomas is going first. This might be good for him, especially because he has nothing to lose and is not one to hold back. If he hits his 4-3 and two 3a's as planned, he could pull up into the top 10. His LP is also much better than his SP this season IMO, I think it will be scored better because it really emphasizes his elegance and great footwork. I really hope Jeremy and Brian also use their early draws to their advantage, I was so heartbroken for these three men last night that I hope they can prove to the world that they really are great, even if they are too far gone to medal.

But hey, who knows what will happen. It's the Olympics and the ice is slippery.

Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast