Page 7 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Free Skate - Thurs, 18th 8pm EST

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by UM84 View Post
    I'm sorry, but after seeing Plushenko in his interviews and in the stands, he just seems like and arrogant a@@hole
    Plushenko is still doing the same boring programs he skated when he was competing against Alexei.

He lacks Yagudin's passion, fire, artistry and musical interpretation. All he does is skate to the same type of programs and wave his arms around.

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    Plushenko always had great extension on his camel spins, and he used to perform the rare donut/catch-foot and biellmann spins before going the masculine route.
    Oh, so that's why there's no more biellman spin? That's a pity, because I always thought his biellma spins were so cool! Oh well, there's always Denis Ten who can do them too!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ademption View Post
    It's a risk, but then I also think that Evan not performing the quad is also a risk. Given that he's first in the skate order, he has no idea if his competitors that get good PCS scores will perform the quad and have a clean program. Evan has a cautious strategy that conventional wisdom might think is ok. He's assuming that the skaters below him that have great PCS scores won't have clean programs and the quad. But what if he's wrong? What if one of his competitors has the skate of his life including the quad? Did Frank Carroll give Evan this bad advice? I'm guessing so, based upon what happened to Michelle Kwan especially in 1998, when she skated very cautiously without the more difficult triple-triple combos that Tara L performed. Could this be deja vu all over again for one of Frank Carroll's students? I guess we'll have to find out which strategy is the best tomorrow--Evan's or Daisuke's.
    I have understood that Evan´s strategy is based on his health. He has a fracture, which does not stand practicing the quad. If he jumps that in the freeskate, he may even not be able to continue his programme till the end. Anyway, it was Kwan´s father who told her to skate cautiously in Nagano and not Carroll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    It is a risk either way. I think was having trouble with the quad all year, or else we would have seen it sooner than Nationals. Who knows when was the last time he tried one, and he has not tried one since he arrived in Vancouver. Even if he was healthy and training them, his track record of landing them clean is not that great. Not having the quad did not hurt him in the SP. Plushy will do one, we all know that. But Evan is very capable of doing a 100% clean skate if he does not do the quad. I am behind Frank and Evan on this decision, but Evan keeps saying he wants to skate with no regrets. If he misses winning because of lack of quad I think he will spend years asking himself "what if?" In that repsect, I almost wish he would just go for it, even if that mean self-destruction.
    That's pretty much what Takahshi is doing. Considering Takahashi's consistency, I think Evan is more logical in his decision. But by going for the safer way, it may feel that it pays off only if he skates cleanly. Yet, doing what's not consistent can lead to the Miki Ando Torino moment and his program can fall apart in other parts of the program even if he lands the quad.
    Last edited by Bennett; 02-18-2010 at 04:19 AM.

Custom Title
    It's nonsense...he lacks it now...I dunno what you think of artistry, but it's Yagudin who was always cleaner but less artistic, memories fade... Plushy was ahead of evrb in artstic impression and program components, remember how many funny or tragic masterpieces he had...

You get wrong interviews or cut and made up interviews, I have never ever heard a bad word from him... Right now he thinks the judging was fair but he does not name himself a favourite, he said there are many skaters capable of capturing gold. From his interview you get an impression that he's very tired and is unlikely to shoot! It'd the hardest Olympic, I'm ageing, it's becomming more and more difficult to perform etc.

Personally I doubt he's going to be clean and win, but it's not only about free skate, I truly believe that this short program music and choreography is a huge mistake, the music was so slow and monotonous, if only he had chosen something faster he would have shown better footwork and emotions and get better results.

I do not name any favourites, the cleanest will win, I doubt anybody except Plushy will risk and jump quads so everyone is equal and Plushy's advantage in Tes will be compensated by others good PCS.

Custom Title
    What kind of sportmanship was when Plushenko has finished his SP he pulled out his unvisible sword in the middle of the rink, lifted up and put it back to his belt with a carriaage of a war hero. Almost like saying " I've killed them all right now!! " It was nothing to do with a respect of the other competitors just a part of his self-advertising circus like circulating in the middle of the rink minutes after he was called to start his programs. He also never missed not to have a final position in the end of a program (like he did also in Torino), just circulating around the rink for about 1 minute or more before a bow, celebrating himself. His overwhelmed pride and "narcism" also avoid him to pay attention to any kind of musics during his programs nowdays. He just don't care.Ughhhhh.

I really would like to see him lose because of his bad sportmanship!

I never thought I will wish someone to lose in my life, I've never did it before!
    Last edited by bigdeal; 02-18-2010 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    Plushenko always had great extension on his camel spins, and he used to perform the rare donut/catch-foot and biellmann spins before going the masculine route.
    God, are you people kidding me?

Ever considered that he might not do those positions anymore because he is kind of old? It's possible that those positions took a great toll on his body, very possible actually.

