Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pang and Tong Announce Relationship

I knew it! so happy for them

Custom Title
    How sweet, I always wanted them to be a couple!!! They're perfect for each other!!!

Rinkside
    Before watching P/T free program,I just know S/Z ----the most famous figure skating players in China for many years.Besides this,I know nothing about the game.
    Thanks P/T,thanks NBC,thanks CCTV,I watched a perfect performance,In the song of The Impossible Dream,hearing the lyric of the compere,I was shocked.I couldn’t help weeping at this moment.Is there any sports more beautiful than figure skating?I only regert I found my favourite too late.
    After that,I know P/T’s story full with pain,sorrow ,disease and adversity.They underwent a tough way. But they never give up. They are the true champion.
    I believe they would be a couple soon,they would possess their own legend just like S/Z in the future.
    Because they’ve been and would be
    To dream the impossible dream
    To fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow
    To run where the brave dare not go
    To right the unrightable wrong
    To love pure and chaste from afar
    To try when your arms are too weary
    To reach the unreachable star

Quote Originally Posted by jovani2293 View Post
    Yep. have a baby tong and a baby shen. pair them up. FUTURE OLYMPICS CHAMPIONS!
    LOL.

I'm so glad P&T are dating. They make such a cute couple! :-)

Custom Title
    Great news. I love Pang and Tong. Off topic if Z&Z starts dating or marry they don't have to change their last name

So pleased for them, their Free program performance will always be remembered. We just have to wait for this announcement one day from Virtue and Moir

Will P/T be at Worlds, or retiring after this season?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Pang/Tong have an official website in Chinese: http://star.sports.cn/pqtj/
    -- they never even had a date together before and look forward to going to movies and going shopping, holding hands, etc. (it actually sounds like neither has seriously dated anyone else ever)
    -- they originally planned this to be their last Olympics, but having won the silver and the freeskate, having seen the audience's adoration and the judges' approval, they now look forward to 2014 Olympics if circumstances permitting
    -- they have the worst injuries of all the Chinese figure skating team members, problem with knees in both (to me it's really hard to see them continuing until 2014)
    -- Pang joked to the interviewer that if Tong asked her to marry him, she can't promise she will say yes; and he responded that, If he were to ask, he's confident that she'll say yes.
    These are the most adorable things I've ever read!

Such great news to read, thanks for the news!

Custom Title
    Now what about Zhang and Zhang? Are they a couple? Is that what would take for them to have more connection on ice? They almost look like they don't like each other they are so unconnected. But then Virtue and Moir are not a couple on ice but still very well connected on ice. So who knows. Good for Pang and Tong.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rtureck View Post
    Great news. I love Pang and Tong. Off topic if Z&Z starts dating or marry they don't have to change their last name
    Way off topic: Chinese women don't normally change their names when they marry! Way way off topic: Zhang Hao (him) can surely find better than Zhang Dan (her)!

The latest article on Pang/Tong's website says that they feel energized by having received the record LP score at the Olympics, and they feel more motivated than ever to continue skating!

She also revealed that they will celebrate Valentine's Day together for the first time next year, because this year he didn't express his feelings for her until after V Day.

Given that Pairs SP was on 02/14, and LP was on 02/15, I think this is consistent with my hypothesis that he told her shortly before the LP, and that's why she smiled so happily throughout that whole program and was so relaxed.

Maybe he should propose to her just before World's, and then they can win gold there? Haha.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    Now what about Zhang and Zhang? Are they a couple? Is that what would take for them to have more connection on ice? They almost look like they don't like each other they are so unconnected. But then Virtue and Moir are not a couple on ice but still very well connected on ice. So who knows. Good for Pang and Tong.
    Z/Z said they were brother and sister,not sweethearts.They are in good relationship,Zhang Hao always take care of his partner.
    But I believe that they would be a couple in the future.They have become pairs since teenagers.There is an Chinese idiom "green plums and a bamboo horse",it means :a man and a woman who had an innocent affection for each other in childhood.In Chinese tradition,this is one of conditions to get good marrage.They were destined,just like S/Z and P/T.
    After coming back,P/T told the China press they would continue to skate unless they are in bad condition.You know,something were not desided only by them.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Way way off topic: Zhang Hao (him) can surely find better than Zhang Dan (her)!
    why did you say that? she's obviously good enough to be his partner, no? and they have an olympic silver medal together to boost.

Just read a really long and detailed interview with Pang/Tong:
    http://sports.sohu.com/20100304/n270579622.shtml
    Sorry, it's too long to translate right now. A few interesting tidbits:
    -- They were asked about time violation in the SP, and low levels on some moves; they replied that they might not have executed some moves as well as they could have, they will work on making them better, same with the time violation, a problem they already encountered once at a GP event.
    -- They are in really good shape right now because they had especially good off-ice physical conditioning and medical treatment this Olympic season, that's why they could skate so well, and that's what's making them hesitate about retiring after this season. In any case, they plan to skate at World's, and they will try to forget what they achieved at the Olympics and focus on their training. Another reason why they are hesitating is that the young Chinese pairs are developing rather slowly, and that they don't want to see China left with only one or two spots at World's.
    -- They wanted to get new exhibition choreography from Morozov for the gala, but he was too busy being with his student Miki Ando, so they ended up keeping their Adagio exhibition.
    -- It turns out they hadn't even had a chat about their relationship before Tong announced at the press conference that they're now "a couple"! Pang said she was happy, but surprised.
    -- Tong joked that the only thing that has changed is that now they can order two flavors when buying ice cream, and swap half way through so that they can taste both flavors.
    -- Tong told Pang, Hey, now we can hold hands when we walk on the street. She made fun of him. And then when they actually tried it on the street, it felt so awkward that they laughed and had to let go. They said they sometimes held hands in the past too, but it felt very natural, just like holding hands on the ice, they never thought much about it.
    -- They talked about presents they gave each other. Pang said the most memorable present from him was once in '98, soon after they had moved to Beijing for training, far away from their families, Tong bought her a giant stuffed bear for a birthday present. Back then, nobody had money, and he spent 200 Yuan (probably close to a whole month's pocket money for him, or at least two weeks') on the present, and she was really moved. He had planned the present, but was originally going to buy it in the evening, but when the morning practice didn't go well and he felt it was mostly his fault, he decided to run out during lunch break to get it, so that she can forget about the morning and be happy on her birthday. The stuffed bear was so big that it could hardly fit into the taxi that he took to get back to the training facility, and it took forever to pull it out of the taxi, so that he was late for practice. She still has it in her room. It's bigger than she is, she can sleep on it.
    -- Their parents had no idea about the romance. Her mom found out about it on TV during the interview. His mom didn't even see the interview, and found out when friends texted her to congratulate her, and she was confused -- they congratulated before already, why again?
    -- When they eventually retire, they plan to stay involved with skating, as performers, promoters...
    -- They love traveling but never have time with all the training. They look forward to doing more of it eventually.
    Last edited by feraina; 03-09-2010 at 02:00 AM.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    That story about the bear is too cute.

Custom Title
    Could they be ANY cuter? ♥♥♥

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast