Men's Free Skate - Thurs, 18th 8pm EST | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate - Thurs, 18th 8pm EST

screech

Final Flight
I think Oda's score was fair considering the lace issue and PCS not up to Chan's standards.His TES were ahead of Chan's.

Looks like Stephane is going to get some -GOE on his jumps... I think Evan will still be ahead.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Hand down on a quad, was it?

No triple axel? Really? It's always interesting to see what jumps a skater can or can't do despite being able to do others.

Just barely held onto that second quad.

Alatariel

On the Ice
Hand down on a quad, was it?

No triple axel? Really? It's always interesting to see what jumps a skater can or can't do despite being able to do others.

Just barely held onto that second quad.

He can do it, and he used to do it, but after the injury...

kyla2

Final Flight
What Evan Lysacek did out there was incredible. I think some of us need a reality check. He is 6 feet something and to lay that down wouldn't be easy if he were 5 feet 6 with a lower center of gravity. Evan is raw power, courage and stamina. He also has an incredible work ethic. I admire him very much. I would love to see him get the gold but for now I am just happy he skated so well at the most important competition of his life.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I'm so crushed for Stephane, but I'm proud that he fought for it and made 4th.
Though I'm not the biggest Evan fan, I really am happy for him.

SweetPea21307

Rinkside
I am thrilled for Evan, but heart broken for Johnny!! These Olympics have been incredible so far!! I was absolutely speechless when Plushy did not outscore Evan. His hard work has paid off, I can't think of a more gracious Olympic Champion!! Congratulations to Evan Lysacek and Frank Carroll!!!!

Last edited:

Lotta

On the Ice
Men are always the one to bring drama. ;)

OMG THAT PART WHERE SHEN/ZHAO HUGGED EVAN ALONG WITH LORI WAS JUST AAAWWWWEEEESOOOMMMEEE!!!!!!!!!

Did GS crash or something? ;)

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
I got kicked out of the forum! Now I can finally post.

I am heartbroken for Plushenko. He has never been my favourite skater, but I was really hoping that he would win gold again in his comeback. He'll still be one of the greatest figure skaters of our time though. Who was the last male figure skater to win three medals at the Olympics?

Lysacek deserved the gold though. He must have prepared like crazy for this Olympics and that really showed in competition. Great performance! He's one of the very few skaters who can put everything together when it counts. Superb consistency!

I hated the marks given to Daisuke. I haven't looked at t he protocols yet, but I thought they were wayyy low w hen I first saw him. He was behind Chan and Lambiel, I would have put him ahead.

Iscariot

On the Ice
I cant believe they did that to Johnny i actually tough he was going to be on the podium, but no!
And congrats to Evan, shame he will have to face the speculation of Plushenko being robbed, but doesnt matter he is the olympic champion:agree:
Shame about Dai, probably with the ratified quad and other 2 toe of his combinations could have been enough, so glad he won in the PCS, i just enjoyed every single part of La Strada:biggrin:

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker
woah. Where did everyone go?? I guess no one could access the forum either!

Well, I'm thrilled for Evan!! I know it will be controversial and some people will be furious. I think the outcome of tonight will intensify the debate about whether a quad should be worth more under COP. I'm on the side that i should be. Why should any men attempt a quad from now on? Hope the debate centers on that and not on half-baked conspiracy theories.

However, I think under COP Evan won fair and square, so I'm happy for him.

BUT if it were 6.0. I sense the outcome would have stood thusly:

1. Plush
2. Evan
3. Dai
4. Johnny (maybe Johnny would even be 3rd. He DID skate two clean programs.)
5. Lambiel
6. Chan

Personally, I'm utterly :scratch: that Chan and Lambiel beat Johnny. I'm sure the numbers tell the story but it's tough being a skating fan this way.

Good for Jeremy for making the top 10 at least.

The Oda fiasco was heartbreaking.

Where IS everyone???

Last edited: