Is Brian Joubert Maria Butyrskaya? | Golden Skate

Is Brian Joubert Maria Butyrskaya?

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Between the 2006 and 2010 Olympics, both became World champion, on the world podium 3 or 4 times. Both were 3 times Euro champions. What is going on with them? Are they the best skaters to have never medaled at the Olympics?

Now if only Brian Joubert posed for the now defunct Playgirl, their life stories would be interchangeable. :laugh:

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Haha! I am pretty sure that many women would not mind if Joubert posed for Playgirl, I know I wouldnt! :laugh: But seriously, Joubert chocked out there last night. Its obvious that he couldnt handle the pressure this whole Olympic season as well as the 2006 Olympic season. All I can hope is that Joubert does his best and has a SOHL Thursday in his lp program. :think:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Flattfan, congrats: you have just won for weirdest thread title of the year - and it's only February! :laugh: :laugh:

To answer your question: Butyrskaya was older than Joubert in her last Olympic cycle, and not as competitive with the top skaters. She really did go as far as her talent allowed. The best skater never to have medalled at Olys is Kurt Browning, and it doesn't diminish his achievements as far as I'm concerned - nor has he let it define his life. I wish the same for Brian.

Last edited:

ARipp42014

Medalist
Now if only Brian Joubert posed for the now defunct Playgirl, their life stories would be interchangeable. :laugh:

Playgirl's defuct? I thought Levi Johnston (for all you non-NAs, he's the baby's daddy of the daughter of Pres. hopeful Sarah Palin) recently posed for it.

I won't have any problem with it but in the meantime, I can enjoy that video with him in those tighty whities.

But in all seriousness, even though I'm not a fan, I hope he redeems himself and finish his Olympics on a high note.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Flattfan, congrats: you have just won the title for weirdest thread title of the year - and it's only February!
hehe, I tried. No harm intended.
Playgirl's defuct?
Playgirl isn't in print anymore. Only avail in digital version so fans can share and admire easier. =)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wouldn't want to see Joubert in Playgirl. I'd rather see Chan or Weir...............

jk.

lol, I was going to ask for a wastebasket, but then I saw you were kidding. :p;)

And to answer the thread title, no, Brian is not a transsexual (but it sure would be interesting if he was). :laugh::p

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Brian, the trannie, would be able to compete in the ladies event, and probably would have won gold. 68 in the SP isn't too bad. She can make up in the long with the quads. I bet Brian would trade both his testies for an Olympic gold medal right now. If you squint your eyes enough, Joannie Rochette sorta looks like Brian Joubert in a dress. =).