And it worked! Thanks, Dee!!!!!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    And it worked! Thanks, Dee!!!!!
    Spun suggested I post in case others want to write S&Z. Here's the adress

http://members.cox.net/dee4707/China%20Address.JPG

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Oh, darn. I really wanted to see them skate at Worlds with the pressure off. But if anyone deserves a rest they do. I can't wait to hear about baby Hongbo or Xue!

BTW - does anyone know where to send them fan mail?
    You can write to kangshh@sports.cn, that's the email for the webmaster of their official website.

Custom Title
    I wish them all the happiness for the rest of their life! Have two cute babies!

Quote Originally Posted by hongligl View Post
    I wish them all the happiness for the rest of their life! Have two cute babies!
    But I thought in China, you're only allowed 1 baby. Heck if they do have that only 1, I hope they get Hongbo's courage and Xue's strength!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hongligl View Post
    You can write to kangshh@sports.cn, that's the email for the webmaster of their official website.
    That's great, thank you for posting it, but I'm going to send them a real card!

Custom Title
    I wish them a long and happy life together. They deserve the best of everything. I also wish to thank them for the beauty of their skating. They were simply the best and that includes the Protopopovs.

Rinkside
    I read that China had relaxed their 'one child' policy in the cities. In any case, I bet the Chinese government would make an exception for S/Z. Wishing them all the best for all the joy they brought skating fans.

Custom Title
    I think I'm the most selfish person alive - I was just telling someone that I can't wait for Worlds for S/Z to have another "skate of their life" to end their career...and I actually was surprised and deflated (at first) to read about their retirement. NOW that I am over myself, I am so happy for them and wish them the very, very best in all of their endeavors. I have so, so enjoyed watching their skating for oh so many years and from the bottom of my heart simply say: THANK YOU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
    I read that China had relaxed their 'one child' policy in the cities. In any case, I bet the Chinese government would make an exception for S/Z. Wishing them all the best for all the joy they brought skating fans.
    I don't think it's that a couple CAN'T have more than one child; I think it just costs a lot more or something.

Actually, I don't know. Don't take my word for it.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    What a bunch of slackers! After just four Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    What a bunch of slackers! After just four Olympics.

Heh

ETA: It just occurred to me that they have three Olympic medals in figure skating. That's quite an achievement. Obviously, but given that that's the level of Klimova/Ponamarenko, I thought it worth mentioning.

Custom Title
    Thank you Xue and Hongbo for the tears and joy you gave us!!!!

Custom Title
    I think they should skate at the World Championships.

I get tired of skaters in today's era bailing on the Worlds after they medal at the Olympics.

Skaters should complete the full season just like they used to like in 1988 when competitors went on to the Worlds after the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    I don't think it's that a couple CAN'T have more than one child; I think it just costs a lot more or something.

Actually, I don't know. Don't take my word for it.
    There is an economic penalty in effect for city dwellers who have more than one child, unless the first is handicapped, or both parents are themselves only children, in which case a second is allowed. Government workers can be threatened with loss of job, but workers in the private sector are usually only penalized economically, and sometimes have difficulty getting paperwork/ID for the subsequent child. There have been some high-profile Chinese flouting this recently (basically a form of flashing their wealth more than actually wanting multiple children), and the government is not happy about it but can't really do anything beyond administering fines and pronouncing them unpatriotic. In Shen/Zhao's case, the latter is more likely to be an issue for them than the cash. But then again, maybe not.

As far as fan club mail goes, it is actually possible to put the language down in romanized alphabet using international convention--China Post gets international incoming delivery to the destinations just fine even without the characters. I'd be happy to translate the address, but am currently in the wilds of Indonesia using an internet cafe computer that has no Chinese fonts loaded and all the fonting is coming up gibberish so the Chinese characters are unreadable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast