Pang and Tong Announce Relationship | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pang and Tong Announce Relationship

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
A little out of topic, but I heard one judge gave them a 10.0.. :) Is this true? Certainly a good way to end their carreer :)

Fae

Rinkside
Bin Yao can now add matchmaker to his resume! They are so adorable together.
Does anyone know if they are going to worlds? And if they are retiring after this season? I thought they said that this might be their last competitve season but they may have changed their minds after winning the Silver :)

Pretty sure S/S will want to go to worlds...

Last edited:

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
There was an interview where Tong said that they'd continue to work hard for Worlds in March, so they'll likely go.

Kinga

Medalist
There was an interview where Tong said that they'd continue to work hard for Worlds in March, so they'll likely go.

That would be great. I will root for them to win. Honestly, I loved their performances more than S/Z. So I hope they win Worlds gold medal instead!! :)

feraina

Record Breaker
Pang/Tong have an official website in Chinese: http://star.sports.cn/pqtj/
Too tired/sleepy to translate now, but they posted articles of themselves being interviewed, saying
-- they only just started dating and not considering marriage yet
-- they never even had a date together before and look forward to going to movies and going shopping, holding hands, etc. (it actually sounds like neither has seriously dated anyone else ever)
-- they originally planned this to be their last Olympics, but having won the silver and the freeskate, having seen the audience's adoration and the judges' approval, they now look forward to 2014 Olympics if circumstances permitting
-- they have the worst injuries of all the Chinese figure skating team members, problem with knees in both (to me it's really hard to see them continuing until 2014)
-- they expect they'll probably be touring for a couple of years after the Olympics, they are still undecided about whether to compete in the near term
-- even if they decide to retire, if Chinese skating federation asks them to return, they will -- perhaps not to win a medal, but just to win spots at WC's or the Olympics
-- Tong revealed that one of his bosses gave him the advice that one day when he grows old and he will want to reminisce about the past, he will need someone next to him to listen and appreciate, and the best person will be Pang, because she can understand what is a triple twist, a triple throw jump (haha), and they can share some wonderful memories together and they will be happy. Originally, they had the attitude that they would just give it a try, but the advice he received gave him confidence that it can really work.
-- Pang joked to the interviewer that if Tong asked her to marry him, she can't promise she will say yes; and he responded that, If he were to ask, he's confident that she'll say yes.

lavender

Record Breaker
I knew it. I never really thought about it until I saw them after this competition. It must have been a moment that I saw between the 2 after they won silver. How cute.

It would be nice if they stayed but the judges are so fickle and by then the Russians and the Ukraine team will be favored to probably sweep.

Last edited:

ae9177

On the Ice
How sweet, I always wanted them to be a couple!!! They're perfect for each other!!!

zzjlwh

Spectator
Before watching P/T free program,I just know S/Z ----the most famous figure skating players in China for many years.Besides this,I know nothing about the game.
Thanks P/T,thanks NBC,thanks CCTV,I watched a perfect performance,In the song of The Impossible Dream,hearing the lyric of the compere,I was shocked.I couldn’t help weeping at this moment.Is there any sports more beautiful than figure skating?I only regert I found my favourite too late.
After that,I know P/T’s story full with pain,sorrow ,disease and adversity.They underwent a tough way. But they never give up. They are the true champion.
I believe they would be a couple soon,they would possess their own legend just like S/Z in the future.
Because they’ve been and would be
To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

rtureck

Final Flight
Great news. I love Pang and Tong. Off topic if Z&Z starts dating or marry they don't have to change their last name

figuristka

Medalist
So pleased for them, their Free program performance will always be remembered. We just have to wait for this announcement one day from Virtue and Moir :)

Will P/T be at Worlds, or retiring after this season?

Ximena

Final Flight
Pang/Tong have an official website in Chinese: http://star.sports.cn/pqtj/
-- they never even had a date together before and look forward to going to movies and going shopping, holding hands, etc. (it actually sounds like neither has seriously dated anyone else ever)
-- they originally planned this to be their last Olympics, but having won the silver and the freeskate, having seen the audience's adoration and the judges' approval, they now look forward to 2014 Olympics if circumstances permitting
-- they have the worst injuries of all the Chinese figure skating team members, problem with knees in both (to me it's really hard to see them continuing until 2014)
-- Pang joked to the interviewer that if Tong asked her to marry him, she can't promise she will say yes; and he responded that, If he were to ask, he's confident that she'll say yes.

These are the most adorable things I've ever read!

Such great news to read, thanks for the news!

aurora100

Final Flight
Now what about Zhang and Zhang? Are they a couple? Is that what would take for them to have more connection on ice? They almost look like they don't like each other they are so unconnected. But then Virtue and Moir are not a couple on ice but still very well connected on ice. So who knows. Good for Pang and Tong.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Great news. I love Pang and Tong. Off topic if Z&Z starts dating or marry they don't have to change their last name

Way off topic: Chinese women don't normally change their names when they marry! Way way off topic: Zhang Hao (him) can surely find better than Zhang Dan (her)!

feraina

Record Breaker
The latest article on Pang/Tong's website says that they feel energized by having received the record LP score at the Olympics, and they feel more motivated than ever to continue skating!

She also revealed that they will celebrate Valentine's Day together for the first time next year, because this year he didn't express his feelings for her until after V Day.

Given that Pairs SP was on 02/14, and LP was on 02/15, I think this is consistent with my hypothesis that he told her shortly before the LP, and that's why she smiled so happily throughout that whole program and was so relaxed. :)

Maybe he should propose to her just before World's, and then they can win gold there? Haha. ;)