Lysacek takes out the Quad because of his health and that's so great of him and sensible. But if Plushenko takes something out, it's because he is e-v-i-l and wants to convert skating into a masculine X-games competition.

^^^^^

Artistry is such a battered word around here. Every fan sees their favorite with 'artistry', The better descriptive word should be Presentation.

Plushenko has a certain style which he presents to the judges and public as does each skater in the competition. Some skaters enhance their presentation each season. I have not seen that in Plushenko this season. For me, he skates in a very heavy way that each element (particularly jumps) shows technique. he does this very well but I have yet to see him dance in his programs. For others, his jumping prowess obliterates any sort of connection to the music. At the beginning of his program, he will crossover in circles for his main 3 jump executions with drum rolls which catch the eye of Scot Hamiton and his legion of fans. But is that choreographically artistry? It is point-getting, and so why not? It's the same as other Sports which do not use music.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Evgeni dropped the bielman after 2005 worlds and the double hernia, this was the last time i saw him doing it. After surgery that year he continued to do the donut but it was not as before and it made my heart hurt as I felt pain watching it. I doubt his body can do it now otherwise he would do it in his spins.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    What kind of sportmanship was when Plushenko has finished his SP he pulled out his unvisible sword in the middle of the rink, lifted up and put it back to his belt with a carriaage of a war hero. Almost like saying " I've killed them all right now!! " It was nothing to do with a respect of the other competitors just a part of his self-advertising circus like circulating in the middle of the rink minutes after he was called to start his programs. He also never missed not to have a final position in the end of a program (like he did also in Torino), just circulating around the rink for about 1 minute or more before a bow, celebrating himself. His overwhelmed pride and "narcism" also avoid him to pay attention to any kind of musics during his programs nowdays. He just don't care.Ughhhhh.

I never thought I will wish someone to lose in my life, I've never did it before!
    Huh???
    -Maybe he did the sword like I did my business I skated clean I m happy??? Or whatever?? He did it to intimidate 2 groups after him?LOL
    -Plush skates circles before cause a skater has ONE minute from ISU to prepare for his program maybe???Plush has taken all this minute since he was 15 years old to concentrate..you blame a skater of what he does before a program as his preparation??
    he took a one minute to celebrate after???He celebrated after sp and I missed it??? Even so, skaters have their moment, it is their moment, Chipeur stayed on ice long, Lysacek stayed on ice and I thought it was a great moment for him by the way, if you have ever competed in your life, these are emotions that bomb after you hold in your routine. Plushenko inTorino LP finish looked like a tone got out of his body and liped thanx god is over, we jump upside down in our homes, what do you expect from a skater whose life is there and he is the one who lives the moment???

Some people need group therapy concerning Plush hate here. It is ridicoulus. I m celebrating my first ignore list.
    Last edited by seniorita; 02-18-2010 at 07:07 AM.

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar

Oh but you are all right with Evan Lysacek pumping his fist in triumph during his last spin of the program, because what, that's in heat of the moment? Not contrived at all to pump both the audience and the judges ... right. And the crying bit ... oh please...

Please stop with the idiotic pc nonsense - bad sportsmanship - I mean honestly, where do you come up with such nonsense? It's just mind boggling. Do you even know what bad sportsmanship is? And then more nonsense, circulating around the rink ... oh forget it, ignore list.

Custom Title
    Well, I've never said I'm a fan of Lysacek and his reactions, because I'm not.
    Yes, I know what sportmanship means. Respect your contenders!! That is what does it mean! Please, keep it.
    Spontaneous reactions I can accept, being a sportman myself. Pre- decided PR fluffs, I can not accept. As simple as that.
    Last edited by bigdeal; 02-18-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Tripping on the Podium

this comment is sooo ridicolous!
    i conclude your favourite didn't skate well and you show off your frustration
    well
    you WON'T change hes first
    and you WON'T do anything about final result

get a life!

p.s and yeah i ll respond if i admit it's worth to do
    Last edited by lubov27; 02-18-2010 at 07:54 AM.

Custom Title
    how have plushenko's long programs been this year? does he usually hit all of his jumps? or double a few? i don't think i've ever seen him fall; does he?

Quote Originally Posted by ranjake View Post
    how have plushenko's long programs been this year? does he usually hit all of his jumps? or double a few? i don't think i've ever seen him fall; does he?
    He doubled one at Europeans in the LP, and one at Cup of Russia in the SP. But no falls so far.

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    He doubled one at Europeans in the LP, and one at Cup of Russia in the SP. But no falls so far.
    Medusa, considering we saw 4-3-2 in practice with a single quad after think he'll go for the double quad in the LP? Considering the pimp spot my guess is that it'll depend on the previous skaters and how they do.

Page 7 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast